PDA

View Full Version : Another Horrible Abuse Case in CA

Sudilar
10-16-2001, 03:37 PM
Unbelieveable!
crosspost, can anyone adopt this poor boy?
------------------ Warning....Abused
http://www.geocities.com/enjoypets/page48.html 2nd dog on the page
Dear Carolyn,
Would you please post our abused dog, Impound No. 4201M. This poor fellow was taken from his owner. I understand it was a relative who reported the abuse. The dog has open sores, mange, and had a large scar across his face. We couldn't even tell what breed he was because he was so terribly abused. He has no hair on his front paws and they are so swollen his front paws look like elephant legs. He is openly dripping blood. He was red-lined because they felt he was mean, but this dog has never felt any kindness in his life. He is now a big love.......and the shelter workers are hoping someone might adopt him once PAWS gets him patched up. He's on Baytril, had Advantage applied, medicated for tapeworm, and had a medicated bath yesterday. He also has a number of other medications that were just prescribed by the vet yesterday. His hair is starting to grow in and we believe he is a German Shepherd because he has a black saddle. He now comes forward when you offer him a bone. The PD has all the info to follow through on its end so they told us if we can find him a home that we could get him out at any time. If there is anyone who is willing to help, please ask them to contact me.Thanks so much.
Margaret [email protected]
PAWS/Upland Animal Shelter www.geocities.com/enjoypets (http://www.geocities.com/enjoypets)
We really need to get him out of the shelter because the same doom will await him as all the other dogs. He's really taken to Arlene because she feeds him and walks him. He rubs his head against her and she's already told him "darlin, I just have a one bedroom apartment, and I already have 2 rescued cats and a bunch of birds."

You wouldn't believe how much better he is doing. Even though he has a long way to go......he is so friendly now. I think he knows that he isn't going to be hurt anymore.
We are doing the best we can to treat him, and will continue to, but then we really need someone to foster him. I hope someone will step forward to do this. He's not needed as evidence any longer for the case......so the police captain told us he could be rescued out at any time.

WARNING!!!!!!! THESE PICTURES ARE HORRIBLY GRAPHIC!!!!! http://www.amrt.net/uplandpow2.jpg

THIS ONE IS EVEN WORSE! http://www.amrt.net/uplandpow3.jpg

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

nsweezie
10-16-2001, 04:12 PM
Oh, how truly terrible. How can people be so cruel. I have to admit that I could not look at the pictures, I'm just not brave enough. I still can picture Maddie from a few months back.
Unfortunatly I am unable to take this dog, but my thoughts are with him. Please keep us posted.

tatsxxx11
10-16-2001, 04:19 PM
Oh Sue, how terribly sad. I don't think I can look at the pictures right now. Thank God that someone with a conscience intervened on this poor creatures' behalf. Hopefully, he will heal, both in body as well as in mind and soul. I will pray that someone in your area of the country can open their heart to this very special, brave boy. Thank you for sharing the story. Even if I cannot bear to look at the photos, it is important for me, and everyone, to be CONSTANTLY reminded of the sad truth that many animals like this beautiful boy (does he have a name yet??) are out there and need our help.

Sudilar
10-16-2001, 04:26 PM
I pray that there is someone in California who can save this poor dog. Hopefully with some internet crossposting someone will be moved to save this pitiful life!!

horse_1987
10-16-2001, 04:27 PM
Poor guy :( that is so sad.He must be so scared. Things like this are so sad, how could someone do something like this? I'd love to adopt him, but unfortunatly i can't. I hope someone adopts him soon. Someone who will love him and spoil him for the rest of his life.

kobieeli
10-17-2001, 11:10 AM
How sickening. I hope the people responsible get to think about what they did for a good long time in prison.

I'll put the word out about him to some dog lovers I know here in California. Maybe someone can take that sweet boy... :(

Sudilar
10-17-2001, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Amber, maybe someone can help him or knows of someone who can......

Daisy's Mom
10-17-2001, 07:13 PM
That poor thing! I wish I could help him. I hope someone takes good care of him and gives him a lot of love.

kobieeli
10-19-2001, 10:54 PM
Well, I wish I had better news here. All of the folks I know of who might help this poor boy are really not able to take in any more dogs right now. I'll keep trying to put the word out, but the two best bets I'd thought of just can't help, unfortunately. But they did promise to spread the word--and fast. :(

ktreva52
10-20-2001, 08:52 AM
Is the "owner" actually going to jail?? There might be a modicum of justice in this world for animals like this after all!!!

From the shape of his head (as best I could tell) and his size, he looks almost like a cattle dog mix. Doesn't happen to have a white spot on his head does he? I hope someone can take him. Tennessee is a bit far to send him or I'd take him in. I wonder if there isn't a special place in Hell for people that allow this to happen to an animal? If not, there should be. I'll be praying for him -- for all of them.

Sudilar
10-20-2001, 10:23 AM
Someone mentioned that it looks like he might have some pit in him. His muzzle is broad. Whatever he is though, he should not have had this happen to him.

SimbaTWonderDog
10-20-2001, 11:49 AM
First thing i thought when i say the first picture was he may have some pit in him.....his muzzle in fairly large in which that is how i thought he had pit.when i saw the topic... i was like oh no dont tell me someone abused a pit then they attacked and then theygunna put it to sleep and the person who abused is gunna run free.....uhg... i got pretty brave and looked at the other pics.. trust me.. you do not want to look at them! The last line on the page that you listed first "He doesn't know how it feels to be loved" melted me.... no living creature should go on not knowing how it is to be loved... If anyone could in the Cali area... PLEASE help this animal!