PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful story about a boy named Trooper

Logan
10-15-2001, 08:49 PM
Saturday, I was lucky enough to assist in transporting a Golden Boy from Hickory,NC to Knoxville,TN, on his way "home" to Dallas, TX. This boy, Trooper, who just got his new name today, was "Badger" on Saturday, and it just didn't fit him. One of the nicest things about telling you this story is that he now belongs to one of our newer members, Peggy, and her husband. Peggy hasn't joined us much so far...shoot, she's been tracking down this boy and making arrangements for his transportation! And I can tell you first hand that it was worth all of her efforts! :) He is a love!!

My only regret is that I wasn't the one who handed him off to her. I have tried to post his picture, but its not working, so you should go to the following link and read his story on the MSN Golden Retriever board...it will be worth your time, and if you're like me, you have to read that "doggie talk" out loud to know what it says!! :rolleyes:

http://communities.msn.com /GoldenRetriever/poetrybyus.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=60088&LastModified=4675342761926578922&all_topics=1 (http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRetriever/poetrybyus.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=60088&LastModified=4675342761926578922&all_topics=1)

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

mugsy
10-15-2001, 09:09 PM
Wow! What a neat story. You should be proud to have been a part of it. I hope Trooper gets his heartworm taken care of soon. I'll add him to my list for poochie prayers.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-15-2001, 09:17 PM
Oh Logan, the story about Trooper made me cry. Your Golden people are so caring. What a wonderful boy and he is going to such a wonderful family. You are an angel to drive that sweet boy all that way I'm so proud of you. It just makes me so happy to hear this story and what a beauty Trooper is. He is a real sweet boy.
I saw that someone on the Schnauzer rescue is looking for a Schnauzer but they are in Southern California so I gave them the ladys name who is the rescue in Southern California her name is Peggy and I am praying they will get one of her rescues. I asked them to let me know as they just lost their Schnauzer who was their baby boy.
You must feel so good knowing you just united the sweetest Golden with new parents.
Good job Logan :)
Jackie

RachelJ
10-16-2001, 07:22 AM
Three cheers for our Ms Logan and all the time and effort that she invested to make it possible for Trooper to get to his more than wonderful Forever Home. A couple more feathers have been added to your angel wings. http://plauder-smilies.com/angel3.gif

AdoreMyDogs
10-16-2001, 08:11 AM
Hip Hip Hurray for Logan!!! That Golden story made me cry it was so touching :) Trooper is one fine looking boy with a lovely, heartwarming smile. I am so glad to hear that you went to such measures to take Trooper to his new home, that was such a generous thing to do.

Dixieland Dancer
10-16-2001, 10:59 AM
Logan, Your heart is PURE GOLD! What a wonderful thing you did. May your generosity be doubled and sent back to you in a very special way! You are a Blessing! :)

Logan
10-16-2001, 11:15 AM
You guys are really sweet, but I only did it because I knew what a wonderful home that boy was headed to. They are the angels to open their home to this heartworm positive boy and give him a "forever" place to live, free of those bad heartworms and full of love! And how lucky they all are!!! :D

Sudilar
10-16-2001, 11:33 AM
Logan, you are the best!!!! :D

mugsy
10-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Logan, you're going to have to keep us up to date on Trooper's progress. And I echo everyone else's thoughts, you are the greatest. I wish I could do stuff like that, but the opportunity doesn't seem to present itself here in Fort Wayne. WAY TO GO LOGAN!!!!

tatsxxx11
10-16-2001, 04:56 PM
Great job Logan! What a wonderful story. Trooper is SO beautiful, and so are the very many people who made his new home a reality. Keep us posted on how he's doing. He and his new mom look ecstatic! Yea, Trooper!!!

zippy-kat
10-16-2001, 06:12 PM
Wow What a Story!!

Congrats to Trooper on his new fambli.

And a BIG congrats to Logan for helping to make his forever home come true!

(And Logan, how is Miss Honey's Ear?)

Logan
10-17-2001, 07:38 PM
Here's the link to Peggy's update about Trooper. Bless his heart, he is fighting not only the heartworms, but also Lyme disease, plus hookworms.....even if you don't read the link, say a little prayer for that sweet boy, ok?

Thanks.
http://communities.msn.com/GoldenRetriever/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=60346&LastModified=4675343031590931644&all_topics=1

tatsxxx11
10-17-2001, 07:47 PM
Dear Trooper. Sounds like you're in the best of hands, getting the best care, and I know you are very loved. Hang tough sweet boy! The good doctors, some medicine, and your new momma's endless love will get you through this. All of us here raise our paw to you Trooper. You truly are a brave, brave, boy. A real trooper!!!

Sudilar
10-17-2001, 08:19 PM
Trooper, so sorry you have to suffer so much!! You're in good hands now! Good luck!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-18-2001, 09:16 AM
How much can a poor dog go through. You can bet he will be getting good wishes and prayers from our house, he just has to get well now that he has such a loving home and family. Thanks for the update Logan.
Jackie

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Dixieland Dancer
10-18-2001, 12:34 PM
Our prayers and well wishes also go out to you Trooper! Now that you have a forever home you need to really work hard on getting better for your new family. They will love you and care for you in such a way, you will never need to feel alone again.

Daisy's Mom
10-18-2001, 12:41 PM
What a wonderful story! Logan, you are awesome!!!

Logan
10-18-2001, 03:16 PM
Yippee!!! :D :D Trooper is at home now with his mom and dad!!! Don't you know that boy is glad to be finished with the long rides, the barking dogs from the shelter, the crate at the vet's office, and the horrible heartworm treatments? I told Peggy that he will enjoy his mandatory quiet for the next thirty days, and learn to love his new, forever home!! :)

RachelJ
10-18-2001, 03:49 PM
Good luck, Trooper. Sounds like your name is fitting for you. I know you have a long road ahead of you, but you can do it, 'cause you ARE a trooper, and this time you have LOVE to see you through. Plus all of us here at Pet Talk are routing for you, and probably saying your name during our nighty time prayers too.

Albea
10-19-2001, 01:28 PM
Logan: today is a very bad day, so I don't want to read a story that will make me cry. But, I'm very glad to know from the other Pet Talkers that thanks to you Trooper has found a forever home. Isn't it wonderful when a sad story has a happy ending? Thanks for being such a caring and compassionate friend for Trooper.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-19-2001, 03:31 PM
Albea, I'm sorry this is not a good day for you, hope as time goes on the day gets better and better for you.

Logan you made me so happy with your post, I'm so happy that Trooper is back with his Mom and Dad and can start his new life at home now. Trooper went through so much he needs some time to adjust and lots and lots of love and kisses.
Jackie

lizbud
10-19-2001, 05:48 PM
Logan,
I've been reading about Trooper's journey
to his new forever home.Thanks for letting
people know that he is finally home.Now that
his treatments are over he can stay in his
new home and just get better & stronger!!!
I'm so proud to say that I 'know' someone
so selfless and giving..

Albea,
So sorry that this day has not been better
for you.Are you O.K. Hope everything is okay
for you,Carina & family!!!

tatsxxx11
10-19-2001, 06:44 PM
Dear Trooper....I'm so happy to hear that you're HOME!!!! Safe and sound, beautiful boy!!! What a wonderful life awaits you sweetheart. You've captured all our hearts and we hope you're feeling 100% real soon! Make sure your momma lets us know how you're doing! Hugs and kisses to you Trooper!!!