PDA

View Full Version : Mugsy's trauma on 10/11

mugsy
10-12-2001, 08:12 PM
I just wanted to share with you the traumatic night we had last night at our house. Yesterday afternoon when Mike got home from job hunting, he opened the garage door, unbeknownst to him that I had the door from the house open, and needless to say, the neighborhood was full of Kendall dogs. We managed to keep 4 of them in the house, but 7 of them got out. Jazzy came running back in about 5 minutes, followed by Serenity in the yard behind our house, and close behind her was George, Dudley, and Sophie. We, of course, had problems with Vonney, he likes to chase little furry things, a neighborhood boy and Mike finally trapped him in our neighbors' yard, which left Tigger. Now, first you have to understand that Tigger NEVER leaves the yard. He obviously got lost and of course, being that I'm gimpy I couldn't go look for him. We had a regular army out looking for him. My sister came over and I rode with her. Finally, at 7:30pm (the saga began at 4:30pm)our friend Dave sighted him across a very busy road and tried to get him and Tig took off and ran away from him. My sister and I finally tracked him down and got him in the car, full of burrs, wet, cold, and SCARED. He was so scared he didn't even recognize me at first. I shed a lot of tears until we found him.

Then this morning (10/12) Billy got away from Mike and I didn't find him for about 2 hours, but we know he never leaves the neighborhood. I found him flirting with his girlfriend in the next block. I called him and he streaked across 3 yards and the street to run into the house and proceed to tear up and down the hall and back to the living room and around the coffee table and back down the hall.

Mugsy doesn't need this stress in her life! But I will tell you, we found a lot of our friends last night. My mom even drove all the way across town to help look. Keeping in mind of course that Tigger is her favorite of our crew. ;)

JAQ
10-12-2001, 08:32 PM
I had the same thing happen when we first moved to our house in the mountains and at that time I had only 5 dogs. One of them was Keisha my wolf hybrid who could run like the wind and it was pitch black out and I really had a hard time finding her as the mountains were her territory! I found her by listening for her strange howl when I would call her name. I know how frightening an ordeal it can be and I am glad all of your gang got back home safely!!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
10-12-2001, 08:34 PM
Hmmmm... Les'see; 4 IN and 7 OUT; 4+7 = 11 Kritterz? Dad sez that's a LOT :eek: of FurKidz! We're not so sure Dad could 'member that many names! :rolleyes:

How crowded is it on yer BigBed? Iffin we had that many atta Ranch, we'd have to sleep in shifts! :D

TheAntiPam
10-12-2001, 09:34 PM
ok, Everybody Sing!

Eleven in the bed and the little one said "Roll Over! Roll Over!"

Wow, Mugsy - you deserve a nap - in the big bed all by yourself! Glad you found everyone!

aly
10-12-2001, 10:05 PM
Oh mugsy, sorry you had to go through that panic. At least it ended well. I think this calls for a celebration with EVERYBODY in the big bed!!!!!!

Logan
10-12-2001, 10:15 PM
How frightening, Mugsy!! I'm glad everyone is finally back at home, safe and sound. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do!! :D

mugsy
10-12-2001, 10:33 PM
Trust me Tigger definitely slept right between our heads (of course I had his BUTT in MY face...that's gratitude for you...I'M the one who found him!!! lol). I had George, DeeDee, and Sox sleeping either on me or at the end of the bed. Mike had Jazzy (the Dane), and Shawna on him. Everyone else was either on the oversized chair we have in the bedroom or on the various, assorted, and asundry dog beds we have strewn all over the floor.

Phred, you could remember all the names. My mom is constantly amazed because I can tell their barks and yell at them to be quiet by name!

Julie, I didn't have pitch black to contend with like you did...if I had been in your situation I probably would have committed harycary. I would have been a mess, but then, I think you're probably a stronger person than I am...I fall apart if one of mine gets sick...heck I called the vet tonight to find out what to do about Billy's back dew claw that had grown to the pad! lol

AntiPam, Mike sings back to you... 11 poochies on the bed and Billy said, "I'm crowded. Roll over, Roll over." and they all rolled over and the Great Dane fell out......

You know, it sure is easy to laugh about it now, but I wasn't laughing last night! Boy am I glad that's over. :eek: :D :D :D :p :p :p

Sudilar
10-12-2001, 11:45 PM
I'm so glad you rounded up the crew!! I would have been a basket case!!

