PDA

View Full Version : Baby iguana?

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 01:04 PM
This was what was outside of my door when my parents came home.. What kind of lizard is it?

GoldenRetrLuver
11-11-2003, 01:09 PM
I don't think it's an iguana...hmmm...

Pretty little guy (girl?) nonetheless! ;)

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
I know isnt it! I want it! But of course its better free, and i know nothing about lizards.. I left a little peice of lettuce for it, it hasnt ate it yet.. I think its too full from the lizard it ate in its mouth.. See the tail? :p

aly
11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
I know isnt it! I want it! But of course its better free, and i know nothing about lizards.. I left a little peice of lettuce for it, it hasnt ate it yet.. I think its too full from the lizard it ate in its mouth.. See the tail? :p

:eek: :eek: :eek: Ewww, a cannibal!

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Hrmm, where the heck do you live? I have never seen wild lizards that look like that in the US. :eek: I am going to post this pic on a Lizard forum and see if they know what it is..........can I have permission to post it?

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 01:34 PM
:D :D Didnt you wonder what the brown thing was sticking out of its mouth? R.I.P Little lizard.. :D :D

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Hrmm, where the heck do you live? I have never seen wild lizards that look like that in the US. :eek: I am going to post this pic on a Lizard forum and see if they know what it is..........can I have permission to post it?

I live in Florida.. There are alot of lizards (iguanas) over here.. But i have never seen one like that here.. Sure go ahead, i would like to know what it is too.. :)

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Well to me it looks like some kind of Anole. I have owned Anoles in the past but they were much smaller. Can you guy's keep anoles and iguanas as pets there? :confused:

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Yep.. Im gonna do a search on Anoles and see what i can find..

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 01:49 PM
It kinda looks like a Knight anole but just a tad different. Still searching! :p

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Here is where you can see a Knight Anole.

http://www.southalley.com/lizards.html

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 02:02 PM
They said it Knight anoles are almost as big as squirrels! Mr.Lizard was smaller.. :confused:

luckies4me
11-14-2003, 10:48 PM
I was right, it IS a Knight Anole! I talked to a few people and gosh darnet I was right! :D

Also if you can catch it and keep it, that'd be the best if you are willing to learn about his specific care needs etc. They are supposedly really bad for the native lizards there. :( They said he was either imported on some plants or someone let him go because they weren't interested in him anymore. :( :mad:

Twisterdog
11-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Here is where you can see a Knight Anole.

http://www.southalley.com/lizards.html

I'm jealous ... all those cool lizards in Florida. We have like one species here. :rolleyes:

Made me laugh when it said green iguanas were 10" - 14", though. I used to have a green iguana that was almost six feet long. :D

CathyBogart
11-15-2003, 12:46 AM
*Laughs* Yep, when I saw it I thought it looked like an anole! They're fun, active, freindly critters. Enjoy Mr. Lizard!

Tonya
11-15-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm jealous too! All we pretty much have here are blue bellies. (All though I love their tummys!)

CamCamPup33
11-15-2003, 09:29 AM
I was right, it IS a Knight Anole! I talked to a few people and gosh darnet I was right! :D

Also if you can catch it and keep it, that'd be the best if you are willing to learn about his specific care needs etc. They are supposedly really bad for the native lizards there. :( They said he was either imported on some plants or someone let him go because they weren't interested in him anymore. :( :mad:

If mr.lizard was still there i would have.. :( Mr.Lizard ran away!! :(