PDA

View Full Version : new law for sex offenders proposed in nz

carole
11-11-2003, 04:15 PM
I can hardly keep up with all the new law changes happening in my country, but so far most of them are for the good., this one is no different and I for one am a 100 percent behind it.

They are proposing that sex offenders be monitered up to ten years after their date of release.

Of course civil libertys are up in arms stating this is a breach of the bill of rights.

My answer to that is once you commit these henious crimes, you give up any of your so-called rights.

At this very moment, my daughter's best friends sister is appearing in court, as she was molested by a paedophile last year, this moron is already in Jail for committing the same offence, he preyed on his victim, be-friending her mother , a solo parent, she was also good friends with his sister, who obviously failed to tell or acknowlege her brothers behaviour.

This moron also before he was put to jail for another offence kept harrassing her , and telling her mother once she turned 16 he would have her, and she could do nothing about it, the unfortunate part was the girl was only like 12 at the time, and thought he was marvelous.

This was very close to home , because my own daughter had been over there, and was taken out in a group with him, it could have happened to her, but he was obsessed with this particular girl only.

It really saddens me, she is a beautiful girl, whos innocence has been taken by this sick individual, I cannot bring myself to call him a human being.

So what do you think, I am so for this bill to be passed, and hopefully it will be and soon, paedophiles never change, and always re-offend, maybe ten yrs is not long enough, but what can we do, people say they have served their time, leave them alone, but hey I would not want one of them living next door to me and not know about it.!!!!

Twisterdog
11-11-2003, 04:58 PM
My answer to that is once you commit these henious crimes, you give up any of your so-called rights.

I agree! "Uncivil" behavior negates "Civil" rights, IMO. Break the law, lose the rights.

I think that is an excellent law.

Child molesters are the lowest of the low, beneath human, and will rot in hell.

Just MHO. :p

dukedogsmom
11-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Here in Florida, it's public knowlege that can be looked up on the internet I think at FDLE's site but can't remember. That way you can find out if there is one in your area. And I agree, once you've commited a crime like that, you give up your rights. What about the victim's rights?

Tonya
11-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Since young ones read this, I won't mention what I think should be done to pedophiles.

Rio and Me
11-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Tonya i know what your thinking and if its the same i dont think its rude to say it on a dog website as its not considered rude for dogs!!!
a pheidifile (?sp?) or any kind of perfert should be CASTRATED!!!!
all of it!!!!
thats far punishment i think!!!
since that will never happen tagged for life is suitable!!!
they should NOT be given a new identity!! people should know their location, so they can be aware!!!
Ky and Rio

2kitties
11-20-2003, 09:00 AM
In the US, they are registered on a sex offender listing for life. The listing is public record and you can access it on the internet.
In fact, it is sort of interesting. You'd be surprised how many people you'd recognize if you looked up your home county's list.

amoore
11-20-2003, 09:15 AM
My best friend and her sisters were molested by their uncle a preacher ! He is in jail but has managed to send threats to her and her sisters she was the oldest .That finally went and told on him for what he was doing to her when she was small and now her little sisters . They were home schooled . The thing is now she is afraid of him getting out and what he will do when he does . I told her to report his threats . so you know how i feel on the subject .

trayi52
11-21-2003, 06:57 PM
My little granddaughter was molested by her uncle, and he is in prison. I hope her rots there. She was only 5 years old when he done that to her. My son got custody of the children because the mother didn't protect her children from her brother, she let him babysit the child. Like to have never got that sick creep in jail, my grandchild wouldn't talk to the district attorney about it, and he said he couldn't do anything because of that. He finally admitted he done it, and he is now in prison. I have no pity for sex offenders at all. I was afraid to hold my little granddaughter for the longest because I was afraid I would hurt her someway.
Castrazation would be too good for them. All should go, as Dolly Parton said in one of her movies, make a hen out of a rooster!!!:mad:

amoore
11-22-2003, 12:29 AM
I would love to see that happen ! Oh yes indeed ! I agree with you Trayi52 ! :mad: Sex offenders should get what they deserve !:mad: