PDA

View Full Version : How cold is it?

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
How cold is it where you are? It's so cold here. We've already gotten to -15. My mom keeps scolding me for wearing T-shirts to school. :p

petlover
11-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Just a second I'll go check the temperature. And wow, that is really cold wear you are. Be sure to wear warm clothes.

petlover
11-09-2003, 06:57 PM
It's 57 right now. You must get the cold jitters where you are right now. It is supposed to get down to 47 tonight though. I hope that it does. It is pretty cool right now. But I am ready for it to be COLD.:cool:

babolaypo65
11-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Remind me where you are? IE what temperature scale you're using...lol.

It's been too warm here, 50-60 during the day and 30s at night, but should be in the 30s-40s by Thursday (day) which is much more like it! (farenheit)

Originally posted by wolfsoul
How cold is it where you are? It's so cold here. We've already gotten to -15. My mom keeps scolding me for wearing T-shirts to school. :p

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 07:03 PM
It's not cold at all. We still have the AC on, but -- We're supposed to be getting a cold front in!! YAAAYYYY!!

Last time I checked, it was 72. Woohoo!! Bring the coldness!:D

green_chameleon_girl
11-09-2003, 07:06 PM
its like 1 degrees here.. Its snowing and everything I cant wait for winter when there is alot of snow I think we are making our house look like a gingerbread house or something so I will take pictures lol

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Remind me where you are? IE what temperature scale you're using...lol.

Lol, I forgot to say. :) It's Celcius, and I'm in BC. It's actually really cold for here...Hasn't been this cold since 1971. And there isn't even any snow. It's snowed once and melted lol.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-09-2003, 07:15 PM
60 over here in CA. The dogs and I love it! :)

CatDad
11-09-2003, 07:19 PM
It's about 50 here.

It got alot colder in the morning ealier this week, but it will stay around 40 or 50 for a while.

clara4457
11-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Not too bad here yet. 40s(F) during the day and 30s(F) at night. It was supposed to snow, but it didn't.

slick
11-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Last week it was down to about -2 at night but up to 8 or 9 during the day.

The last two days have been milder. +2 at night and 10 during the day. Today was just beautiful and the warm sun was shining all day without a cloud in the sky.

Shelteez2
11-09-2003, 07:30 PM

Bah like I said in another post to Binka_Nugget......you wouldn't know cold if it jumped up and "frost" bit you in the butt ;) :D

It's warmed up a lot here. It's 1C.

Cookiebaker
11-09-2003, 07:51 PM
It's around 10 degrees here in New Hampshire. It is really starting to feel like winter. uggh! I hate this time of year. :(

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Bah like I said in another post to Binka_Nugget......you wouldn't know cold if it jumped up and "frost" bit you in the butt ;) :D

LOL, well don't you live in Alberta? I hear that there are some odd weather patterns there and that -40 C is normal. Over here I'm sheltered by mountians hehe. I've actually been trying to find the record of the coldest day here in Kelowna. My mom says the coldest she can remember is -30.

babolaypo65
11-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Wow that IS pretty cold for you guys. What are you trying to be....Manitoba?
lol :D

Lol, I forgot to say. :) It's Celcius, and I'm in BC. It's actually really cold for here...Hasn't been this cold since 1971. And there isn't even any snow. It's snowed once and melted lol.

mugsy
11-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Well, at 9pm on Sunday night it's 29 degrees Fahrenheit and it's supposed to go down to 25 tonight and up to 52 tomorrow. It's November and it's still in the 50s....something's wrong with this picture.

anna_66
11-09-2003, 08:49 PM
It's 32 degrees here right now...brrrrr!

catcrazylady
11-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Little cool here in Kentucky. Hi today was 59 and the low tonight somewhere in the high 30's. Supposed to get in the 60's but rain next week. Pretty warm for this time of year.

Tonya
11-09-2003, 08:55 PM
It is 7pm and 58F right now. The high has been around 69 and low about 40. It's been rainy.

Fuzzy317
11-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Its 50 F now, with low tonight 37 F

Twisterdog
11-09-2003, 09:02 PM
It's 10F here. Today's high was 20F.

Heatwave! :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
It's not cold at all. We still have the AC on, but -- We're supposed to be getting a cold front in!! YAAAYYYY!!

72, and you have the AC on?!? I'd be freezing! That's like 22 degrees C'! :eek:

Corinna
11-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Ok you people in the banana belt it has not been in the teens for 2 weeks here that farinhet. no snow to warm it up suppose to get some tonight. The east side has had the record lows in the counrty for the last week. 72 and AC on REALLY now.!!!!!!!

Fuzzy317
11-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Ok you people in the banana belt it has not been in the teens for 2 weeks here that farinhet. no snow to warm it up suppose to get some tonight. The east side has had the record lows in the counrty for the last week. 72 and AC on REALLY now.!!!!!!!

weather.com is showing 30F where you are. I would hate those temps.

micki76
11-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Currently 54 (F). Forecasting 68 (F) tomorrow and 78(F) on Tuesday! Whoo hooo! It’s been in the 40’s-50’s (F) all weekend so it’ll be nice to get back to normal!

