PDA

View Full Version : Have you sent/recieved your gift swap package yet?

Dogz
11-10-2003, 11:07 AM
I was just wondering if anyone still hasn't sent out their package or recieved it.
I have sent mine out, but I have not recieved one. When is the next gift swap going to be?

jenluckenbach
11-10-2003, 12:28 PM
I do know of a person who has not received one yet, but I am sworn to secrecy (this person doesn't want to make a big deal out of it). But I think it is awful if you do not fulfill your end of the "bargain)

I have sent and received.

micki76
11-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
But I think it is awful if you do not fulfill your end of the "bargain)

I agree. :( This is the very reason I have not participated. I'm afraid I would get mine sent out late and that's not fair to the others involved. But to not send it at all, that's extremely rude.

Dogz
11-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I agree. :( This is the very reason I have not participated. I'm afraid I would get mine sent out late and that's not fair to the others involved. But to not send it at all, that's extremely rude.
I agree also.:( I hope I recieve mine, and if I don't, maybe I can try next time.:) I won't be sad if I give someone a gift, I would just feel really bad if I didn't send mine.

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 01:23 PM
I have sent and I have recieved.

I'm so sorry you haven't recieved yours...
I'm not sure what the excuse/reason is now that you haven't.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I have sent and recieved.

For those who haven't gotten their's yet, that's just terrible! I mean, you spent money all a nice gift and don't even get anything in return. :(

slick
11-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Oh, Oh, have I missed something here??? Wasn't there a gift swap a few months ago?? Is that the one you are referring to??

CamCamPup33
11-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Im one of those people who havent sent theirs out yet.. :o I have everything bought, but my mom needs to take it to the post office.. But i have already talked to my swapper and she said she had understood, and although i feel so bad i havent sent it out, im not one of those people who 'dont hold their end of the bargain'..

wolf_Q
11-10-2003, 11:36 PM
I didn't participate in this swap, so I know what I say doesn't matter..

But honestly, please don't sign up for these things (gift swaps, christmas lists, etc.) if you're not absolutely, completely, 100% positive you CAN send the item and at a reasonable date. It's not fair to everyone else.

Cataholic
11-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
But honestly, please don't sign up for these things (gift swaps, christmas lists, etc.) if you're not absolutely, completely, 100% positive you CAN send the item and at a reasonable date. It's not fair to everyone else.

Very well said.

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 10:32 AM

If this was directed towards me..
When i started the gift swap i said their was no date to have them sent out, some people are busy and will get around to sending it out, but dont have the time.. im one of those people who dont have the time.. My parents both work all day long, So i can not get to the post office.. On weekends they go to see my grandma who is in a nursing home, So i really dont have time.. I will send mine out, again im not one of those people who dont hold their end of the bargain, So please dont assume everyone can get theirs sent out right away..

:o

11-11-2003, 12:35 PM
I have sent mine long time ago, but I haven't received one :( :( :(

wolf_Q
11-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Not trying to offend, but I have to say it. I have a job, I go to college, and I have many many things going on in my life also. If you can find time to post at Pet Talk, you can find time to go to the post office.

shais_mom
11-12-2003, 12:08 AM
I didn't participate in this swap, so I know what I say doesn't matter..

good point Amy.
Tho I didn't participate in the swaps, I feel this way over the Christmas list.

Dogz
11-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
If this was directed towards me..
When i started the gift swap i said their was no date to have them sent out, some people are busy and will get around to sending it out, but dont have the time.. im one of those people who dont have the time.. My parents both work all day long, So i can not get to the post office.. On weekends they go to see my grandma who is in a nursing home, So i really dont have time.. I will send mine out, again im not one of those people who dont hold their end of the bargain, So please dont assume everyone can get theirs sent out right away..

:o

Amber- this wasn't directed towards you! I was just wondering if everyone had gotten their gift.:)

shais_mom- what do you mean by this is way over the christmas list?
:o :o :o

wolf_Q
11-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dogz

shais_mom- what do you mean by this is way over the christmas list?
:o :o :o

She's talking about previous years. I don't know if you participated last year but some people did not receive nearly as many cards as they sent out.

petlover
12-02-2003, 12:31 PM
I haven't heard about a gift swap. What is it about? Also, what is the Christmas list?:)

Sorry, I am just a little new with these things.:o

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-02-2003, 12:38 PM
That's so sad. It sort of shatters trust doesn't it? If I had known people were "shortchanged" with their gift swops I would have made more effort to send out something special in their Christmad cards, but I only read this now :(

I didn't join the gift shep for 2 reasons:
1. Postage to and from Bahrain is terribly expensive
2. The pet shops here are rubbish, so to get a nice gift I'd have to buy stuff off the internet, shio it in, then ship it back out again!

