PDA

View Full Version : Ebay...

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 02:35 PM
I sent money to someone on Ebay for a sign that I want. They got my money order and told me last week that it would be here on Friday...And it still isn't here.

Should I worry? Maybe they meant next Friday...

Pam
11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
My son got stung on E-Bay once but he has bought and sold on it MANY times. The same with hubby and daughter. My son's bad experience cost him $700. This particular person scammed a lot of people. :(

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 02:39 PM
That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen.. :( They sent me an email and the web page where you can order more signs off of, but I was so stupid that I didn't save the email or bookmark that page.

ramanth
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
I can't remember....are you in Canada, wolfsoul?

Is the item being shipped from the US? Could be a lot of factors. I know USPS has tracking and insurance options for packages sent. UPS and FedEx have the same services.

I've never been stung on eBay but I have had a few times where a package would take forever!

Pam
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
I think there is some sort of E-Bay insurance but to tell you the truth I don't know if he has done anything about it. There were a group of people that lost a lot of money. I think Paypal is probably safe. For this one particular purchase he didn't use it.
:(

ramanth
11-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen.. :( They sent me an email and the web page where you can order more signs off of, but I was so stupid that I didn't save the email or bookmark that page.
Did you save any of the checkout emails? The auction page will still be up and you can search by the Item # and Seller, ect. Under Advanced Search you can search completed auctions. I've had to do that when I've lost emails and such. :)

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I can't remember....are you in Canada, wolfsoul?

Is the item being shipped from the US? Could be a lot of factors. I know USPS has tracking and insurance options for packages sent. UPS and FedEx have the same services.

I've never been stung on eBay but I have had a few times where a package would take forever!
Yes, I'm in BC, and it's being shipped from Washington. :) I hope that's why there is a delay.

As for checkout emails, I'm not sure about those. Amy (wolf_q) bid for me because I didn't really know what I was doing, so maybe she got the emails?

boscibo
11-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Yep - Canada - US and vice versa will take longer. Don't panic until 3 weeks or so have passed. Even though Washington and BC are close doesn't mean it will make it any faster. I once had a Canadian package take 43 days to arrive!

Christiansmommy
11-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah, i wouldnt worry until it is like 3-4 weeks past due. I had to wait 3 weeks to a month for a toy i bought for my son, and was getting worried. But it finally came. if they own a store that sells these signs...and have their own website, like you were saying, i think they are legit.

You can go to ebay.com and click on the "my ebay" icon, and click on "items i have won" and it will bring up your auction and the sellers email...so you can email them if you want to clarify the delivery date.

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy

You can go to ebay.com and click on the "my ebay" icon, and click on "items i have won" and it will bring up your auction and the sellers email...so you can email them if you want to clarify the delivery date.
wolf_q did the bidding for me though. :) I could ask her for the username of the person. I do have the person's house address.

wolf_Q
11-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Do you have a tracking number? Do you know what date it was sent? Let me know if it's not here by this friday and I'll send her an email.

Crikit
11-12-2003, 12:14 AM
I've never had any probelms with EBay. You have to remember Jordan that it is Canada post and they aren't the most efficient people in the world ;)

On average whenever I do a transaction through ebay it takes about a week or so for my money order to get there and then at least a couple of weeks for it to come up from the states. Just give it some more time.

Tonya
11-12-2003, 07:15 AM
We use ebay all the time. We have had problems here and there. Use Ebay or an escrow account next time. It makes it a little more secure. There are alot of crooks out there.

ramanth
11-12-2003, 08:02 AM
:) Sounds like you and Amy are now on top of things. :) I'm sure it's just a delay at the border. I live only 5 hours from Toronto but packages back and forth from that city can take weeks!

Fox-Gal
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
It has to go through customs before it gets to you, that can take awhile. We have done a lot of shipping to Canada and it aways takes longer then expected. I've had a package make it across the country faster then to Canada. So give your item a little more time.

My Aunt had to wait 3 months once for customs to clear a package threw of her's. They told her the declared vaule of it was higher then was stated. So held it till the value got clear up.

Did you check the sellers rating on Ebay? If he got a high # chances are you should have no problems with buying from them. They had to work pretty hard to get a high rating so in most cases they a safe bet to buy from.

dukedogsmom
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't worry yet. It probably takes a lot longer for it to get to Canada. And I never erase ANY of my emails until the product is in hand. Did you check out their rating before you bought? I only got gyped once and that was for a cd that didn't play correctly. Unfortunately, I rated them before I tried to play it. Won't do that again.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I have over 100 transactions on Ebay and have lost money a couple of times. But I still go back;) Ask the person who bid for you to look up the seller's details in the "Items I've Won" list - the sellers email address is there. Send a friendly note, and ask if the item was shipped when they said it would be, and explain that you havent yet received it.

99.9% of sellers will go out of their way to help IF THEY KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM - as they don't want a Negative Feedback.

I have found the key to resolving problems on eBay is COMMUNICATION! Good Luck!

tomkatzid
11-12-2003, 12:36 PM
I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.
Guess you can buy just about anything on there:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p9e4ee5c55e2ae86b66c8da3bb97eec06/fa9398b0.jpg

2kitties
11-12-2003, 01:19 PM
If you always use Paypal, you can be safe. I'd steer clear of money orders.
But, in this case, check his feedback. If it is good, then you're probably safe and it's just taking a while to get to Canada. Never buy from any new sellers or sellers with negative feedback.

wolfsoul
11-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Do you have a tracking number? Do you know what date it was sent?
My mom has a little slip of paper that we got when we put in the money order, is that what you mean? :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-12-2003, 07:07 PM
That's so sad that they sell DOGS on ebay... how horrible!

Stenograsaurus
11-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Actually it is against the rules to sell live animals on e-bay. I had looked it up. The person selling this dog has a very poor rating on e-bay.

Twisterdog
11-12-2003, 09:13 PM
That's so sad that they sell DOGS on ebay... how horrible!

When ebay finds out, they will cancel that auction, and probably terminate that person's account. If you ever see anything questionable or illegal on ebay, just email them about it. They are very strict, and very good about taking things off like that.

I have been buying and selling hundreds of things on ebay for years. I've never had a problem. Feedback is very, very useful thing, don't forget to check it before bidding.

And, sometimes it takes a LONG time for things to get across the border, especially with heightened post-9/11 security. It could takes weeks and weeks. Just keep in touch with the seller.

tomkatzid
11-13-2003, 03:53 AM
Glad to hear they can't do pets. I had just typed in 'dog' to see what there was. Like little ceramic stuff and came across a real pup. Thanks for reporting it to them.

dukedogsmom
11-13-2003, 04:20 AM
They do monitor auctions. My account was hacked into. Someone was trying to sell plasma tvs under my i.d. Dummy me had the same password for Yahoo email so I lost that email address. Ebay caught this hacking within a couple of hours, froze my account and deleted the sale items. They did a great job!

Pam
11-13-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.
Guess you can buy just about anything on there:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p9e4ee5c55e2ae86b66c8da3bb97eec06/fa9398b0.jpg

:mad: :mad: Glad that is not allowed!

Stenograsaurus
11-13-2003, 11:13 AM
The dog is still on the auction. When I e-mailed e-bay, their response said it could take 36 hours to investigate. I have this listed under items I'm watching. I'm seeing how long until it is removed.

trayi52
11-17-2003, 11:36 AM
I have bought a lot of things on ebay, but I always look at their feedback before buying anything. I haven't got stung yet, knock on wood as one of you said. I always use paypal too, it is much faster. The ones that uses money orders makes it too difficult to deal with, I'm lazy and just want to get the transaction over with. lol.:D ;)