PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh German Shepherd

Beth
07-31-2000, 01:45 PM
If anyone out there is interested in this rare breed of dogs, I had the pleasure or misfortune (however you wish to see it) of finding a malnourished famale shepherd on the 29th day of July on a little back road called Blacksnake, located around the Altoona, Pennsylvania area. She was very skinny, either been on the run for a long time or mistreated. The tips of her ears were eaten away by insects. Since I already have two big dogs at home, I could not bring her to my house. I put her in my car and had taken her to the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society, located in Altoona. The address is 1837 East Pleasant Valley Boulevard. This is a shelter that euthanizes animals if they do not find a home. It was pretty crowded when I took her there. There were only about four cages left, so her time is limited. She was a very friendly dog. I had my toddler with me in the car and the dog showed no signs of aggression. What stands out most about this dog is the love in her eyes. There was something about those eyes that expressed what a great pet this dog would be. She needs some work (feeding and grooming), but I know if someone was fortunate enough to own this dog, they would be rewarded by the loyalty, compassion and love I am sure this dog has to offer.

Beth
08-05-2000, 09:41 AM
I had checked on the Shepherd on the 4th of August. There was a gentleman there who was educated in Shepherds. He informed me hat she was not a Shiloh Shepherd like the volunteer had informed me. As a matter of fact, they have her listed as a Shepherd mix so the volunteer was mistaken. The tips of her ears have grown back and all the hair has almost grown back. They brought her outside and I brushed her. It was coming out in clumps. She gained a little weight but still has a ways to go. Just keeping everyone updated.

[This message has been edited by Beth (edited August 05, 2000).]