PDA

View Full Version : Needing Positive Thoughts For Nakita's Test Results

Russian Blue
11-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Well, yesterday I took Nakita to the vet for her yearly exam. I had to go to a new vet this year because I was less than impressed with the last place.

The good news is that this vet is really nice, will allow me to get the rabies shot every other year, and there are 4 vets to choose from. They even will allow you to watch the surgery being done on your pet through a glass viewing room. I thought that was pretty cool.

Nakita's official weight is 5.05 pounds! So she gained a whopping 0.05 pounds since May. She's such a tiny mite.
Nakita also has some mild irritation along the gum line and her lymph nodes were slightly swollen. So, they had to draw blood from her and it took them close to half an hour to do this!

They have renamed her Houdini because they have never seen such a squirmy little cat before. And because she is so small they had trouble finding a vein, so they had to shave her neck and take the blood sample from there! Even when they gave her vaccinations, she would still squirm when the needle was in her!
:eek: As you can imagine, they had a hard time and they needed 3 people to hold her! :eek:

But on a positive note, she didn't hiss, scratch or bite. Actually, Nakita has never done any of those before. She was just afraid and didn't want to be there with the white coats.

So now I have to wait a whole week before the blood tests are back. I'm so mad at the last vet, because he didn't even want blood tests before. Now after reading more on feline health, blood tests are recommended before a spay and to provide a baseline in case of illness.

I just want her to be healthy and hope there are no problems. She's such a tiny mite that I don't want to even think about her losing weight with some illness. But with some gum irritation and a possible start of a URI (swollen lymph nodes) I'm worried it's something more.

I came to PT close to a year ago when I needed someone to hold my hand during Nakita's reaction to the spay drugs. You can read about it here: On The Verge of Tears.. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=17963&highlight=Nakita)

So can I ask for some more positive thought sent Nakita's way? This is going to be a long wait for the test results since I can't get it out of my mind.

:(

11-08-2003, 11:24 AM
You will be in my thoughts, you and sweet Nakita!!
Of course little Nakita-girl was afraid, noweone likes it when some white coats poke a needle in his body, right :eek: ! Good girl, Nakita!
Let us know the results, hey !

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Of course precious Nakita will be in our thoughts and prayers this week! What a good girl - no hissing, biting or scratching, even when she was so scared!

Ally and Connor both send head-bumpies to one of our favourite little Pet Talk furkids!

catcrazylady
11-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh poor tiny baby! The white coats are so scary!! Such a good girl not to try to hurt them. http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way from me and my nine. We have seen how well they work!!! I'm sure little Nakita is going to be fine but I know it will be a long week for you. {{{HUGS}}}

tomkatzid
11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Prayers, positive thoughts, and paws with claws crossed for you little girl.;)

slick
11-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Poor Nakita :( :( Those whitecoats are pretty scary aren't they?? Try not to worry although that's easier said than done. I know it's going to be a long week, but before you know it, you'll get some good news to share with the rest of us.

jenluckenbach
11-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Nakita the wiggle worm! ;)

Hope everything goes well with the tests.

5 pounds....hee hee........I think the foster babies are bigger than that. :eek:

Steffi N
11-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Heartfelt best wishes for dear Nakita. I hope the test results don't show any problems.

CatDad
11-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Prayers, Positives thoughts for a happy outcome on the test. We all have are paws and fingers crossed here.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you, since you have to wait for the results, that is never fun. Also, head scratches for Nikita.

If you need to, write again for more support.:)

Kirsten
11-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I hope everything's well with little tiny Nakita! Positive thoughts are on their way...

Kirsten

PayItForward
11-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Sending positive thoughts and {{{Hugs}}} to you & Nakita.

I'm sure everything will be fine but I understand that it is hard to wait for the results.

Waiting for a update.

kitten645
11-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Nakita is among my fave kitties here on PT. Best wishes and positive thoughts going out to you. I know how we worry about the most wee mites. Everything seems bigger when they are so little. Hugs and scritches to you little one.

Baby Leila
11-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Prayers, positive thoughts, and paws with claws crossed for you little girl.;)

same here! *MEOOOOOOOW* Leila says to keep hope, Nakita!

Felicia's Mom
11-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Positive thoughts coming to Nakita.

NoahsMommy
11-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Our sweet, precious Nakita. You will most surely be in our prayers for good results.

Did the vet say anything about what it could be?

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way. I sure hope that the test results come back good. Poor little Nakita and poor you for having to wait so long for the results. Please take care and keep us updated.

Barbara
11-09-2003, 04:59 AM
Filou and Tigris keep their paws crossed (both front and back) for their friend Nakita. Filou says that Aby girls can be as tiny as you, Nakita sweetie. He says he is a big boy with his 7 pounds;)

K & L
11-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Good luck with the test results! She sure must be a tiny one! Think of her next to our 28 lb. Beavis!

IttyBittyKitty
11-09-2003, 07:02 AM
You must be so worried! I pray that the results come back with good news for the lovely tiny gem Nakita ... one of my favourite Pet Talk kitties ... and I'm sure mine is not the only heart that Nakita has stolen :)

ChrisH
11-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Sending positive thoughts and hopes for little Nakita to have good test results.

Killearn Kitties
11-09-2003, 08:54 AM
We'll be thinking of you and beautiful Nakita. Waiting for results is such a worry, but we'll all have our fingers and paws crossed for good results.

Cuddles to Nakita.

catmandu
11-09-2003, 10:14 AM
We , of course are praying for Nakita , and that there is nothing amiss in her tersts! And isnt it funny that it is the Little Ones , like Nakita and Rocca , that cause the most trouble at the Vets!

Russian Blue
11-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks so much for all the positive thoughts being sent our way! :)

I'll let you know the results as soon as we get them. Hopefully, that will be sooner than later. I worry so much over this little furkid.

Miss Meow
11-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for Nakita. I hope everything turns out OK and will be sending lots of positive vibes.

rg_girlca
11-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for precious little Nakita.

Also a BIG supportive (((((HUG))))) for you while waiting for the results.

Vio&Juni
11-10-2003, 06:41 AM
Paws crossed for sweet Nakita.

rosethecopycat
11-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Singing for Nakita's good test results.

From,

Snowy, Bella, and Mr. Jones

ramanth
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Thoughts and a big ol' tummy rub for Nakita! :)