PDA

View Full Version : "Winter" arrives at Camp Vermont

sasvermont
11-07-2003, 08:54 PM
I am afraid this photo is her only one for the night. Maybe tomorrow she will feel more secure, and come out!

Juni and Miley did the puffy tail thing when sniffing Winter's carrier. I have not allowed them to go near her and will wait for that until tomorrow.

The drive (including one sleepy, rest stop) took 9 hours round trip.

Winter is much larger than I had imagined. She needs a good brushing as they have been leaving her alone, to recouperate from her spaying.

She is so so so soft and fluffy. She doesn't weigh much, just puffy girl.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p6ce7443edb9f65489e3d3b9e89d97982/fa9e721e.jpg

;)

Cookiebaker
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Ooooh!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Glad you made it home safe. Have a fun weekend getting acquainted!! :)

Vermontcat
11-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, that looks like a sleepy little fuzzball of a bunny.:)
I am so happy that you got her home safe and tucked into bed for the night.
I can't wait to see more photos tomorrow and to hear what Miley and Juni think of her!
Congratulations on the new bunny Sas!:D

popcornbird
11-08-2003, 01:45 AM
You got a bunny?!?! :eek::eek: How cute! Congrats! :D I can't wait to see more pics! :D

jenluckenbach
11-08-2003, 04:57 AM
Welcome, Winter (the only winter I would ever like;))

I think I need more pictures of that hutch, to me it looks like she is in a washing machine......hee hee....sorry.....***shrugs***

sasvermont
11-08-2003, 06:32 AM
It was a quiet night. Winter (aka Winny) has eaten greens, pellets, hay - has consumed water and done the thing that rabbits do best...pooped! So, based on the simple events I would say that she is fine. I held her for about 1/2 hr. just moments ago. She didn't purr! What?

I have a baby gate up at the door, to keep the cats out of Winter's room.
R I G H T ! I bet there is a cat in her room right now!

From what I understand from her foster mom, Winter was no slouch when it came to "owning" the cats in her foster home. My two are not aggressive, so I am sure Winter will scare the daylights out of the cats if they try anything.

I will take some photos once I re-rig the pen for Winter....so she can hop in and out of her cage.

By the way Jen, how did you guess, it is a washing machine! I thought I could save a few bucks and use my washer as Winter's cage...then just remove her when it is time to "do a load"...

Actually Jen, I spent a small fortune on that cage/hutch. It is on wheels, thus making it easy to wheel into the shower. The washing machine thingie is actually an "attached to the outside", nesting box. It locks on to a door (optional)....it has a tray under it to clean it from the outside....really neat. There is no wood on the hutch, just metal. I think Winter likes it as she hopped (hey, you might think she was a bunny) right back in to it........from her make shift corral.

Pictures to follow!

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO soft!

:cool:

PayItForward
11-08-2003, 06:39 AM
OMG , You have a bunny !!! Lucky Girl. Photos, Photos, photos :D

Welcome Winter, you have landed on your cute bunny feet with your new home. Waiting for a photo of you in your new home :D

Aspen and Misty
11-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Awww! And congrats! Bunnies really are the one of the greatest animals (shh don't tell the dogs)

We definitly need more pictures :D

Ashey

koxka
11-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Oh,oh, can't wait to see more pics and stories of Winter!

Juni and Millie got puffy tails?!? LOL, scary kitties. ..I'm sure they will be friends in no time.

And yes, sure they poop like like crazy, the good thing is you can use it to feed the plants right away.

Love the "washing machine" you got for her! :D

Welcome home Winny!

Karen
11-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Winter - I love the season, and now the bunny, too! Welcome to Pet Talk, Winter dear bunny. Tell momma to buy you some nice parsley to celebrate your homecoming! ;)

luckies4me
11-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Aww, what a cutie! Looks a lot like Cookiebakers bun bun! :D Can't wait to see more pics!

sasvermont
11-08-2003, 03:19 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pb632c0d1f604c383694fa4498899eaf7/fa9cda1d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pa233475664c60330bf5213f62595fac3/fa9cda23.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p2fa2c362ffdf2a8c77d268f408230ec4/fa9cda2a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p14c3236d8fa28b92ee7a4a3877362ac4/fa9cda2e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p3c2c63035bc10c5f329c0b7a8976acd9/fa9cda38.jpg
I have since redone the living arrangement for Winter....$$$$$

Uabassoon
11-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Aww I love Winters fluffy ears.

luckies4me
11-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Not great photos? Their fantastic! What a very overly cute little bunny. Sooo swweet. Looks so fluffy. She is an angora right? I love their ears! :D

Pam
11-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Oh SAS I have been out all day and just saw these. What a doll baby she is! I think her ears look like they are being held up with pipe cleaners!! Are you sure she is real??!!!! :D :D

I love these pictures. I guess that is Juni on the top of the cage??? Oh I wish I could be there and witness the "intro," but we will just have to depend on you. More pics and "bunny tales" please! :)

jenluckenbach
11-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Excuse me, but, is that a piece of parsley stuck between your teeth, Winter?http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p2fa2c362ffdf2a8c77d268f408230ec4/fa9cda2a.jpg

Cookiebaker
11-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh my goodness, look at those fluffy ears!! What an absolute cutie pie!!!

