PDA

View Full Version : Fruit nylabones...warning

wolf_Q
11-08-2003, 01:47 AM
I found something new in the clearance bin at Petco today. I think I know why it was in the clearance bin. :rolleyes: You know those edible nylabones? Well, this one was a "Watermelon Fruit Bone" I thought that sounded like a pretty fun treat for Nebo...he's had the other nylabone edibles before and loved them...

Oh yeah, he had plenty of fun with it. Have you ever seen a pic of a wolf after eating its kill? You know..the blood all over the face and paws... Yep, that's Nebo. Except it's slightly more pink. It's also all over his bed and our carpet. His paws are just covered in goo, I couldn't get it all to wash off.

I looked at the package and there's no sort of warning of the color staining. I know, it *is* bright reddish pink, and I should have thought of that. But I just gave it to him while we were watching a movie, and it was dark.

So if you ever find a fruit nylabone, either don't buy it, or give it to them outside!

CountryWolf07
11-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Really? Thanks!

Twisterdog
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I've given my dogs the strawberry ones before, and it didn't turn them pink. Maybe yours was defective, and that's why it was on clearance. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
11-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I think I know why it was in the clearance bin. :rolleyes:
It's also all over his bed and our carpet.

... there's no sort of warning of the color staining.

Amy ~

Give the Nylabone Folks a shout on the phone...
Toll Free 1-800-631-2188
or e-mail to: [email protected]

Web Site is Nylabone.com (http://www.nylabone.com/)

TELL them what happened and ask what they suggest to remove the stains.

And they *should* offer you something for pain & suffering...
maybe cupons or they might send you something.

Give it a try - nuffin to loose! :rolleyes:

/s/ Phred :D

Cookiebaker
11-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Good idea, Phred!

Yikes, that sounds horrible, Amy! Thanks for the heads up! Does Nebo look girlie wearing "lipstick"?? ;)

CJ7Boomer
11-08-2003, 06:47 PM
I know EXACTLY what youre talking about!! i gave Lou Dog a watermelon nyla bone and he was covered with pink goo...he kinda looked like the day he got into the hummingbird food lol, i keep telling him, "Louie you're not a hummingbird"
Ive never had a white doggie before, he gets so dirty! i should take some pics next time he has his cheese flavored rawhide bone :)

K9karen
11-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Amy, my new mission in life (being so unemployed busy) is emailing companies about their products, no kidding. Maybe seltzer water will take out the stain? I don't know but it seems to work on a lot of stuff...the effervesece? I still have beef rawhide bone stains on our family room rug which are totally impossible to get off. I always put a towel down but Cody would move off it. Thank God greenies don't stain!

wolfsoul
11-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Yikes, that's no good! Thanks for the heads up!

I don't know if the company will be willing to reimburse you since they've discontinued the fruit nylabone line, except banana.

PapillonCrazie!
11-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Hmmm maybe THATS why I have had a pink dog :eek: