PDA

View Full Version : Does that Flushable Litter really work?

Powerlounger
11-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi,
I have what might be a stupid question. For Thanksgiving, I'm taking my babies (4) to Nana & Nunno's & wanted to make the cleaning-up process easy on everyone. So as not to offend anyone, I wanted to try the flushable litter, but Nana is of the opinion that it won't work. I would work with the other kind of litter, but Nana also doesn't want the litter in her garbage, she wants it taken out, far far away. Like to the nearest dumpster I could find. Since that is going to be a major pain, I want to try the flushable when I get there. Does anyone use it? Does it work??

sirrahbed
11-10-2003, 11:24 AM
I have never tried it - but would not trust anything called "flushable" on plumbing pipes and there is always the chance the babies would not like the change in litter along with change in environment. Do you use scooping clumping? If so, how about bringing along some gallon or quart size ziploc bags and sealing them up? Would this work maybe??

ramanth
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Are you talking about Feline Pine?

I use it and I flush it and I love it. :) My cats like it and I find it's easy to use.

BTW.. I don't flush the entire box when all the pellets have become sawdust. I pour it into a garbage bag. That's the only time I make a trip to the dumpster is when I'm ready to put fresh litter in the box.

Powerlounger
11-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Well, I use the Arm & Hammer clumping litter, & I notice they also have a flushable Arm & Hammer. I wanted to try that. Previous to this, I had plastic bags that I would put in a sealed container, but she (nana) is none too pleased with that method either. She wants it out out out, now now now. So, I'm constantlyhaving to run out of the house & with four cats, it seems like that's all I'm doing. I would like to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner without having to run out during it. For what they charge (Arm & Hammer), you would think it would work.