PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU addicted?

sirrahbed
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Since I discovered polls - thought I would try one more that I am interested in. How often do YOU check in at PT? Tell the TRUTH!:D OK, I started it so I'll admit to the first answer.:o :o :o

aly
11-11-2003, 01:33 PM
I check PT more often than I should :o

Sometimes I'll check it, close my browser, then open my browser right back up 2 seconds later to check again! I know, I know. I need help.

slick
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
All day and then some!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
well, there is no internet where I work, but I still manage to be here MANY!!! times a day.

tikeyas_mom
11-11-2003, 02:36 PM
now and then I check into the cat side onf the forum but I have to admit I am addicted to pt in general. ;)

Pam
11-11-2003, 02:41 PM
I selected "in the morning before my coffee" but I must admit I drink my morning coffee while reading Pet Talk. Yes, I am a hopeless addict. Once I leave the house I can't check in because we have no internet connection at work. That is probably a good thing. :p Of course I check back in when I get home though. :)

Barbara
11-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Up to now ten people said "first thing" (like me) and I wonder who the other 2 are:D :D :D

ramanth
11-11-2003, 02:49 PM
I probably need to cut down but I want to reply to EVERYONES thread! :D :o

catcrazylady
11-11-2003, 03:05 PM
It's the first thing I do when I get to work in the mornings!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif I can't post anything from work so I check throughout the day to see what is going on. I try to get on in the evening at home so I can respond to some. I'm on a lot on the weekends. There is just so much info and cute kitties here! How can you not get addicted???:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

BastetsMum
11-11-2003, 03:11 PM
I need serious help!

I teach Information Technology and people ask me what successful forums I have been on. Well Information Technology forums mostly degenerate into fights but Pet Talk is the most successful one I know. I think its to do with the common goal of what Pet Talk is about - not humans but our pets. We ALL love to talk about our pets.

So I am on here a few times a day showing my students all the gorgeous cats, dogs, mice, rats, lizards, fish etc ...

isis
11-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I clicked the wrong one. :mad: **slaps head** Every few days. I've been to busy with school and cheerleading.

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
I love to read the forum while having breakfast, and - as far as my times allows - I'm coming back several times a day. :)

Kirsten

RedHedd
11-11-2003, 03:50 PM
I come to PT right after viewing the COTD which I do every day first thing when I get into work .... I know, I know, I'm supposed to be working. I check back on the Cat boards several times a day; sometimes in the evening when I get home if I'm not doing anything and then weekends when I can. Yes, I need help! Is there a 12-step program for PT addiction? :p

Craftlady
11-11-2003, 04:24 PM
I check out the "Pet Of The Day" first then come to Pet Talk forums, while I'm having my coffee in the a.m. then it's throughout the day and evening. :)

stacwase
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by aly
I check PT more often than I should :o

Sometimes I'll check it, close my browser, then open my browser right back up 2 seconds later to check again! I know, I know. I need help.

Me too!! I'm a hopeless addict. I check, then minimize the screen and keep it up all day long while I'm home. I vacuum, check pet talk, shower, check pet talk, walk the dogs, check pet talk . . . . . Good thing we have cable internet or nobody would ever be able to call!

sirrahbed
11-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
I'm a hopeless addict. I check, then minimize the screen and keep it up all day long while I'm home. I vacuum, check pet talk, shower, check pet talk, walk the dogs, check pet talk . . . .

Gosh, I sure am glad *I* do not have this addiction!!:o ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I leave Pettalk on all day (and sometimes when I forget -- all night too. -- thank goodness for DSL!)

However, I don't drink coffee...

:D :rolleyes: :D

Kfamr
11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
When I wake up, when I get out of the shower, when t'm at school, when I get home -- then I'm normally here until I go to sleep.:D

the answer would be yes, i'm addicted. An addiction I'm proud of! :)

NoahsMommy
11-11-2003, 10:35 PM
With work, school and all the kitties, I can't get here anywhere near as much as I used to. :(

I try to at least come by once a day to at least read about everyone's fuzzies. :)

CatDad
11-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
It's the first thing I do when I get to work in the mornings!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif I can't post anything from work so I check throughout the day to see what is going on. I try to get on in the evening at home so I can respond to some. I'm on a lot on the weekends. There is just so much info and cute kitties here! How can you not get addicted???:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

This is me, it is the first think I do when I get to work, cat, dog, pet of the day, then onto the forums. I could post from work, but then I would never get anything done.:eek: So it is a personal rule that I can't post from work.:(

When I get home I get on and am on till I go to bed. I think I need serious help.:( I am not sure that I want it though.:D

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2003, 10:45 PM
I usually check out PT before I leave for work in the mornings but I do most of my reading and posting when I get home from work at night. :D I also check it out over the weekend too.
Just look at the number of posts that I have and I've only been a member for 1 year and almost 8 months. Yes,I'm very addicted and proud of it.:D

Tonya
11-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Well, I am glad that I am not the only obsessed one. I wonder why it's so obsessive!? I've joined many sites, only to get tired of them after a few months. This is the only one that I've been interested in for this long. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
Well, I am glad that I am not the only obsessed one. I wonder why it's so obsessive!? I've joined many sites, only to get tired of them after a few months. This is the only one that I've been interested in for this long. :D I think it's because there's a great bunch of animal lovers on this site.:)

catlover4ever
11-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Oh yes, I'm an addict:o :o The only time that I am not here is usually the weekends and at night. I don't know what I will do if work were to block this site. :confused:

tomkatzid
11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Me too!! I'm a hopeless addict. I check, then minimize the screen and keep it up all day long while I'm home. I vacuum, check pet talk, shower, check pet talk, walk the dogs, check pet talk . . . . . Good thing we have cable internet or nobody would ever be able to call! Me too !! I leave my e mail up loud so I can hear when i get one, knowing it must be a thread I'm subscribed to on Pet Talk. If I'm home all day I check it 100's of times.:eek:

Logan
11-12-2003, 03:40 PM
My name is Logan. I am an addict. I am "in and out" many times during the day, and sometimes even in the middle of the night, since I seem to have a bit of insomnia. :o

popcornbird
11-12-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm so addicted I feel sorry for myself. :o :o :o :o :o

catland
11-12-2003, 05:46 PM
M-M-M-MUST

C-C-CHECK

P-P-P-P-ET-TALK

sirrahbed
11-12-2003, 06:05 PM
My name is Logan. I am an addict.

My name is Sirrahbed. I am an addict....
Welcome to the 12 step Program for pet addicts (who do NOT want to be helped)

Amber
11-12-2003, 06:56 PM
yes!! Im glued to PT!!!!! Im on almost 24/7!! lol

Felicia's Mom
11-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Pet Talk is turned on when I get to work; but I wait to post until after returning home.

iloverat
11-12-2003, 10:55 PM
I just realized the other day that since I found PT, I don't get as much reading done. *G*A*S*P* That's because all of my spare time is spent HERE!!!!! S'okay. Eventually I'll find a balance.??? I get so much pleasure from seeing everyone's babies and hearing all the stories. Now, that certainly can't be a bad thing.

FYI --- I'm an unrepentant chocoholic and have no plans on giving up that pleasure, either!!!