PDA

View Full Version : **Calling all Pet Photograhers!***

wolf_Q
11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
I just opened up an online store in association with my Pet Portraits (http://www.geocities.com/wolf_Q) website. I'm going to try to start selling products with my drawings and photos, stuff like that...or even allowing you to purchase products with your own pets photos.

I noticed they offer a calendar as an item for sale. I thought it would be pretty neat to make a calendar showcasing some of the great pet photography we have here. Depending on the amount and quality of photos, there could be one of all sorts of pets, or separate ones for dogs, cats, other animals, etc.

The images would need to be very high quality, small or blurry images will not work. I need 150-300 resolution and a size of at least 11.5 x 9 inches.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. If I choose to do this, I will have to get a premium account and pay a monthly fee. So I'd really like to know who would be interested in contributing photos and also who would be interested in buying items. Thanks! :)

p.s. Here's the current shop http://www.cafeshops.com/wolf_q Right now there's only a couple items, and I haven't customized anything yet....give me time and it will be much more interesting I promise. ;)

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Yes, another wonderful idea, I saw nothing wrong with the other one.

Simba and Nala, my wonderful models -- are open for any photoshoots for any month you're not able to fill :p

Crikit
11-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'm sure the pups would love to have their photo taken for it. Who knows maybe my camera will even be fixed by then.

RubyMutt
11-09-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm definitely interested! :D

I'd be more than happy to contribute and buy (I love that Nebo ornament - it's adorable!) :)

magcpen
11-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, if I ever get around to taking pictures, I'd love to contribute. :D. Unless you can us the photo of Wiggum I always use for everything. ;)

wolf_Q
11-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Great! Remember to please set your digital cameras to the HIGHEST resolution! If you don't have a digital, a scanned photo *may* turn out high enough quality, we'll just have to see. :)

I'm looking for unique pet photos, not just " this is a pic of my dog" if that makes any sense. :)

wolf_Q
11-09-2003, 06:11 PM
*bump*

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 06:19 PM
I've been taking pictures on "large" all day. :p

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 07:49 PM
I'd be a little leary of that place as they have screwed hundreds of people over. The RFC used to use them until we got over charged bogus amount of money and they started charging for other things that weren't mentioned anywhere. We ended up moving our online store.

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Also make sure you have a copyright symbol with your name........just to be safe on EVERYTHING you sell there.

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Luckies -- you have to put that picture of the smiling rattie in for the calender... if it's high enough Resolution.

luckies4me
11-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Luckies -- you have to put that picture of the smiling rattie in for the calender... if it's high enough Resolution.

Well I am actually making a rat calendar right now, but I am sure I can submit some photos. Yes they are very high resolution and should work good. I took a really good hedgie one today as well. :)

Urrgh, my eyes are burning so bad right now.

dukedogsmom
11-09-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't think mine are big enough :( My camera only takes 2.1 megapixels and the highest I can get is a 5 x 7. KayAnn, this has your name all over it! Those flower ones of Nala should be submitted. Maybe you can submit one of Duke that you took? I would love to have a calendar of all our PT animals, preferably dogs. Could we have different ones like that, for those of us that are dog crazy.? I would even like a dog/cat one together.
This pic of Duke should be good enough? I've got it in a 5x7 and I could scan it.
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2001/October/07.html

Kfamr
11-09-2003, 08:14 PM
The flower ones of Nala ren't high resolution. I could try and take them over agian, though.

I'm not sure I have an large photos of Duke either... Again, we can always take more.

Cincy'sMom
11-15-2003, 04:21 PM
If this is still an active idea, I'd be interested...

I had a calender made by imagestation last year as Christmas presents for my parents and sister with pics of all our family dogs, It was fun to do and (I thought) a unique gift. A PT one would be fun too!

CamCamPup33
11-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Im still intrested too, i think you deleted the old one where i posted though.. :p :)

Amber
11-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Im a bit confused. So all we have to do is send you a good clear picture of our pet and they would be on a calender? if so I would buy the calender!

tomkatzid
11-15-2003, 05:12 PM
I love the "got milk?" T shirt. That is so cute.