PDA

View Full Version : Zeke has passed on to Rainbow Bridge

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone. When I was having dinner with my parents last night, I learned that one of their neighborhood cats had died due to kidney failure.:( My parents hadn't seen her for quite a while and then finally talked to the woman who owns Zeke and Coco. She told them the bad news.:(

They have also learned that Zeke's sister Coco has had thyroid cancer and has undergone chemotherapy for it and seems to be doing quite well. I've seen Coco and she's much thinner than usual but is still the friendly little girl that she usually is. I think that Zeke was only about 12 years old.

Some of you may remember the thread about "Neighborhood Cats" that I posted last August. If not here are a few pics of Zeke and Coco.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pff3ae572d36e2c1ddd97f721f5536c58/fa971900.jpg
This was Zeke last summer. She was a very friendly outgoing cat and was very fond of my dad.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p6f93a0c6714332469ce81d39f9acf104/fa9718fa.jpg
Here's Coco and Zeke. The two friendly cat greeters of the neighborhood.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pa1b048d78ee2741809b3ebb700608008/fa9718fc.jpg
Here's my dad petting both of them.

I know that my parents both miss seeing Zeke on their daily walks but I think that my dad is more affected than my mom even though he won't admit it. He would sometimes even bring along a brush so he could brush both cats. I also miss seeing Zeke. I hope that Coco isn't feeling too lonely.

RIP sweet Zeke. You've touched many hearts and will truly be missed.

jazzcat
11-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Such a beautiful cat. Rest in Peace little Zeke.

slick
11-11-2003, 12:01 AM
OMG that's so sad :( :( RIP little Zeke and please watch over Coco and everyone else who loves you. I'm sure by now you've met Sandy and Zachary and the 3 of you are chasing mousies all day long.

Hugs to you and your Mom and Dad.

Steffi N
11-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Rest in peace, Zeke. I know your friends in the neighborhood will miss you. Tracey, please have your mom and dad give Coco extra pets for me.
Both cats are beautiful.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2003, 12:14 AM
I am sure there is a special place at the Rainbow Bridge for such a wonderful kitty who has touched so many lives!

Have fun at the bridge sweetie, and keep an eye on Coco - she needs a guardian angel.

Killearn Kitties
11-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Aww what a shame. These are lovely pictures of both kitties. I hope your Dad still takes his brush for Coco!:)

kuhio98
11-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Good journey, Zeke. Until we meet again. Thank you for all the love and laughter you brought into this world while you were here.

ramanth
11-11-2003, 09:14 AM
RIP Zeke. :( I hope Cocoa gets better real soon!

catmandu
11-11-2003, 09:39 AM
The Cat Angels are all gathering for Zeke Day , where Zeke gets his favorite Food , and Toys! And gets to sleep in a clowd , and where there are Cat Lovers galore and piles of Cat Nip! And he will have Fun , Fun , Fun!

catmandu
11-11-2003, 09:41 AM
And of course , we are praying for Little Coco to recover and help her Meowmie get over that terrible loss! Get well Coco , the Found Cats are praying for you!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2003, 10:17 AM
That is so sad! RIP sweet Zeke, and hopefully Coco's therapy will continue to help her. She's such a beauty.

I can't believe your dad brought a brush along on his walks - talk about a softy! :D

Do they have a cat of their own? If not, maybe it's time to start thinking about one....

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Do they have a cat of their own? If not, maybe it's time to start thinking about one.... They used to but she passed away a few years ago.:( They say that they don't want any more animals now because they travel quite a bit during the year. I used to take care of their cat when they were away. I know that deep down inside they'd both love to have another cat.

Thanks for your condolences everyone.:)

Logan
11-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Neighborhood cats are so much fun! :) My neighbors all know our cats, who do a good bit of hunting and sunning in the houses on either side of us. And they provide lots of entertainment for them too! There are no other cats in our neighborhood, but everyone knows Butter :eek: (and they know just to admire him from afar) and Mimi too.

I can certainly understand how Zeke's death would affect your family so deeply. What a lovely picture of your dad with the two of them.

Rest in peace, dear Zeke. :(

11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
That pic of both cats is so heartwarming!! RIP at the RB, sweet Zeke!!:)

ChrisH
11-11-2003, 12:34 PM
That is so sad.:( Rest in peace dear Zeke.