PDA

View Full Version : Sirrahbed's First Catshow

sirrahbed
11-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Sorry no pictures! Digital was dead on batteries! But, it was a lovely and fun experience!! Oh my - 4 hours of cat heaven. I visited every single cat there and talked to every owner who felt like chatting. Maine Coons seemed to be the biggest hits there! Big beautiful animals! I petted some Russian Blues - Velvet! Stroked a Sphynx - warm peach! and happily held several Ragdolls who were just as I have heard and went limp in my arms and purred. There was a shelter display there but only one buff male and he was not friendly so I will be patient. I did NOT buy anything - amazingly enough but just soaked up the sites and enjoyed myself tremendously!! There was one particularly friendly judge who obviously adored what he was doing and explained everything he was doing and took plenty of time to snuggle and love the kitties! I will definitely go to any other cat shows that come to Dayton - I think any cat person should go. This show also had a "household" section and that was fun. The breeds were fascinating to see but I cannot imagine paying $$$ when so many animals need homes. Just how I feel anyway - I prefer the ones who need me. And YES, there will be an orange male in our future, he just has to come find me. Thanks everyone!

BTW after my long "whine" post yesterday - I went to bed with BOTH kitties. Emily on my hip and Eliot on my shoulder. They MUST have heard me talking!! It's all over today but was nice while I had them:D :D Thanks you guys for helping cheer me yesterday!!

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your first cat show was such a positive experience and that you had a great time. I'm also glad that there will be an orange male sometime in your future.:D I try to go to at least 2-3 cat shows a year and I always have a great time.

NoahsMommy
11-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Glad you had fun. I LOVE cat shows, but don't seem to find many in my area. :(

catcrazylady
11-09-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm really glad to know that there is an orange male in your future. The coaxing really worked!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
He is out there somewhere calling your name. I can't wait till you find him!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Felicia's Mom
11-09-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. There is one here every year that I go to. I would go to more of them if I drove a car.

CatDad
11-09-2003, 08:42 PM
I am happy to hear that you had a good time at the cat show. It sounds like a great time. I am sorry that your camera wasn't working.:( I am really looking forward to the one in my neck of the woods.

Well the Power of PT has once again been effective.:D I am glad to hear that you will be getting yourself a friend. Look forward to seeing and hearing about the new kitty.:D