I agree with everyone else that you really shouldn't sign up if your can't follow through and deliver!

And it there is anyone on the Christmas cards list who will be sending out out fewer cards than they receive - please don't participate next year!!

Prairie Purrs
12-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I didn't join the gift shep for 2 reasons:
1. Postage to and from Bahrain is terribly expensive
2. The pet shops here are rubbish, so to get a nice gift I'd have to buy stuff off the internet, shio it in, then ship it back out again!

Just as an FYI, I think most Internet vendors will let you ship directly to a gift recipient. I do this when buying presents off the 'net for my family in Illinois, rather than paying to have something shipped to me and then paying again to ship it to them. You don't get to wrap the gifts that way, but it sure is a lot less expensive!

popcornbird
12-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
Just as an FYI, I think most Internet vendors will let you ship directly to a gift recipient. I do this when buying presents off the 'net for my family in Illinois, rather than paying to have something shipped to me and then paying again to ship it to them. You don't get to wrap the gifts that way, but it sure is a lot less expensive!

That's true. My dad wanted to buy my cousin in Canada a bike as a gift several years back, so he ordered it online and had it shipped to their house instead of our's. Was much easier than buying a nice bike here and then mailing it to Canada. :o That would've been soooo much more expensive!

I still can't believe some people made the promise to participate in the gift swap but got their gifts and didn't do their part. That makes me so mad! :mad: Truely shows what type of people they must be. :(

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Out of curosity, who organized the last swap list?

CamCamPup33
12-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Out of curosity, who organized the last swap list?

Kay and I

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Cam started it, I paired people up and sent the information out.

tikeyas_mom
12-02-2003, 08:53 PM
i sent mine out and recieved mne as well :).

Wolfchan send wonderful gifts to me and I sent out gifts too rottieluver45

tikeyas_mom
12-02-2003, 08:58 PM
that is terrible how some pters didnt get gifts, when they sent out gifts!!!! :eek:

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
that is terrible how some pters didnt get gifts, when they sent out gifts!!!! :eek:

Some people do plan on sending them out..

dukedogsmom
12-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I think it's a little bit late to be mailing them out now. They should have been mailed long ago.

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I think it's a little bit late to be mailing them out now. They should have been mailed long ago.

Alot of people have had some problems with sending them out, i think they can and should still send them out..

Imo

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 02:36 PM
'Alot of people' haven't had troubles sending them out, Just a few.

Yes, It should have been sent months ago, but there's nothing any of use (besides those who didn't sent yet) could have done about it.

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Ok....... Let me rephrase then..

A few of the people have had trouble sending them out..

To all the people getting mad:
I dont know why everyone is getting mad about the people not sending them out, believe me, if you knew why half of them havent been sent you would be suprised at their story.. Most of the people have talked to their swapper, the ones who havent sent them out, and explained their reasonings and most of them have understood, or from what i was told..

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 03:25 PM
If you don't understand why people are upset about it, then you really must be blonde Amber. :p

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
If you don't understand why people are upset about it, then you really must be blonde Amber. :p

Guess so.. :p

Dogz
12-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Brandi was talking to me on AIM, and she asked what my pets were, and I told her, but she said that she needed to pick up another toy for the puppers, because she thought I only had 3 dogs.

She also said that her mom was going to ship it out today...

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 04:23 PM
She asked me if you had a cat and I said yes...

She sent me this message yesterday, I edited for Pet Talk. :p

bklstaind: Ok good i bought some cat toys today and some more <<<<, my mom is bringing a box home from petsmart today, where she works, tomorrow is our 'running around' day, will be sent out tomorrow, honestly this time, not that i expect you to believe me. but i've got stuff for her dogs, cat and bird. so please inform her? i mean if u want proof i can scan it all :-) :-X

Dogz
12-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
She asked me if you had a cat and I said yes...

She sent me this message yesterday, I edited for Pet Talk. :p

bklstaind: Ok good i bought some cat toys today and some more <<<<, my mom is bringing a box home from petsmart today, where she works, tomorrow is our 'running around' day, will be sent out tomorrow, honestly this time, not that i expect you to believe me. but i've got stuff for her dogs, cat and bird. so please inform her? i mean if u want proof i can scan it all :-) :-X

*crosses fingers*

popcornbird
12-04-2003, 05:40 PM

To all the people getting mad:
I dont know why everyone is getting mad about the people not sending them out,

So you are a REAL blonde! :p :D

Really, if I signed up and didn't get my gift until MONTHS after, or not at all, I would be pretty ticked off too!

