PDA

View Full Version : Emma has to have a mini surgery tomorrow!!!

NoahsMommy
11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Emma's gonna be a pirate after tommorrow! :eek:

My vet and another vet at work will be consulting with Emma's opthomologist tommorrow first, but they are planning on sticthing her left eyelid closed. It'll be closed for a few weeks so no further iritation can occur and a severe corneal laceration can heal.

Last night before bed, I was petting her and noticed her left eye was totally red...blood red....the entire thing. I freaked out and ran to get warm saline to wash out her eye because I thought it was blood. We washed it out and gave her more eye goo.

I took her to work and Dr. Hanser explained to me what happened. She has a horrible corneal laceration, her eye is trying to heal itself, which is why her eye filled with blood last night....blood cells were trying to repair that laceration. She also has lesions in her conjucti in her third eyelid. These are caused when she blinks! The vets are trying to heal both by giving her eye a rest.

I'm really worried about this because I'm concerned about how they will suture those eyelids when half of the top one is missing. I worry about what it'll do to her eye...what if bacteria gets trapped in there and it gets worse for her? I want to minimize eye damage as much as possible.

I trust the vets. Something needs to be done until she is old enough for her surgery. She's been to the vet every week for her eyes....something new or worse each time. :( This poor little girl. :(

Please, please keep her in your thoughts and/or prayers tomorrow. I'm so worried. :(

jazzcat
11-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Prayers are on the way. Bless her poor little heart. I really pray this all works out for her with a little pain as possible. She's such a doll.

CatDad
11-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Good luck tomorrow, you and Emma will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep us updated when you can.

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that Emma now has to go through this too. :( Hopefully it'll really help out her eye. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. Please take care and keep us updated.

Steffi N
11-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Poor darling little Emma. I hope the surgery goes well and that Emma's eye will be able to heal and she will not be in pain. Gentle pets for you, little one.

slick
11-11-2003, 12:11 AM
Prayers on the way for little Emma and I'll be watching for some good news tomorrow.

Barbara
11-11-2003, 02:54 AM
Poor sweet little Emma. We send healing thoughts and keep our fingers and paws crossed:)

sqwelch
11-11-2003, 02:56 AM
Poor little Emma, hope everything goes well for her !!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Keeping precious little Emma in my thoughts and prayers, and waiting for good news.

Miss Meow
11-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Sending lots of positive thoughts to little Emma. She deserves some good luck, so hope all goes well.

catcrazylady
11-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Poor poor baby. Prayers are on the way from us for a pain free and quick to heal surgery! {{{HUGS}}} to you and to Emma.

ChrisH
11-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Poor little Emma. :( Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

jenluckenbach
11-11-2003, 05:47 AM
Best of luck to little Emma.

sirrahbed
11-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Well, it is Tuesday and I figure little Emma is having the surgery today? Please let us know how it goes, OK? Will she come home tonight? Blessing to you for taking such good care of these little fluffballs! :)

Craftlady
11-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Keeping good thoughts and paws crossed :)

catlover4ever
11-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Kelly, prayers, good thoughts and the paws and fingers are crossed for little Miss Emma. Keep us posted.

Killearn Kitties
11-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Poor baby Emma!:( I'll be thinking of her and I hope this does the trick and helps her eye.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh no, poor little Emma. I'm sure the vets wouldn't do anything that would put the eye in danger, but it's enough to make anybody worry, so take heart, Kelly. Hopefully all the PT prayers will come through again and she'll be just fine.

Thoughts and prayers going out to little sweetie Emma and to you. :)

Logan
11-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Kelly, I'm thinking that you were blessed in many ways by getting the position you did at the vet's office. Not only do you have first hand access to the vet, but also you are there so you can keep an eye on anyone you bring in. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Emma. I hope the surgery will go well and that she will heal beautifully. :)

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Time to call up a good thought and prayer.....

DONE!:)

stacwase
11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Poor little thing! I'll be thinking about her.

Lorraine
11-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Bless you little Emma, I hope you fell better soon sweet girl.

rg_girlca
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for precious little Emma.

NoahsMommy
11-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Emma did not have her "piratotomy" (hee hee) today....her opthomologist didn't feel it would work (not enough upper lid) and wants to see her ASAP. So, David is going to take her to her appointment on Thursday.

My vet feels she can still do it, but wants the opthomologist to see her first. So, we're just kind of waiting until Wednesday.

Poor baby girl had to starve until about 1:30 this afternoon. :( :( :( I hated that so much. Poor thing.

She's home now, playing with the other cats, happy as a clam.

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts. :)

catmandu
11-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Prayers for poor Little Emma are coming from all the Found Cats , Strays and Cat angels! Poor Little Emma , God , please help her!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: