PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a guy to notice you?

sweet_stormy
11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
This is not an animal thing.
I was just wondering what you guys think would make a guy notice you. I like this one guy (i already told him) and i dont know if he notices me. my friends say that he looks at my butt. but i dont know if he was. How do you get a guy to notice you? i really want him to notice me, i just dont know what to do. plz, i need your advice on this.

~Sweet_stormy~

Kater
11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
I would suggest talking to him and making an effort to get to know him better. I think you probably want him to like you for more than just your butt! :o

Soledad
11-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Be yourself. If that's not enough for him, he's a loser.

primabella
11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Well do you want a guy noticing you or your butt? Lol. :o

Soledad is right. I have liked plenty of guys but if I'd have to change myself to impress them then...screw it. :D Maybe if you talk with him more, see if you have things in common...if you have certain qualities that are appealinig (sense of humor ect) I would try to sort of show them off. But don't go out of character or anything...

*sigh* Me giving guy advice...go figure. ;)

2kitties
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Honestly, and I mean this, just be outgoing and friendly. A guy will "notice" you for a lot of things. But the trick is getting them to notice you for the reasons you want!;)
I think it is just important to be kind, friendly and fun. Don't try to be scared or play silly games. Just be yourself and have conversation and be interested in what he has to say. That will get you far.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
I say being outgoing is the best way to get a guy's attention.

Unfotunatly for me, I can only be outgoing when I have a friend around, or if I have been around him with my friend in the past. :o

momofcats
11-10-2003, 03:42 PM
I am going to be the party pooper here.
Last month you questioned about it being ok to date an older guy. Date...depends on the age, people, maturity....sex not ok.

I just want to make sure (being a mom of a 14 year old) that we are not talking about this again...don't want to give you advice on how to get this "older guys" attention.

2kitties
11-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by momofcats
Last month you questioned about it being ok to date an older guy. Date...depends on the age, people, maturity....sex not ok.

I just want to make sure (being a mom of a 14 year old) that we are not talking about this again...don't want to give you advice on how to get this "older guys" attention.

oooh, good catch MOC.

RICHARD
11-10-2003, 03:50 PM
you want guys to notice you??

two ways to do that.

dress like cristina, act like madonna and be a nitwit like
brittney....guys will notice you for about 5 minutes then go on
to the next 'girl'

stay in school, be successful, earn boatloads of money and
act like a lady, they get notice for a long time.

Five minutes or a long time, it's up to you.

primabella
11-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by momofcats

I didn't even know about that question...:o You have a point. I was assuming it was someone in her school.

2kitties
11-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
you want guys to notice you??

two ways to do that.

dress like cristina, act like madonna and be a nitwit like
brittney....guys will notice you for about 5 minutes then go on
to the next 'girl'

stay in school, be successful, earn boatloads of money and
act like a lady, they get notice for a long time.

Five minutes or a long time, it's up to you.

Richard you sure do know how to make the girls notice you! ;)(winks and flutters eyelashes while flashing loads of cash and bling bling)

RICHARD
11-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Richard you sure do know how to make the girls notice you! ;)(winks and flutters eyelashes while flashing loads of cash and bling bling)

lololololol,

I'm sorry......
I meant to say, Be financially independent....buy a yacht...
THEN fill it with money!!!
:)

2kitties
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Ah "sail away with me, to another world..."

popcornbird
11-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Why do you want guys to notice your.........:o :o :o

I don't want guys to notice me. They can stay away.........far far away. :D They're welcome to keep.....their.....distance. :p He he he

Ps. Do you think of anything other than guys? This is the 3rd thread you made on such a topic recently. :o

:D

G.P.girl
11-10-2003, 05:12 PM
if you change yourself to make him like you and you guys end up going out or whatever you can't stay changed forever. you'll just end up breaking up or something. i think. you should try getting to know him better, talkto him ands tuff

bluekat
11-10-2003, 05:12 PM
I noticed that you made other similar threads like this too:p All about guys.

Well, I don't know. I don't really give out good advice when it comes to guys. But I'd hate it if some guy would keep on looking at my butt.:o :p ;)
I'm like wolfsoul, I can never be outgoing with someone new. I'm only outgoing with someone I knew for a long time.

sweet_stormy
11-10-2003, 08:37 PM
just to clear things for you guys, if you havent already figured out, i am obsessed with guys. yea, its true. i like a guy in 9th grade (one year higher than me) and i want to get him to notice me.

