PDA

View Full Version : Raccoons! Pics

dukedogsmom
11-08-2003, 08:28 PM
We sort of "foster" a Raccoon family and every night they come for their dinner. It's the squished bread from the bread store. They are so cute! I wish I could have gotten more pics but they can get rather aggressive so I just opened the door, stuck my hand out with camera, and took some pics. I only got 2 good shots. Here they are.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/DSCF0024_1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/DSCF0026_1.jpg

Cookiebaker
11-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Oh how sweet! I love raccoons! I know they can be destructive and everything, but still they are so adorable.

Back when I lived at home, our neighbors had a pesky raccoon, and called a company to come and humanely trap it and transport it out to the country. They ended up putting the trap in our backyard, so when the guy came to pick the trap up, we got to chatting. He showed me three babies that he had picked up at the previous call, and he let me hold one. It was soooooo sweet!!

Anyway, sorry to get side tracked. Awesome pictures, Duke'smom!!

CatDad
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Oh how sweet! I love raccoons! I know they can be destructive and everything, but still they are so adorable.

I agree, I know that they can be destructive to a human habitat, but I still think that they are really cute.

Thanks for the Pictures.:D:D

veegan
11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
CUTE!!!!!!! I LOVE RACCOONS!!! At our old house, we used to have this big foresty area and pond right behind our fence, like our neighbours to the right and on over, their yards touched the pond, so it really was *right* behind us, (it was gorgeous, I really miss that house :() and so we had raccoons in our yard a lot. they came up to the deck occasionally, and we'd see them out in the yard sometimes at night too. well, we had 2 apple trees in our backyard, and this one night my mom woke me up at like 2 or 3 am because there was this whole family of raccoons eating the apples off the ground! THEY WERE SO CUTE!! there were a few youngins too! :D this was several years ago though. too bad I didnt get pics! :(

Uabassoon
11-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Aww cute pictures! I also love raccoons, I think they are so cute.

catcrazylady
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
I love Racoons!! They are so adorable and really funny. My brother has raised 3 of these critters. Loads of fun to watch and play with.
Great pics of some really cute racoons!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

trayi52
11-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Those are some adorable pictures, I love Racoons. Looks like you got the whole family. :) Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us.

Tonya
11-11-2003, 06:31 AM
They look so cute! I wish that we had raccoons here. They may get tame over time. The ones my aunt feeds did after a generation or two.

Dogz
11-11-2003, 07:29 AM
I love raccoons! They are so cute, thanks for sharing the pics, and keep us updated!

KYS
11-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Great pictures, Raccoons are so cute/adorable.

Kona & Oreo's mom
11-11-2003, 09:44 AM
They are so cute!

My parents "have" a racoon too. She's been coming to the door for at least 8 years, each year bringing her new babies with her until they grow up and leave. She has gotten quite tame over the years, but her babies are timid (I think it's safer for them that way!). Her name is Millie, and she likes to rest in the pine trees above their porch.

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Here in Oregon and some other states a lot of people keep them as pets. I have played with many, my favorite was a little cinnamon baby girl who came into our vet clinic. So adorable! :D Have you guy's seen the mutation colors? They come in tan, cinnamon, pureblack, albino, Black Eyed White and some other colors. Their very pretty. We had two in our rescue for a few months, I think I have a pic of them somewhere on one of my disks. They came from a fur farm in Montana and were supposed to be used as a fur coat, but they came here and found a home quickly. Now I don't have my permit anymore because with Dylan and not having my big house anymore I don't have the time or the room for baby racoons. lol. :p

They are so adorable and the pics came out great! :)