BTW – for those of you who are jealous, remember that we’ll be in the upper 90’s (F) in mid May and go up to the 110’s (F) until late to mid September. :eek: All that with 80-100% humidity. Yuck!

RobiLee
11-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Right now it is 30 degrees in my part of Ohio. Tomorrow it is suppose to be 55 and sunny.

Robin :)

Corinna
11-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Don't beleive weather .com it's an average I live 18 miles from Glacier park in the Mountain shadow it's always colder here than they say.

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Don't beleive weather .com it's an average I live 18 miles from Glacier park in the Mountain shadow it's always colder here than they say.
I hear that. Kelowna is very large, with lots of different parts. Where I am in central Kelowna it's alot warmer. In Black Mountain, Joe Rich, Mission, and some other parts of Kelowna, it's freezing and snowing.

popcornbird
11-09-2003, 09:35 PM
50's/60's. Beautiful........the air smells so fresh after the pouring rain! :D

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 09:37 PM
72, and you have the AC on?!? I'd be freezing! That's like 22 degrees C'! :eek:

Lol... 72 isn't even cold.

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 09:42 PM
That's freezing cold to me! LOL. I'll stay in the 30's (90's F). That's nice weather for me. I don't like it when it gets into the 40's (104+ F) though. All icky.

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Ewwwwwww... It's WAY too hot in the 90's. Especially since it's so humid here. GROSS!

I like it in the 70's.

70's is beach weather here. (0's is stay inside with the AC on weather!

I hate going to the beach in the summer, cause all you do is sweat, even after taking a dip in the water. Nasty.

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Yikes, that's beach weather? Here that's "bundle up in your thick winter coats" weather. :eek: You'd think that that'd be cold to someone in Florida, and hot to someone in Canada. Shows that the stereotype is wrong lol.

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Lol, Yeah... But Canadians are crazy. :p
(And I don't mean that in an offensive way at all -- Most of my Canadian friends would agree :p )

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Us? Crazy? EH?!? *Drinks a beer while stroking her beaver fur coat and watching hockey, throwing maple leaves into the air, and reciting EH a thousand times over.* :p I have to go tend to my sled dogs now, and we don't have any seal left for dinner. :eek: Crazy? Why I have a perfectly normal lifestyle!

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 10:05 PM
*runs away* :eek:

Shelteez2
11-10-2003, 01:41 AM
Lol, Yeah... But Canadians are crazy. :p
(And I don't mean that in an offensive way at all -- Most of my Canadian friends would agree :p )

Nah not all Canadians. Just those crazy BC ones. I'd be perfectly happy with your weather right now. I hate the heat, LOL
My mom's friend goes to Florida every year at the end of April beginning of May and I don't know how she does it. I'd die. LOL

popcornbird
11-10-2003, 02:14 AM
You use the AC at 70 degrees?!?!?! :eek::eek: OMG! We *set* the AC to 70 degrees! That's such a comfortable temperature! Not hot and not cold! Of course we have no humidity here so I guess it probably feels different..........but 70 and AC? :eek: No, we use AC when its in the 90s or 100s. Maybe in the 80s if the sun shines too brightly through the windows making it hot..........but 70s? I'd have the windows open for a nice breeze in that weather! :D

*Me thinks Floridans are crazy* :D :p

Kfamr
11-10-2003, 04:44 AM
PCB, your eyes are going to pop out again.

The AC is off now. :rolleyes:

We had it on just as it was starting to cool off.

Not everyone has a "nice" breeze, and as you said "WHEREVER" you live, it's probaby not as humid.

ParNone
11-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Blue Skies... Bright Sunshine... and a wonderfully pleasant 75
degrees here and suppose to be back up into the 80s tomorrow.
Dang! I love living in Texas. ;)

Par...

Christiansmommy
11-10-2003, 12:26 PM
It is currently 1:29pm and 45 degrees in South Jersey. The low last night was 25....brrrrr... we woke up to a heavy frost...almost looked like a light covering of snow...i had to do a double take!

Bring on the holidays, though...thats what i love about cold weather!!! :) :) :)

Robyn

Logan
11-10-2003, 12:52 PM
We were at 39 (F) this morning. That's the lowest the temperature has dropped so far this year. We're looking at a high of 60 (F) today. I love fall weather!!! We even had a fire last night, for the first time! :)

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Nah not all Canadians. Just those crazy BC ones.
It's always us BC ones.... :p

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 01:03 PM

Not everyone has a "nice" breeze, and as you said "WHEREVER" you live, it's probaby not as humid.
It's very humid here in the summer. Kelowna is technically tropical in the summer.

cali
11-10-2003, 01:04 PM
lol I am with sheltees you BC people wouldent know cold if it jump up and bit you lol, I am in Saskatawan and it is very very very cold, on saterday to keep warm I was where 2 shirts, a fleece jacket and a winter jacket all over top of one another, had my hoods up and mitts on, I was still cold. its around -30*C with the wind chill right now. but thats not bad for Sask winters(-40*C WITHOUT the windchill!) :eek:

cali
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Lol... 72 isn't even cold.

lol no kidding, I would have the AC on in that weather too! see? like I said BC folks are crazy. when it rains its hot outside, here when it rains, get inside with the heat on before you freeze you butt off! for heavens sakes I find +1*C to be nice and warm not AC wearther but warm none the less! :eek:

Shelteez2
11-10-2003, 01:54 PM
LOL, well don't you live in Alberta? I hear that there are some odd weather patterns there and that -40 C is normal. Over here I'm sheltered by mountians hehe. I've actually been trying to find the record of the coldest day here in Kelowna. My mom says the coldest she can remember is -30.