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
So you are a REAL blonde! :p :D

Really, if I signed up and didn't get my gift until MONTHS after, or not at all, I would be pretty ticked off too!

So would i, if the person didnt have a good explanation..

wolf_Q
12-04-2003, 05:59 PM

So what exactly was this "good explanation" other than you "didn't have time" or your "mom wouldn't take you to the post office?"

Because I don't find those good explanations. :rolleyes:

micki76
12-04-2003, 06:05 PM
So what exactly was this "good explanation" other than you "didn't have time" or your "mom wouldn't take you to the post office?"

Yeah, considering that this was months ago.

popcornbird
12-04-2003, 06:09 PM

No my dear. I think if you make a commitment, you really should be certain you can do it on time, before you sign up. Otherwise, it isn't fair, and you're not taking your responsibility. Either way, I'm glad you worked it out, and that you'll be sending it soon BAM BAM PUP! :D :p

wolf_Q
12-04-2003, 06:21 PM
No my dear. I think if you make a commitment, you really should be certain you can do it on time, before you sign up. Otherwise, it isn't fair, and you're not taking your responsibility.

I completely agree. There's not much that you could say that I would accept as a good explanation over this amount of time. I guess it's just lucky for you that your person was understanding about it.

Cincy'sMom
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
No my dear. I think if you make a commitment, you really should be certain you can do it on time, before you sign up.

Not just to sign up for, but actually to help co-ordinate it!! I know you are going to send your out, but esp. as an originator of this, I think you should have sent it out on time.

Moose
12-04-2003, 06:31 PM
-->Pats Amber on the back<-- Ay....it's okay. :D :D lol

Dogz
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Don't gang up on Amber you guys.:( I know she isn't the type of person to not send out her gift, I trust her to send it out. And since she worked it out with her person, everything is okay. I know that I am *kinda* ticked off that my gift is late, but like I said before, I am not going to mope about it.

wolf_Q
12-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Don't gang up on Amber you guys.:( I know she isn't the type of person to not send out her gift, I trust her to send it out. And since she worked it out with her person, everything is okay. I know that I am *kinda* ticked off that my gift is late, but like I said before, I am not going to mope about it.

Ok, sorry, I'll stop...since she IS going to send it out everything is ok.

I just hope we don't have to resort to threads like this again in future gift swaps.

Dogz
12-04-2003, 06:53 PM
I just hope we don't have to resort to threads like this again in future gift swaps.

Me too!:D 'Cause then they will be even MORE fun!

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

Not just to sign up for, but actually to help co-ordinate it!! I know you are going to send your out, but esp. as an originator of this, I think you should have sent it out on time. [/B]

Sorry Amber, that's what got me too. the fact that this time it was your idea for the gift swap but haven't followed through yet. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
12-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah guys, don't gang up on Amber. She feels bad enough about it as it is, but she IS sending it out. Like Emma said, she's not the type of person who would "cheat people out" by not sending a gift. Things can come up, and we all learn from our mistakes.

CamCamPup33
12-05-2003, 07:19 AM

Hm.. Would you really like to know? Should i pm you? You guys are making me feel horrible, really horrible! IF you only knew why i havent sent it out, if you only knew..

Thanks julie and emma..

Dogz
12-05-2003, 07:21 AM
*hugs* Amber.:)

cali
12-05-2003, 12:21 PM
I dont no how its organized here but on another board I go to I do participate in gift swaps, sometimes anyway, and everyone has always followed through. the board is about the same size as this one, now what they do is when you sign up with dont just give your addy and name, you also list all your pets, any allergies, a list of what they can have, and what they cant, and what they would like. they have a spending limit of gennerally 20-25 dollers, so that people receive things of equal cost. they also get to choose wheather they want to keep the package in the country or ship out, or if you dont care. and they have a deadline for shipping out, if you do not get your package by a certain time and it has not been cleared by your giftgiver, then you tell the organizer, who will know who your person is, and will light a fire uner their butt lol it works without any problems there, everyone gets there package etc.. :D

slleipnir
12-05-2003, 12:31 PM
I agree that these should be sent out on time, but things DO come up unexpectedly and I think we should give Amber a break as we really don't know her side of it. Its only far, as long as it gets sent is what really matters. If it were my gift, I'd be ok if it was late..But thats just me..

