PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings - the movie

Kirsten
11-10-2003, 05:10 PM
Anyone here looking forward to see the third part of the trilogy next month?

A part of me can't wait to see it, but another part of me is sad because then it will be over.

Is anyone else here a fan of the movies or the books?

http://www.lordoftherings.net/legend/downloads/rotkteaser/images/theatrical_poster.jpg

Kirsten

CatDad
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
I read the books, MANY, MANY, years ago. I really liked them too.

I am enjoying the movies also.:D I am not one to rush right out and fight the crowds, but I will go see it in the theater a couple of week after it realeases.

I think they have done a great job on them. I know that if you want to get nit picky that this may be wrong or they didn't do this quite in the same way the book did it. However, it's been a great series and it you just sit back and relax, there really great movies.:D

Kirsten
11-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Yes, I know, some people complain that this or that was different in the books, but I don't mind.

IMO Peter Jackson has done a very, very good job with his movies, and I love the entire atmosphere, especially in the first one! :)

Kirsten

Desert Arabian
11-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I am borderline obsessed (soon to pass the obsessed line) with the Lord of the Rings movies (and actors). Ha ha, you should see my room- walls completely covered with posters & dressers completely covered with books, figurines, trading cards, etc.

I am looking forward to The Return of the King indeed. I am going to cry like a baby! I am not looking forward to it in a way, because it will be all over. :( :( I am going to order my tickets the day they come out, just like last year. I plan on seeing the movie 10 times in the theater- that is my goal. I saw Two Towers 9 times in the theater lasy year, and Fellowship of the Rings 13 time sin the theater. :D :p Ah, I can't get enough of my LOTR.

In fact, I have The Two Towers paused in the other room, I need to go finish the rest of it. :D :p I paused it to pop on Pet Talk and see what's new. :D

I LOVE Lord of the Rings, Orlando Bloom, and Viggo Mortensen!! :D

I am in the middle of The Return of the King (book), and I am not going to read anymore, I want to see the movie THEN read the end of the book. Ha, ha, I am so weird! :p

RubyMutt
11-10-2003, 07:45 PM
I am a fan of the books, movies, and everything else Tolkien. I am counting down the days until ROTK gets into theaters! I will be at the very first midnight showing just like I was for the first two :D I bought the ROTK video game Saturday. I haven't gotten very far, but it's fun so far :)

RubyMutt
11-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I am going to cry like a baby!

Oh my goodness, me too. It's going to be a sad movie... :(

Desert Arabian
11-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
Oh my goodness, me too. It's going to be a sad movie... :(

You can say that again! When I was reading the beginning of the third book, I started crying just imagining it will be in the movie. (Won't say exactly what parts, in case there may be spoilers.) :o :eek: :( .

Ian McKellen suggested to everyone who thinks about seeing movie should bring their Kleenex boxes to the theater...I think I will. I am going to bring a pack of Kleenex with me. :D :o :p

slleipnir
11-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Geeeeeee, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PepperRSM
11-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Not to be nit-picky but it's not a trilogy...
JR originally had it as one book but it was too long as one book so he had to split it up into three books, but it still is one big story. Sorry if I sound naggy or anything, it's just that when people say it's a trilogy it bugs me because I know it's not! :o:p The books are my mom's favorite so I hear about them all the time. :p

RubyMutt
11-10-2003, 11:27 PM
But it IS a trilogy. A trilogy means ONE story broken into THREE parts.

Barbara
11-11-2003, 03:02 AM
The books are gorgeous. First time I read them was around 1975.

And the movies are gorgeous too. I am looking forward a lot:D :D :D

I'll wait until the DVD of the 2nd part is cheaper. We have a new TV set since September and we bought a DVD player with it. Which is GREAT!!!!!!

Rio and Me
11-11-2003, 05:50 AM
I love this film (the first two)
i cant wait to see the last one (tear)
ive never read the book (too big,lol)
but i will after ive seen the last one!
great film, great music, great effects. the whole thing is great!!
i never thought i would like it but i loved it!!!
Ky and Rio

PepperRSM
11-11-2003, 07:18 AM
Main Entry: trilˇoˇgy
Pronunciation: 'tri-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: Greek trilogia, from tri- + -logia -logy
Date: circa 1661
: a series of three dramas or literary works or sometimes three musical compositions that are closely related and develop a single theme

LOTR is all one story, a trilogy is three stories that are put together.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Don't hate me for it BUT......

I fell asleep in the first one....

fell asleep in the second one....

won't be bothering to see the third one

I just never really go into the story:confused:

11-11-2003, 07:28 AM
We all are great fans here! And, we cannot wait for the third movie :) !!

ramanth
11-11-2003, 10:11 AM
LOTR was a book I always wanted to read, but never had until this past summer. I love the book and the movies and I'm looking very forward to seeing TRotK. :D I KNOW I'll cry.... especially after reading the book. Some parts, I was so distraught, I actually had to put the book down just to get myself to calm down. :eek: :o

I'm also very psyched because I will be seeing it in Toronto while being a part of 'The Gathering of the Fellowship (http://www.tolkiengathering.com/).