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Oh geez. :rolleyes:

Think of school, not what "guy" is looking at your "butt" and what one isn't.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're not even 14 years old. You're not 18, 20, 30, 40. Don't worry about "guys", or little boys actually. Worry about yourself, protecting yourself, and your animals.

This is a PET site, not a "how to pick up 'guys'" site,
or
"Should I let this completely insane 'guy', have illegal sex with me, because I want to be nice and all..." site.

Please, just take care of yourself and don't worry about the little boys. That should come later in life. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where your parents are, or your "Adult figure" in your life is -- but I sure hope they're looking after you. :(

Soledad
11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
I was going to bring up a similar point. Sweet_Stormy, how is your life at home going? I understand a lot of 13 year old girls are interested in boys, and that's fine and probably healthy. But don't let it drive you to do things to please them. Talk to your parents/guardians about dating and what they think of the topic...

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 09:19 PM
I disagree that she shouldn't be thinking about boys. I'll bet that 99% of girls think about boys at that age. I know I did.

However, I didn't let it affect my schoolwork or other important things in my life, so just remember to keep to your commitments. Guys like a girl who is set in her life.

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes, I thought aobut "boys" at that age, and I still do.

But this is the child that had thoughts of meeting a MAN who wanted to "do it" with her.

She needs parental guidence of some sort, she really does.
It sickens me and saddens me.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes, I remember that. And I remember telling her that I believe she is only trying to call attention to herself. I'll give advice where I can, but I still think that this is all just to take us in. After all, why does every noticable thread seem to be about boys?

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 09:29 PM
It could just be an "Attention seeker" or something to get people started.. i hope it is, because if it isn't this little girl really needs help.

Well, either way they need help, but the stories she gives us are more dangerous then telling some sort of attention seeking fib on the internet.

micki76
11-10-2003, 10:40 PM
While I wouldn’t worry too much about getting a boy to notice you just yet, Richard has offered up some great advice. :D

Tonya
11-11-2003, 06:54 AM
my friends say that he looks at my butt.

You want him to notice your personality before your butt for one. :D Also, don't go out of your way to much to be noticed. You don't want to look (or be) desperate or annoying. Find out what he likes. Learn about it so that you can talk to him. Find out where he goes and casually show up. Most importantly; don't ever change for someone. Be yourself. If they don't like you for who you are, they aren't the one.

Tonya
11-11-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey, Richard. That is pretty darn good!

2kitties
11-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Okay. Let's all stop giving her a hard time. Assuming Stormy is talking about a boy at her school- which she says is true- and not an adult, then it is perfectly natural. Many girls her age are interested in boys. It's biological. Some girls get interested earlier, some later. God knows when I was 14, all I could think about was the boys at school and who was going to be at the dance on Friday.
This is a critical age in learning to deal with the opposite sex, in getting confidence and understanding how to define and set limits, in learning what you like and don't like in potential dates. I think it is a perfectly natural question that many if not most of us have asked during our adolescence.
Stormy, the first thing you need to know is that the boys don't know any more about girls than you know about boys. They're just as intimidated and nervous. Yes, he's probably looking at your butt, but probably because he doesn't know what else to do and how to talk to you. He hasn't learned yet what to say to a girl and how to make her like him for who he is inside. Girls mature faster, that's a fact. You can, if you play your cards right, have the upper hand in the situation. Initiate conversation and exude confidence. Confidence is the most attractive quality no matter what your age- 14 or 41.

Alot of girls think they can get boys by tossing around sex appeal. Well, here's the deal about that. We've all got sex appeal, it's built-in. So, there is nothing unique about tossing about sex. Find what makes you unique and toss it about.

