PDA

View Full Version : Cubby went back for his second UTI check today.

cubby31682
11-08-2003, 11:06 AM
We just got home from the vets office. They decided to put him on another round of medication for it. It isn't all cleared up yet. This time they put him on pills called Baytril. I have to give him 1 pill for 2 weeks. Then 5 days after he runs out of pills I have to take him back in. They also didn't check his kidneys because they said he seems to be doing alot better now. Which he is. He is back to his old self now. So as long as he stays as the Cubby I have become to know and love then I'm happy!!

His other medication he was onn his ovaban I asked the vet about Jen's suggestion about giving him half of what I was giving him. The vet said I can do that and see if it works. Thanks Jen for the good advice I really appreciate it.

Katie

slick
11-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Speckles was on Baytril a couple of years ago for UTI and it worked great. Only drawback was that it took about a week for the meds to work. All fingers and paws crossed that Cubby continues to do well.

Got any recent pictures to share??

cubby31682
11-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I only have a film camera, I have a half dozen on the roll of film that is in the camera now. I still have to wait to finish the roll up. Maybe I can finish the roll up today since it's my neices birthday today and she wants to go to Chuck E Cheeses.
As soon as I finish off the roll and take it in to get developed then I will post new pics. I have a few from last year if you would like to see those. I will attack one now.

Katie

jenluckenbach
11-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Darned old UTI's, so hard to get rid of at times. But persistance will pay off in the end.

I was glad to make the sugestion now let's just hope it does the trick (you know, happy medium) ;)

CatDad
11-08-2003, 02:33 PM
I really hope Chubby is OK. It sounds like you are doing what needs to be done to make that happpen.:)

Good luck to him and a couple of head scratches too.

BTW - That pictures is great.:D

catcrazylady
11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
That picture is great!!! How cute Cubby!! Glad things are better and hope the next visit is all clear!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Cubby still has a UTI. Hopefully the new medicine will take care of it and he'll have a clean bill of health at his next vet visit. Good luck and please keep us updated.