PDA

View Full Version : Kitties sense your emotions?

sirrahbed
11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
After responding to a post from my daughter-in-love "Should I Be Worried" - Sirrahved, I got to thinking about this - do YOUR cats respond to your emotions? Such as: do they steer clear of an angry storm - or do your ever find a furrkid trying to comfort you when you are sad or in tears?

Logan
11-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Absolutely!! Not only the cats, but the dogs too. :) What great friends they all are!!! :)

cubby31682
11-11-2003, 11:48 AM
If hubby and I get into an arguement, Cubby gets so mad at hubby, but he will stay by my side the whole time. Cubby will not talk to hubby or let hubby pet him, he will throw hubby dirty looks for the rest of the night. When I get mad or when I am grumpy (which has been happening more and more lately) Cubby is right there trying to settle me down. He is such a good boy.

Katie

sirrahbed
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by cubby31682
Cubby will not talk to hubby or let hubby pet him, he will throw hubby dirty looks for the rest of the night.

WOW Katie! I don't get this much loyalty! <SULK>:rolleyes: :mad:

11-11-2003, 12:24 PM
My cats both feel perfectly when mommy needs a good head-bumpie!! They also were the perfect cat-nurses during my long recovery from that back-operation!!:) :) Cats are the best :) :)

amoore
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
My dogs and cats seems to sence when Im depressed ,they seem to decide to snuggle more and do funny things too . OH ,I agree, THEY are great friends!,:D

catlover4ever
11-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Oh yes, all of my furkids can sense when something is wrong, for example, last night I came home from work and hubbies car was not home yet (he gets out of work 2 hours before I do). i immediately thought the worse....well, wouldn't you know it that as I stood looking out the window waiting for him to hopefully come home, each and everyone of the kids stood right there with me. They kept meowing and rubbing my leg as if to provide comfort. It turns out that I forgot that he was going to go back to the gym before he came home from work...boy did I feel STUPID!!!

I have twice had wrist surgery and both times I was out of work for 3 weeks, my babies were by my side the entire time.

If hubby and I are having a disagreement, they hide.

ramanth
11-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Kia will usually get to me first, but if I'm feeling down, Zam is right there with her. :D

jenluckenbach
11-11-2003, 03:09 PM
My RB Y.Lee was the BEST at reading emotions. The other cats have varying degrees of empathy, but Y.Lee was a great comforter.

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Oh, I'm sure many cats do, but I never got that impression when I look at mine - except I'm doing VERY bad!

Kirsten

Prairie Purrs
11-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Kacey always comes running to comfort me when I'm crying.

I used to have a boyfriend who liked to tickle me. :rolleyes: One day he was tickling away, and I yelled, "Help me, Kacey!" Kacey came running, but the poor guy didn't know what to do! So he danced around looking really concerned. :D It's good to know that he's looking out for me.