PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Updates

DogLover9501
11-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Well we had Jasper one week today, well yesterday(its 1am) and he is doing alot better with his biting and aggression. He barely bites at all, only when he is playing.
All I did was kept saying a stern "Ahh-Ah" everytime he bit, and if he still didnt stop, I would put him down or stop playing with him, or put him in the crate. And right now he will usually stop as soon as he hears "Ahh-Ah"! So hes gotten alot better just within 1 week, so another week, he should be doing very good!

But I still need to ask about to more things.....

One: Everytime Jasper poo's, he turns around and eats it!! I know it sounds very disgusting, it also doesnt leave a good smell to him, When I called the vet to make his appointment for his needle, I asked her about it, and she said the main reason they do that is boredom, but hes not usually bored, and if he was, why would he do that??

Two: My 2 other dogs(shih-tzu and part shih-tzu) doesnt like Jasper yet, or arent used to him, one of them is getting alot better(the female) but the male, who is also the sookiest one, seems to be scared of him, he'll bark and run away with his tail between his legs, how do I get him to get used to the puppy?? Will that come with time, or are there ways to help him get used to it??
Thanks!

DogLover9501
11-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Also I will have some new pics of him up tomorrow!! I used a whole roll of film in 3 days lol!

clara4457
11-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Sometimes dogs eat their poop because the food you are feeding them is lacking in nutrients. Sometimes they eat their own poop because it is instinctive and they have to be taught that it is not acceptable. Make sure you are feeding your pup good quality food. If Jasper eats his poop - gently say no and then praise when he stops.

As far as the other dogs getting along. Make sure you do not let the dogs be together unless they are fully supervised. Then for good behavior (being in the room together nicely) - praise and treat. Bad behavior - any growling (time outs in a crate or another room). Remember a new puppy can be a little overwhelming to an older dog. Their life has changed and they can get stressed over it.