TheAntiPam
10-13-2001, 12:12 AM
I thought I heard a big *THUD* earlier tonight - it was your big ol' Dane-dog falling out of the big bed. Hope he didn't bruise anything! Here in California, we get very worried when we feel the earth move from such behavior ;)

tatsxxx11
10-13-2001, 06:08 AM
That scenario would spell P-A-N-I-C! at my house. What a heart and head pounder that must have been! So glad to hear they were all corraled and home safe! And Mugsy, did I count correctly.....is that 11!!!???? :eek: Bet everyone will be sleeping in today! :)

mugsy
10-13-2001, 01:48 PM
yeppers, that would be 11.Right now they are around me begging for pretzels. Wow AntiPam, she's heavier than I thought! Tigger is back to himself now, which is good. And you bet there was panic in the Kendall household that night. Well, you know it's bad when there are 4 cars driving around trying to find him. In fact our friend WALKED in the rain to try and find him. Thanks guys for the sympathy...I knew everyone here would understand. And finally YES, Panic was the word of the day that night.

lizbud
10-13-2001, 01:50 PM
Mugsy,
I'm so happy that you were able to get the
whole GANG back safe & sound!!!Bet Mom & Dad
got a few grey hairs out of that experience..
You're so right about finding out who your
friends are when you REALLY NEED them.
Please, just sit & relax today & give the
Gang a kiss & hug from me.

RachelJ
10-13-2001, 01:59 PM
Oh this scenerio has happened at our house with only two playing the parts in THE GREAT ESCAPE; although I can imagine the fright caused by each and every one of them running amok. I sort of wish I could see a picture of that first wave of critters as they exited the garage door. http://plauder-smilies.com/outtahere.gif Probably more than one shouted "Let's go, guys, run like the wind". Your a good mom, Mugsy, nobody even got a timeout for the escapade and the Kendall pack is safe and sound.

Stenograsaurus
10-13-2001, 06:55 PM
Oh, Mugsy, I am so glad you got the crew all home and safe. We just experienced something like that today. We have a four year old who had opened the door "just a crack" to see her daddy when he came home from work. Well, a little crack is all they need. The dogs pushed the door open and ran like the wind. We were able to get them rather quickly. It looks like both our husbands had one heck of a welcome home present!!!

Daisy's Mom
10-13-2001, 07:07 PM
I am so glad all your precious babies are home, safe and sound! What a scary night it must have been for you. And as for having 11 dogs... you're my idol! LOL I would love to have a home full of happy pups! But since I don't... you'll have to have all the fun for me... and maybe throw in a few pictures here and there? :)

mugsy
10-13-2001, 08:24 PM
Well, as soon as we get a scanner hooked up, a digital camera, or finally decide to get photo cd I will certainly post pictures. Geez Steno, what is this, the week for the Great Escapes? Sheesh, I hope you didn't have the amount of stress we did. Mike was so beside himself, he refused to shut the garage door until Tigger came home. I'm sure glad we found him by 7:30 or it would have been a really long night. Steno, I'm glad your clan got home safely too. As far as timeouts, I was too glad to have them home to worry about punishing them...I'm a sucker for their "oh I'm so cute you can't punish me" look. Right now there are 7 of them sleeping peacefully in the living room with us as we each peck away at our puters. It sure is nice to know that it doesn't always only happen to us. I felt like such a bad mom letting them out. It's really funny though, all of our neighbors know the dogs and we had a little boy come over and offer to help!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-13-2001, 08:25 PM
Oh Mugsy you must have a wonderful time in your house with your gang. I envy you, although I don't envy you when they all escape, it must have been like the keystone cops. I don't know how you remember all those names, but I know you remember all the kisses and who they come from. I'm sure glad you got everyone back safe and sound. What a great family, give them all a hug from us.
Jackie

mugsy
10-15-2001, 09:14 PM
SHEESH!! In the last 4 days we have had 3 escapes carried out. Vonney was the last culprit and he is a sneaky little snot. He never goes more than about 5 houses away, but when he comes into the yard and you try to bribe him with treats, he acts like he's going to come to you and WHOOSH! there he goes. We got him back ok, he was very rarely out of our site, but he just made our lives difficult, but he's such a lover it's difficult to stay mad at him. And (crosss your fingers) no escapes today. We have never had this problem and hopefully it won't continue or I'm going to be bald!

Daisy's Mom
10-15-2001, 10:49 PM
Attention to all Mugsy's babies: BEHAVE YOURSELVES! You're gonna give your mommy gray hair! :)

mugsy
10-16-2001, 02:50 PM
Thanks Daisy, I gave them all your message and they have been very well behaved today. Oh yeah, about the gray hairs....I'll be 40 on Friday so I'm sure I have a few, more from my students than the dogs, but you're right, they did give me a few the last few days. Now I just said that they were better and Jazzy starts chewing on a computer that Mike is building and George starts chewing on the can of compressed air! lol Can you imagine what would have happened if he punctured the can! hehehehe...bet he wouldn't do it again. Luckily he didn't do it.