PDA

View Full Version : UGH. Could today get any worse?!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-10-2003, 10:19 PM
This is a venting thread of my horrible day...

Okay, I went out to dinner with a few of my family members because my aunt came down from Oregon to visit with her husband and 3 kids. We stopped by at my grandmas house, and I brought Daisy because I thought they would like to see her. (they have a golden retriever also.) Everything went fine, until one of her kids stepped on Daisy's tail. She yelped. :( I realized it was an accident because kids will be kids, but he didn't even apoligize. He just laughed. :mad:
Then, when we went out to dinner, I had to sit with all the kids (9 of them) to make sure they behaved themselves. :rolleyes: Needless to say it was NOT fun. One of them spilled a chocolate shake all over my shirt. I was *SO* embaressed. So, for the rest of the night, I just sat there, not saying a word. One of my cousins, whom I haven't seen in years said "Geez, can't she talk?! She must be really shy." He didn't even know my name. :rolleyes: It was the same kid who stepped on Daisy's tail. YES, I can talk just maybe NOT to you.
To top it all off, I found out today that one of my favorite teachers has a type of blood disease, and was in the hospital. Some kids were even making fun of her about it. I wanted to knock their heads in.

Ugh...just more stress to add. I'm already worried about my grades, and this just adds more to the pile. I feel like crying...I can't take all of this.
Thanks for listening.

aly
11-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Well, the good thing is your day is over. Now you can relax and pet your sweet pups and they will make it all better.

Hopefully your teacher is getting the medical attention she needs and will be okay. It was horrible of those people to make fun of her. I don't even know what to say about that. Those kinds of people get whats coming to them in the end, so don't worry about that.

Study hard and I'm sure you'll do fine.

popcornbird
11-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry you had a tough day today. :( I know how it feels to the the *can she talk?* attitude. :rolleyes: Sometimes I'm just not in the blabbering mood, and I wish people would understand that.

About your teacher, hopefully she'll be alright. I can't believe some kids were making fun of her though! :mad: How evil is that?!?! :mad: Anyway, be glad the day is over, have a good night sleep, and hope that tomorrow will be better. :)

{{{hugs}}}

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
Sorry about your bad day. :( (((hugs)))

I hope your teacher is okay. I have a favourite teacher too, and if anything ever happened to her I'd be terrified.

Moose
11-10-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your bad day, Jules. :( I hope things will get brighter soon......but until then, keep hugging your pups. And remember, we're here for you! :)

wolf_Q
11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
YES, I can talk just maybe NOT to you.

Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like something I would be thinking! I don't know how many time's I've got the whole "Can you talk?" crap! :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
11-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Wow, that sounds EXACTLY like something I would be thinking! I don't know how many time's I've got the whole "Can you talk?" crap! :rolleyes:

Lol, same here. I'm naturally shy around people I'm not very close too. Then, when I finally say something everyone goes " WOW! She can talk?!" :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. :) I really hope my teacher gets better. It just really bothered me when people were making fun of her...that's sick.

popcornbird
11-11-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Lol, same here. I'm natuarally shy around people I'm not very close too. Then, when I finally say something everyone goes " WOW! She can talk?!" :rolleyes:

LOL! I get EXACTLY the same thing. I get the...*Can she talk?*....*You're so quiet*..........*Why don't you talk?*.......*You can talk :eek:?* all the time! :o

I'm naturally a shy person. If I'm not familar with a person, I'm quiet around them.....until I get used to them. That's just the way I am. With my close friends/my family.....I can talk for hours. With a new person, I'm sorry, but I just can't talk much. I can't think of anything to say to someone I don't know well. Maybe a hi, how are you, what's your name type of thing, but that's it.......and even that, I say so quietly. :o But for people who really know me well and are close to me, they think I'm the biggest blabbermouth on the planet. :o

binka_nugget
11-11-2003, 12:04 AM
:( Sorry you had such a crummy day. Hug the furkids...I guarentee you that you'll feel much better. :)

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 02:12 AM
I'm the total oppisite lol. I'm shy, but I make up for it by talking and talking and talking and laughing....Oh geeze, people probably think I'm a complete idiot! :rolleyes:

Rio and Me
11-11-2003, 05:57 AM
Ugh you must have a high tolerance level to stay with 9 kids for the evening!!!!
I hate kids and even one i couldnt "look after"!!!
i swear if one stood on Rio's tail and laughed i think id have a go at it and so on!!! (little s***s).
so you did well!!
Ky and Rio

Tonya
11-11-2003, 06:34 AM
I love kids...but I think I'd go psycho with 9 of them. lol. Sorry to hear about your bad day. I hope your teacher gets well and that your next day is better. (((((hugs)))))

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
:( I know how it feels to the the *can she talk?* attitude. Sometimes I'm just not in the blabbering mood, and I wish people would understand that.

I was BORN shy, so I get that all the time. I was tutoring for my first day and the guy I like was like, "You haven't said a word since you've been here." I was like, yeah whatever... lol

Sorry about your bad day. It makes me angry when people disrespect animals, and laughing about it on top of it? I would have told him to get a life... if no body was around. ;)

Moose
11-11-2003, 12:45 PM
I've been told I'm a little too talkative....lol, go figure. :rolleyes: :D

isis
11-11-2003, 02:04 PM
OMG!! Poor Daisy!! That kid laughed! I'm so sorry for your horrible day. Atleast it's over. And your teacher!! I don't know what I would do if something happend to my teacher, she's my mom!!:eek: :eek: Hope she feels better, soon!!:(

bluekat
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
I understand about the "can she talk" crap:rolleyes: I'm quiet in class, and people used to be so mean about it. They're always like "She can't even talk" and like "who agrees that she's a mute?":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and I'm thinking "what is wrong with you??!?!?" They obviously don't care about how I feel, they know that I could talk, and some of them I do talk to a lot, and they still say it. When they're around friends of course. They been like this every single year too! Its so annoying, and the worse part is that they have to say it in front of your face. once, we were at this party and these *adults* asked my parents "does she talk at home?" I was so mad, they should know better. :rolleyes: and yeah, people sometimes go "omg, you just talked!!!" So I know exactly how you feel. :(

Sorry to hear about your teacher. I hope she gets better soon:( Kids in my school always make fun of teachers too. I get so mad at them sometimes, even if they're not my favorite teachers. Kids in my class are SO immature.

HoRsELUvR
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Im sorry you had such a bad day.:( it really sucks when stuff like that happens.and poor Daisy!and that is so annoying when people spill stuff on u.i know from experience.let us know how ur teacher is doing.and i hope tomorrow isnt too crappy for you.