PDA

View Full Version : Pug rescue

lovemypug
07-20-2000, 04:37 PM
My first pug, Mandy Girl was a rescue pug, not that she was ever abused, just needed a new home a 2 years old. My best friend bred pugs, Mandy was one of her puppies that came back when her first parents broke up, she left the country and he was forced to take a "no pets" apartment. I wasn't sold on the breed, but knew Mandy was a nice little dog who needed a home. I loved her right from day one, but my husband wanted "a real dog" and she had to win his affection. One day I overheard him telling a friend "Not that I like her, but she's the smartest dog we ever owned" I knew she'd won him over. I'd had her for 9 years and knew I never wanted to be without a pug, so adopted Pandemonium, 2 years ago to help with "Rainbow Bridge" time which always comes too fast. We said our final goodbyes last August, 10 years after I "rescued" her. She was a good girl, my Mandy Girl, I miss her.

Chrissy
07-27-2000, 07:47 AM
Hi! I love my pug too! I did rescue him as well. A divorce situation, so I knew exactly what the situtaion was no abuse etc.
The question I have for you being a Pug owner is this. Did any of your Pugs limp when they first get up from lying down? Mine is obese and we ar on a diet, but I notice he seems stiff when he first gets up. I will be bringing him to the Vet for this, but thought I would ask you as well.
Thanks so much.
Oh, he is just 2 years old.
Chris

karen israel
08-10-2000, 09:47 AM
Hi Chris-am late answering this but I often worry about my neighbor's pug- the most adorable, loveable little boy age 2 but he is so heavy that I wonder how his poor little legs can hold him up! And he such a runner. My big boy had 2 knee surgeries due to an injury but his weight at the time certainly didn't help one bit (25 lbs lighter). How's your pup doing?