sweet_stormy
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
2kitties, you basically know what im tryin to say. this guy that i want to notice me has been my friend for about 2 weeks. He's really nice and stuff, its just that when hes around his friends he doesnt seem to say hi to me or anything (i dont really mind b/c we talk on the internet a lot). One of his friends is a big jerk to me, the others dont make fun of me. i know you people are thinking, "why on earth would she be talking about her problems on Pet Talk? Pet Talk is called what we should be doing...... Talking about pets, not boys." I just thought that since I'm in the Dog House that it was OKAY to talk about other stuff. I may be wrong but I thought that the Dog House said something like talking about war, peace, and other stuff. I just assumed that my "problem" would go under that catagory. I'm sorry. I won't talk about my problems ever again. I just thought since I cant talk to my mom about this stuff, or even to my friends b/c they dont care about my problems, that I could talk to you guys and get advice. You guys all seem so nice that I quickly thought that you might have some good advice for me, I must have been wrong. All you guys do is say that Pet Talk is for talking about pets, not people problems. I just thought that it would be easier to talk to people on here than it is on http://www.the-n.com b/c the people on The N (noggin) only respond to things about sex and stuff. its quicker on here to submit a thread/post. it takes more than 3 days to submit one on the-n.com

~Sweet_stormy~

tikeyas_mom
11-11-2003, 12:22 PM
kayann at that age I bet you thoguht of guys ;) and not just school work ;). I know I did :p..

well just talke to the guy and get to know him, maybe you'll hit it off. or maybe you'll never speek and he'll end up some looser and you'll be some successful person that he turned down..

micki76
11-11-2003, 12:25 PM
To the people who’ve responded so negatively in this thread. May I ask why you choose to make one of our fellow Pet Talkers feel dirty about her natural feelings for boys? I think it’s extremely normal to be interested. If you think it’s dirty, then you yourself may want to delve into that a little more deeply. Interest in the opposite sex after someone enters puberty is quite normal; it’s nature. IMHO to be disgusted by it or to think it’s wrong or not normal is something you should really examine within yourself.

That having been said, I still think you shouldn’t worry so much about being noticed and concentrate on becoming a successful, confident young woman that young men will flock to when the time is right. :D

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 12:35 PM
you have to learn to like yourself before you can be liked by others....

By changing yourself so 'someone will notice you'
you cheat yourself out of BEING YOURSELF.

look at it this way...

when you find out a guy is being 'phony' so he
can get to know you, what do you do????

put yourself in his shoes.....

there is nothing worse then finding out that a person is fake.

Kfamr
11-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
kayann at that age I bet you thoguht of guys ;) and not just school work ;). I know I did :p..

I never said I didn't. I didn't make it the main point in my life though. :rolleyes:

And micki, i'm not sure if you're talking aobut me -- But I just posted my opinions/advice -- and that's what she wanted so, Eh -- That's what she got.

micki76
11-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I never said I didn't. I didn't make it the main point in my life though. :rolleyes:

And micki, i'm not sure if you're talking aobut me -- But I just posted my opinions/advice -- and that's what she wanted so, Eh -- That's what she got.

No KayAnn, you thought she was interested in an older man and that isa sick situation. I was referring basically to anyone who thinks that thinking of, and being interested in boys is wrong, sick, weird, disgusting or nasty. It’s natural and you yourself have been interested so you’re normal. Well… :p

Cataholic
11-11-2003, 02:46 PM
I was, am, and will continue to be 'boy crazy'. It is natural. I silently laugh at everyone that says, "why do you want a boy/man to notice you"...PUH LEASE.

I demand that every one of you go back to your teenage years...while I know memories fade.....surely you remember how you were then....

And, if you ARE a teenager, and are not thinking of boys....WOW....you are unlike nearly EVERY girl I have ever known. More power to you, if that is what makes you go, but, sheesh-louise, give this 'normal' girl a big fat break.

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
boys learn how to disrespect women
while they are still young

Yes you want people/men to notice you-
but too many young ladies are being 'taught' that they have no self worth unless someone 'notices'
them...

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be 'noticed' but for pete's sake why is that tied to your being a total person??

LOL,
I had a friend who would tell me that she wanted to break off a relationship but she didn't want to be by herself....well, she broke it off, dated two other guys in between and ended up with her old boyfriend....AFTER she she badmouthed him in the first place.

If a guy can't look you in the face to notice you
he's probably not dating material.

Twisterdog
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
To the people who’ve responded so negatively in this thread. May I ask why you choose to make one of our fellow Pet Talkers feel dirty about her natural feelings for boys? I think it’s extremely normal to be interested. If you think it’s dirty, then you yourself may want to delve into that a little more deeply. Interest in the opposite sex after someone enters puberty is quite normal; it’s nature. IMHO to be disgusted by it or to think it’s wrong or not normal is something you should really examine within yourself.