Yep we have some pretty odd weather patterns. -40 is not normal for here. Well we can get to -30 in the winter, usually in January so with the windchill we might hit -40, but it's not all that normal. Then again we can also be +10-15 in the middle of winter as well. Gotta love chinooks!!!! :)

Christiansmommy
11-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by cali
lol I am with sheltees you BC people wouldent know cold if it jump up and bit you lol, I am in Saskatawan and it is very very very cold, on saterday to keep warm I was where 2 shirts, a fleece jacket and a winter jacket all over top of one another, had my hoods up and mitts on, I was still cold. its around -30*C with the wind chill right now. but thats not bad for Sask winters(-40*C WITHOUT the windchill!) :eek:

:eek: :eek: WOW!!!:eek: :eek: I am cold just reading this!!! ;)

popcornbird
11-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
:eek: :eek: WOW!!!:eek: :eek: I am cold just reading this!!! ;)

Me too! I can't imagine! :eek:

BTW, BC people are wierd.........weather-wise. :p My cousin came to visit us from there in July last year. It was a nice warm day in the 80s.........nice for a July day..........and he thought we live in the hottest place on the planet! :eek: I mean.........it was only in the 80s! I don't think that's extremely hot for a day in July. We have 90s, and even 100s sometimes in the summer. :p

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

BTW, BC people are wierd.........weather-wise. :p My cousin came to visit us from there in July last year. It was a nice warm day in the 80s.........nice for a July day..........and he thought we live in the hottest place on the planet! :eek: I mean.........it was only in the 80s! I don't think that's extremely hot for a day in July. We have 90s, and even 100s sometimes in the summer. :p
LOL, that was probably a different part of BC. I live in the hottest region of BC, where it can get up to 45 C, although 35 C is more common. I don't have my thermometre with me right now as I'm at school, so I'm not sure how much those are in farenheit (Our record is 46 C, I believe that is 122 F??). It's probably why I think 72 F is cold...because it IS cold! Lol. I'm used to hot weather. :p

Heather Wallace
11-10-2003, 03:30 PM
It's 12 c here. Goes down to about 7.5 in the night.

popcornbird
11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
LOL, that was probably a different part of BC. I live in the hottest region of BC, where it can get up to 45 C, although 35 C is more common. I don't have my thermometre with me right now as I'm at school, so I'm not sure how much those are in farenheit (Our record is 46 C, I believe that is 122 F??). It's probably why I think 72 F is cold...because it IS cold! Lol. I'm used to hot weather. :p

I never knew there was a hot place in BC.............until I *met* you! :p

He lived in Surrey at the time though...........but now he's in Vancouver. Its always cool there.......at least all the times I went!

slick
11-10-2003, 04:57 PM
What do you mean BC people are weird???:D :D :D Jordan does live in one of the hot spots of BC. The other hot spot is Osoyoos. Here on the coast, we do have duck feet because we get alot of rain. Today it's been raining all day but the temp is fairly warm (10 degrees cel) so it's quite humid as well.

PCB: Anything over 70 is too hot for me. Coastal people are not used to 80 degrees just like we are not used to the snow. Truly, I would not last a day in Palm Springs. And yes, I can see how 70 would be cool for you.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by slick
What do you mean BC people are weird???:D :D :D Jordan does live in one of the hot spots of BC. The other hot spot is Osoyoos.

Hehe, we beat Osoyoos's heat record! :p

CamCamPup33
11-10-2003, 07:29 PM

lmao! i know really, It needs to be cold here im sooo over the heat!! yay coldness! :p

Pam
11-10-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
You use the AC at 70 degrees?!?!?! :eek::eek: OMG! We *set* the AC to 70 degrees! That's such a comfortable temperature! Not hot and not cold! Of course we have no humidity here so I guess it probably feels different..........but 70 and AC? :eek: No, we use AC when its in the 90s or 100s. Maybe in the 80s if the sun shines too brightly through the windows making it hot..........but 70s? I'd have the windows open for a nice breeze in that weather! :D

*Me thinks Floridans are crazy* :D :p

Hmmmm..... No humidity and temps sometimes in the 100's. Do you think Pops might live in Arizona? :p

Glacier
11-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Well, right now it's about -21C and dropping. Daytime highs are no more than -10C. -40C is normal for here in December and January. I find the darkness worse than the cold.

Moose
11-10-2003, 11:05 PM
It's about 62 here right now.....but it was in the high 70s earlier today. It's supposed to be around 84 tomorrow and for the next few days. :D Moose will be excited.....he'll get to go swimming, hehe.