PDA

View Full Version : ANIMAL RESCUE

PAT2323
07-18-2000, 07:34 AM
We have a "aniaml rescue" where I work. One of my co-workers has a daughter who works for the local dog pound. When a dog has been there "too long" and he is scheduled to be put down, she calls and we start trying to find a home for the animal. We have just started doing this, so far we have saved about 6 dogs. One of my co-workers is very adamant about taking the animals until we can locate a home. She is how I got my golden retriever. She found her and she was pregnant. Once she had puppies, I took her and her name is Marlee. She is wonderful. She looked so bad when we got her we thought she was an older dog. Come to find out that she was only about a year old. We think she may be pure Golden, but we are not sure. I have seen so many different types of goldens, but she really looks great. I also have a black lab and golden mix. His name is Mick and he looks like a black lab. Are there any clues to check for on a golden to tell if she is pure golden, not that it matters, just curious.