PDA

View Full Version : My daddy's kitty cat. Such a beautiful kitten! Possibly snowshoe mix?

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 11:14 PM
My dad sent me a pic tonight of the stray kitten he is going to keep. Whenever I get down there I am going to take her to the vet and have her spayed/vaccinated for him. :) She looks like a snowshoe mix, doesn't she? Possibly himi mix? She is absolutely beautiful!

For months my dad has been taking care of the feral and stray cats in the mobile home park where he lives, but this one has really made herself at home and my dad has her very social and plans on keeping her. Her name is Snowball. I am attaching a pic of her.

Yes that is 7up in the background. Since my father no longer drinks alcohol he drinks 7up. See our old Lincoln in the back? :D

tomkatzid
11-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Oh my gosh, she is beautiful. So glad your Dad is keeping her. She really is just so so cute:D

CatDad
11-09-2003, 11:40 PM
That is a really pretty cat.!!!

Your dad has great taste in kitties.:D

Give her a scratch for me when you see her.

aly
11-09-2003, 11:42 PM
She's gorgeous, but I don't think she's a snowshoe. I've never seen such a beautiful kitty wandering the street.

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Thanks! :D He actually has about 40 or so cats he takes care of, but sadly since he can barely support himself because of his health problems few are spayed and just keep reproducing. One day they just showed up and then it was a big boom. He does the best he can for them, feeds them and gives them water and occasionally lets them in to his trailor. He is allergic to fleas so they don't stay in long. She will also be treated with Frontline when I go down there, and he hopes to make her an inside kitty. It's sad as he knows he can't save them all. :(

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by aly
She's gorgeous, but I don't think she's a snowshoe. I've never seen such a beautiful kitty wandering the street.

She was born there to one of the feral females. She does look like she has snowshoe ancestry in her. The dark points don't come from nowhere. ;) There are several beautiful stray that look like that born in the park.

shais_mom
11-10-2003, 12:13 AM
She is gorgeous!!!!
Good for your dad (on all accounts) :)

aly
11-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
She was born there to one of the feral females. She does look like she has snowshoe ancestry in her. The dark points don't come from nowhere. ;) There are several beautiful stray that look like that born in the park.

Yes, I know the dark points didn't come from nowhere, but snowshoes aren't the only breed with dark points. I was just giving my opinion is all. I could be wrong. Its happened before.

The cat just doesn't resemble a snowshoe at all to me.

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 12:27 AM
Actually it's not a snowshoe I am thinking about, it's something similar. Darnet, I can't remember the name........but I will find out.
Also I know they are not the only cats with points.

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 12:34 AM
Ragdoll is actually what I mean. I always get those two confused. :o

Tonya
11-10-2003, 07:16 AM
Whatever she is, she is beautiful! What a catch!

moosmom
11-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Luckies4me,

I think she looks more like a Chocolate Point Himilayan/Siamese mix. She IS beautiful!! I do hope she gets spayed soon. It only takes once for a cat to get pregnant.

Hope all is well with your dad.

Tonya
11-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah, my brother has a Chocolate Point Himilayan that resembles her. I don't know a whole lot about cat breeds though. I've always had "mutts". :)

Steffi N
11-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Snowshoe is just purrecious. Is there a local rescue organization or shelter that could help your dad out with the cats? I know he is doing as much as he can and he deserves a lot of thanks. I am sorry he is not well, but I know this beautiful new kitty will make him feel better.

ramanth
11-10-2003, 11:43 AM
She's gorgeous!! :D (But then, I'm a sucker for blue eyes... ;) )

catmandu
11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Wow! What a stunning Cat!

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Luckies4me,

I think she looks more like a Chocolate Point Himilayan/Siamese mix. She IS beautiful!! I do hope she gets spayed soon. It only takes once for a cat to get pregnant.

Hope all is well with your dad.

Yes, that's what else we think she may be. :) I know about the spaying. She is only 8 weeks right now so she's not yet ready. It just sucks because he really wants this cat and I know he will be so heartbreaken if he can't get her spayed so I am trying to save up oney to get everything done for her. I am sending some Frontline to him in the mail so he can try to keep her indoors.

I really wish he could get more help for them. A few kittens have already been born with problems such as blindness and one had a leg deformity. My dad took care of him but I think he eventually passed away. It's just a sad thing. Seems like everyone just keeps dumping off their cats in the park. :mad: :(

I really want to do all that I can for these kittens. He has contact a rescue center before and they took a bunch of the cats and had them spayed, neutered and vaccinated and found homes for most of them. Does anyone know of any good rescue centers for strays or ferals in California? My dad lives in Lake Elsinore. :)

I just do not want her to end up pregnant. She doesn't deserve that, none of them do.

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Steffi N
Snowshoe is just purrecious. Is there a local rescue organization or shelter that could help your dad out with the cats? I know he is doing as much as he can and he deserves a lot of thanks. I am sorry he is not well, but I know this beautiful new kitty will make him feel better.

I am trying to find a center now that can help him. At least for spaying/neutering. This cat means a lot to him because after he lost his wife a few months ago he also lost our cat Tiny, a black and white Tux that we had FOREVER! :( Now my grandfather has colon cancer (possibly, still running tests) so this cat is pretty much my dad's only close friend, sad to say. She has changed him a lot. He seems much happier with her there and all the cats to keep him company. :)

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Here's a pic of our Rainbow Bridge cat Tiny. We have had this cat as long as I can remember.

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Dad sent me some more pics of her. Look at her eyes! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pe9fd995f49774cfe41f9efd38ad946e8/fa97791f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pb37ea56fd29adbcf1e56b275d6f6b744/fa97791d.jpg

And correction, she is 13 weeks so I need to find a way for her to get fixed soon!

Steffi N
11-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Luckies4me, I am sorry to hear about your dad. We all send prayers, and positive thoughts. Thank you for sharing the picture of beautiful Tiny.
Snowshoe I wish I could take you on my lap and give you pets and cuddles. :)

luckies4me
11-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to see her in person and get some really good pics of her with my camera. She's such a cutie. :D