PDA

View Full Version : Im having computer problems......HELP!!

Amber
11-09-2003, 08:16 PM
right now im on my dads computer. My computer has been acting up latley. First of all my computer mouse has been freezing up. them my computer screen started to just turn black. So when that did I woould just turn it off and wait like a hour. When I would turn it on again it was fine until it repeated it again. Now when I try to turn my computer on all it does is stay at the black screen. nothing comes up. What is going wronge??? :confused:
I need my computer back!!!

CatDad
11-09-2003, 09:30 PM
I really hope I am wrong, but it sounds like something died on the PC. Like a video card or monitor are the 2 things that come to mind imediately. The description that you gave has the sounds of something that is having a problem with overheating and shutting it down for an hour let it cool off, and then you could turn it back on until whatever it was heated up again. Some pieces will eventually go out completly if they over heat too many times. There are a couple of other possibilites, but this seems like the most likely.

The above is only an educated guess.

When you turn your computer on do you hear anything like the fan comming on or that beep that you hear on alot of computer, several seconds after the power is turned on.

Let me know.

Amber
11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks Catdad, Everything is good now. My dad just fixed it. Im not sure what happened. But Im glad its better! :D