I'll be seeing the extended versions of Fellowship and Two Towers before Return of the King. :D

I can't wait!

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Trilogy or not, it's a great book and IMO Tolkien is a genius to create such a detailed fantasy world! It's overwhelming and absolutely amazing!

And Peter Jackson is also a genius because he made it visible for everyone.

YellowLabLover, I'm also addicted. :D I have the map of Middle Earth on the wall in my living room, and the theatrical posters of the first two movies on my bedroom wal - of course No. 3 will be added as soon as it is availablel.

And yes, Orlando Bloom is cute - and I LOVE Viggo Mortensen! Geee, he plays Aragorn so well that I sometimes wish I would be in Middle Earth! LOL I would dedicate him a website if there weren't so many already!

Ally Cat's Mommy, when I saw "The Fellowship" for the first time (this was before I read the books), I didn't really get into the story as well, it was way too much and a bit confusing. Luckily a (former) friend convinced me to see it again - I was addicted from that moment on! :D

ramanth, I envy you for that gathering in Toronto! That sounds phantastic! Even the website looks great, I love that lovely picture of the Shire. :) Have a lot of fun, and please let me know how it was!

And yes, I HAVE ordered my copy of the extended TTT-version on DVD yesterday, even though I can't affort it, and even though I already have the "normal" version. Guess this is what proves that I'm an addict! :) And I can't wait for my copy to arrive next week!

Kirsten

Desert Arabian
11-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten

YellowLabLover, I'm also addicted. :D I have the map of Middle Earth on the wall in my living room, and the theatrical posters of the first two movies on my bedroom wal - of course No. 3 will be added as soon as it is availablel.

And yes, Orlando Bloom is cute - and I LOVE Viggo Mortensen! Geee, he plays Aragorn so well that I sometimes wish I would be in Middle Earth! LOL I would dedicate him a website if there weren't so many already!

And yes, I HAVE ordered my copy of the extended TTT-version on DVD yesterday, even though I can't affort it, and even though I already have the "normal" version. Guess this is what proves that I'm an addict! :) And I can't wait for my copy to arrive next week!

Kirsten

Oooooooooooh, I wish I had a map of Middle Earth!!! WHERE DID YOU GET IT!?!?! I want it! :p

I am ordering my extended TTT verison today, I hope. I have the original DVD too. :D

Kirsten, do you have any of the trading cards!?!

carole
11-11-2003, 03:40 PM
I feel bad as I have yet to see any of the movies, not very patriotic am I?

Peter Jackson our kiwi director, has done a job to be proud of so I am told, it was filmed only 15 mins away from where I live.

Orlando is also a kiwi, and a cute one at that, my daughter has put a huge pic of him on our fridge, well around the side of it, so every time I am in the kitchen preparing a meal, I feel his eyes are watching me! LOL, no problem, I Can handle that lol.

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 04:11 PM
YellowLabLover, I have scanned the map from the cover of the "FotR" extended version, then printed it out - in for parts and then put it together! :)

No, I don't have these trading cards, but I once made a pack of cards myself (designed them at the computer and then glued them on "real" cards). It was fun to play with them.

carole, I know, the movie was made in your beautiful countrie and Peter Jackson is from New Zealand. But as far as I know, Orlando is from the UK? :confused: Karl Urban (Eomer) is a kiwi, at least I think so. However, the actors and everyone involved stayed in Wellington for more than a year, and they all said they have had such a great time in NZ and are friends for life now.

However, I guess cooking would be much more fun with Orlando's eyes looking at me! :)

Kirsten

carole
11-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Kirsten you may well be right, I thought I had read in a magazine he was a kiwi, but I maybe mistaken, I know his fan club is in UK, so perhaps he is indeed a Brit, well whatever he is so darn cute right?

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Brit or Kiwi, it makes no difference because he's cute! :D

But my personal favorite is Viggo Mortensen. He's half Danish, half American. I admit he's not as cute as Orlando, but a very interesting person. He's an artist and takes great photos! He took a lot in NZ also and is going to have an exhibition in Wellington next month as far as I know. :)

Kirsten

carole
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I have just checked it out kirsten, Orlando is indeed a Brit, He is 24 yrs old born in canterbury kent, must have got the canterbury bit mixed up with our canterbury in the south island, sorry Brits for trying to pinch him, but who can blame me,. lol.:)

Desert Arabian
11-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Yep, Orlando Bloom is English. His birthday is coming up soon, I go to the theater to celebrate! :D It's Jan. 13th.

Miranda Otto (Eowyn) and David Wenham (Faramir) are kiwis, and John Noble (Denethor) lives in Australia. :D