I agree. It's wonderful to give this young lady constructive advice, like Richard and some others are doing. But it is not right to criticise her or make her feel somehow bad, because she wants a boy to notice her. We ALL want others to notice us, whether it be for our cute butts, brilliant minds or kind hearts. Wanting to be noticed, appreciated and liked is human nature, especially during the teen years, when we all tried to find our selves.

Amber
11-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
[BI understand a lot of 13 year old girls are interested in boys, and that's fine and probably healthy.[/B]

Im 13 and Im not that interested in boys. I mean, there are some who are nice and funny to talk too. But I like my animals! lol. All I have to say is, I think it's a bit too young to be thinking about boys. and if you really really like him, just be your self!!

----------------------
Funny Kay!!:D

2kitties
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I was, am, and will continue to be 'boy crazy'. It is natural. I silently laugh at everyone that says, "why do you want a boy/man to notice you"...PUH LEASE.

I demand that every one of you go back to your teenage years...while I know memories fade.....surely you remember how you were then....

And, if you ARE a teenager, and are not thinking of boys....WOW....you are unlike nearly EVERY girl I have ever known. More power to you, if that is what makes you go, but, sheesh-louise, give this 'normal' girl a big fat break.

I JUST LOVE YOU CAT!

KYS
11-12-2003, 11:05 PM
posted by Cataholic:And, if you ARE a teenager, and are not thinking of boys....WOW....you are unlike nearly EVERY girl I have ever known. >>>>>

LOL! I must have been one of those late bloomers,
I did not start noticing boys that way, till I was 15.
(I did start wearing my jeans tighter and skirts a bit
shorter) lol

On a serious note, never do anything to be ashamed of.
You need to respect yourself, and never do anything that
makes you feel uncomfortable.
Hey! if they don't hang around just because you
don't put out, they were not worth it in the first place. Just my two sence! :rolleyes:

sweet_stormy
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
thanx for all of what u peeps have said. i mean it. ive been thinkin it over. im friends with this guy, i mean we talk on the internet and stuff, but we can never talk in school cause im in middle school and hes a high schooler. and i would never be able to talk to him in the halls when he is with his friends because his one friend (lets call him Will) always picks on me about what i look like. he says stuff like, "josh has a girlfriend already." "he already has a girlfriend" and "he doesnt like you." but i think that he is just sayin this stuff cause hes jeleous that girls like "Josh" more than him. i know that im over weight, that shouldnt be a problem b/c it should be whats on the inside that counts. right? right now me and "josh" are friends, but in some ways i wish we could be more than friends. in other ways im glad that we are at least friends. bein friends is better than not being anything at all.

2kitties
11-13-2003, 02:41 PM
don't sweat it Stormy. There are going to be at least 7,741 boys who you will like over the next 10 years. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of them for you to spend too much time on this one.;)

carole
11-13-2003, 07:12 PM
I think you have been offered some good advice by most people, the few negative comments that have been made, just don't take to heart, I think most people are just concerned about your well-being.

It is perfectly normal at your age to be interested in boys, heck I was at that age too, even though I am an oldie now, I can remember my teen years with a smile.

My daughter is 11 and she thinks certain boys are cute etc, but that is about as far as it goes for now, and I hope it stays that way for a couple of years, however at 13 I would expect her to start wanting boys to notice her.

Its a bit about self-esteem, feeling good and confident about yourself as a person, once you have that, I reckon all the boys you want will notice you.,its like this kinda aura you carry around with you.

Try to do well in your school work , and take your studies seriously, and keep those boy's a little at arms length for now, as there is plenty time for the more serious stuff.

Just remember your feelings are perfectly normal, and you should not be chatised for having them, here or anywhere.

Most of us are more than happy to share our opinion, give advice, especially if you find it difficult to speak to your mother, that is a little sad, I sure hope my girl will come to me , rather than PT, but knowing teenagers she probably won't.!!

For me PT is about sharing the love and bond with our pets, but its more than that, its sharing our lives, our feelings, our emotions, our worries, with a unique variety of people who care, and want to help.:) just MO:)

trayi52
11-16-2003, 03:56 PM
I totally agree with Richard here, if the guy is just checking your butt out, and other things below your face, then sweetie he is only interested in one thing. Right now at your age talking is great, but he should be looking you in the eyes, not just looking at your body, I know thats what they are going to look at, they should have enough respect for you to get to know you for who you are inside. Go to school, get more involved with your education, thats the payoff right there. Be Safe..:)