CamCamPup33
12-05-2003, 04:11 PM
No my dear. I think if you make a commitment, you really should be certain you can do it on time, before you sign up. Otherwise, it isn't fair, and you're not taking your responsibility. Either way, I'm glad you worked it out, and that you'll be sending it soon BAM BAM PUP! :D :p

Well ok then! :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
12-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Hm.. Would you really like to know? Should i pm you? You guys are making me feel horrible, really horrible! IF you only knew why i havent sent it out, if you only knew..

Thanks julie and emma..

We only know what you have said. All we have heard is that "you didn't have time" and that your mom "wouldn't take you to the PO". That's excuses, not reasons.

I know that when I participated in the gift swap, I worked really hard on it. I would have been devastated if the other person "didn't have time" or "couldn't go to the PO". Why would you make a promise that you can't keep???? Why would you commit to something that you didn't follow through??

When it's your birthday, do your parents say "OH sorry I didn't have time to get you a gift?" How would you feel??

I'm sorry but what I have heard in this thread really ticks me off. :mad:

CamCamPup33
12-05-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
We only know what you have said. All we have heard is that "you didn't have time" and that your mom "wouldn't take you to the PO". That's excuses, not reasons.

I know that when I participated in the gift swap, I worked really hard on it. I would have been devastated if the other person "didn't have time" or "couldn't go to the PO". Why would you make a promise that you can't keep???? Why would you commit to something that you didn't follow through??

When it's your birthday, do your parents say "OH sorry I didn't have time to get you a gift?" How would you feel??

I'm sorry but what I have heard in this thread really ticks me off. :mad:

Thats the only part you guys heard, Please if you dont know all the facts, please dont assume thats exactly what the problem is.

Kfamr
12-05-2003, 04:30 PM
How exactly are we supposed to know what the problem is, if you don't tell us? They can only make assumptions by what you've said and told us, and if all of the facts are not given then how do you expect the right assumption?

Amber, I know you've had problems and all, but like I said, it's the fact that it was YOUR idea that gets me. You're the one who started it. As long as you're going to send it soon, that's all that matters.

slleipnir
12-05-2003, 04:33 PM
There is no reason Amber needs to tell anything. Its her business if she wants to tell or not, not ours. Ambers gift swap person understands, why are you all ganging up on her?

Kfamr
12-05-2003, 04:34 PM
I don't see any 'ganging up' going on... :confused:

Cheshirekatt
12-05-2003, 04:49 PM
It seems like if you signed up and haven't sent your gift out the least you could do is forward the one you got to the person you were supposed to buy for.

JMHO

slleipnir
12-05-2003, 04:52 PM
She did message the person, the person said they understood. I don't see what the problem is..???

Moose
12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Okay guys, just stop. I'm sure Amber has heard enough, as have I. People do have things that come up....and while yes, she was one of the coordinators and should have been on top of things, she is not the only one that hasn't sent out their package yet!! I don't see the fairness in taking everything out on her. She said she has a good reason, why not just believe her? Jeez....lay off it. "Yelling" at her isn't going to make the package mail any quicker.

Also, I don't see why you all need to hear her reason for not sending it out yet.....the package isn't going to you, and so it's none of your business. Just back off and let what is be what it is.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-05-2003, 06:26 PM
SHE IS SENDING IT OUT. Why is everyone ganging up on her, when she isn't the only person who hasn't sent their's out? It's her buisness why she hasn't sent it out yet, but all that matters is that it's going out soon. Geez people, just lay off.

popcornbird
12-06-2003, 12:11 AM
She told me why she couldn't send it on time. It truely IS a valid reason, and I feel terrible after learning why. She IS going to send it out though. Its not like she's not.

Sometimes there are things that bother you so much, and you can't say them in public. Camcampup, I know I apologized to you in PM's, but I would like to do that in public too. Had I known why you couldn't send them out earlier, I would NEVER have questioned you about them. I'm so sorry. :(

Please don't leave over this Bambi. I know you are hurt, and I'm truely sorry, but please don't leave us as you said you are. You know we love you.

{{{hugs}}}

:(

I think she deserves an apology from all of us. As for why she didn't send it, I'm not sure if its something she would want to tell everyone, so I will not say why, but its truely a very valid reason, and a very acceptable reason to have delayed the package.

Now Bambi and GRL, please don't leave over this.....both of you. Please. :(

Moose
12-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Thank you Poppy!! :):D

And yes....please don't leave Amby. :( Jules, you are considering leaving as well? If so....please, please don't. Everyone here loves having you guys around. :) Feel free to PM or IM me if you need to talk. :) :)

wolf_Q
12-06-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry for what I've said. I guess sometimes I can be too quick to judge. I don't know what your explanation is but that's ok. Sorry if what I said has hurt you, please don't leave over this. We couldn't survive without Cami pictures! :D