Welcome home, Winter!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Miss Meow
11-08-2003, 09:25 PM
What a gorgeous bunny! Congratulations on your new addition :) I see curiosity got the better of your cats!!! ;)

Barbara
11-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Juni on top of the cage reminds me of Filou and his daddy walking around the big rabbit cages in their former owner's home. She is an author and photographer writing books about cats and bunnies (how to feed them, live with them etc.). I think Abys are not the big rabbit hunters. :D ;)

A good start for winter and Winter in Camp Vermont:D

sasvermont
11-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Juni and Winter were outside the cage, together just moments ago. Both were fine. I didn't want to push my luck, and as soon as Winter hopped back in her cage area, I shut the door, since Juni was within the outside fenced area, waiting to enter the hutch. Juni is very curious. Miley is amused, but not interested.

I am having a problem with the rabbit not using the litter box so faithfully. She was without a box for awhile when recouperating from her spaying, thus she has had a set back in her habits.

From what I understand, it will take a few weeks for her to get the hang of it.

All in all, Winter is very quiet, funny, soft and adorable. I groomed her a bit today. I will call my Vet in the AM and schedule an appointment for a check up......

;)

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Winter!!!:D Sallyanne, she's so adorable and cuddly looking. I also love her name. Congrats on your new addition!!!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2003, 07:24 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p2fa2c362ffdf2a8c77d268f408230ec4/fa9cda2a.jpg

OMG SAS!!! I don't think I've seen such an adorable bunny!!! Just look at those ears!!! :eek: :eek:

She is just the cutest thing, and I've probably missed the whole build-up to this since I don't visit the pet side too often, but it sounds like she'll be fitting right in real soon.

Congratulations, and welcome to PT Winter!

slick
11-09-2003, 07:51 PM
OMG SAS, I'm in love..............**sigh**

I've never seen a bunny with those ears!!!! Is that cuteness overload or what!!!!!:) :) I'd give anything to get a Winter hug right now. What kind of bun-bun is she??

captain
11-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Should make friends with Willow ......... also a very, very cute, fluffy eared bun-bun!

Tonya
11-09-2003, 11:01 PM
OMG! Winter is so cute that she doesn't even look real! I have never seen a bunny like that, I guess I've been sheltered. That is a great name for her too.

p.s. I thought it was a washing machine too. lol.

LoudLou
11-09-2003, 11:44 PM
OMG! I don't think I've EVER seen someone as cute as Winter!!! I used to watch Fraggle Rock and she reminds me of a Fraggle....I love Fraggles! But Winter! I adore Winter!! :D

shais_mom
11-10-2003, 12:53 AM
She is beautiful!! I am with Debbie, I don't get to the Pet side often either and TOTALLY missed this!!!
Congratulations new Bunny Mom!:)

sasvermont
11-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Well, today I removed the fencing from around Winter's hutch and left her have run of the room, with the door to the room, locked closed. (Don't want any horror scenes upon my arrival home...)

Winter is adjusting nicely and getting quite territorial. She has tried to shoo me away from her spot a couple of times and has gone after Juni Rose a couple of times too. She will be fine.

Winter's litter box habits have improved a tiny bit and I trust they will continue to improve. I have been reading up on how long it takes to train and retrain a rabbit and it will be awhile until she regains her past training.

The one thing I don't want to do is over feed poor Winny. So she has a ton of Timothy hay and just a bit of pellets.....some greens...just mostly hay!

All if running smoothly....

Oh, one funny thing happened....while I was cutting away some of her long hair, she had her ears back, and I mistakenly cut the hair on her ear tips! I am so glad I didn't nip her ears at all, just the hair.

She loves to run around her room - 100 MPH.....she is hopping her way into my heart.

:cool:

Pam
11-10-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont

she is hopping her way into my heart.:cool:

:) and into all of ours too! :) Thank you for the early morning report. It sounds like she will do fine. I am sure a lot of us will be learning about bunnies right along with you. :cool:

Rachel
11-10-2003, 07:05 AM
I agree with the others. She is just adorable....almost too cute to be real. (I have this mental image of you repositioning a stuffed bunny and taking pictures of it.) Also you couldn't have chosen a better name and I absolutely love Winny for a nick name.

Winter sounds like she will add a lot of fun and activity at Camp Vermont. No, it won't be a dull Winter this year. Congratulations on the new addition to your family

Logan
11-10-2003, 07:44 AM
Oh, Sallyanne, she is adorable!!!!!! :) Welcome to Pet Talk, Winter!!! :)

Vermontcat
11-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Sas, I love the photos and I am so happy that Miley and Juni are getting along with her so far.:)
I just love her fluffy bunny ears!:D
Do you have any more photos?

Daisylover
11-12-2003, 11:17 AM
I hate to keep repeating the same old, same old, but she IS absolutely adorable and those are one set of terrific ears!!!!!
:D Congratulations Winter, you are a lucky gal indeed.

sasvermont
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
It seems that every day I learn something new about what meets Winter's needs. She is using the litter box more now and I have been giving her full run of the one room, sans the cats. She is fine with the cats, but a bit tense. I want her to relax and bond with me, then I will let the cats and the bunny play. I am not sure if I will ever let them be together without being supervised. I will revisit that subject later.

Winter is funny, no doubt about it. She and Juni like to play.

I will try to take more photos this weekend, in the day light.
;)

Vio&Juni
11-13-2003, 01:42 AM
AWWWWW, what a funny buny! I've never seen ears like those :)

Congrats SAS, I found out by chance.

More pictures! Of Juni Rose too ;)

sasvermont
11-13-2003, 05:52 AM
It is hard to believe that almost one week has gone by since I picked up Winter in Massachussetts. She is doing nicely, and seems to be happy. I will spend more time with her this weekend, without the cats being around. I surely hope Juni and Miley give up trying to sit in Winter's face all the time. I suspect it is the novelty of her that attracts them. They all seem to be friendly - just need a little more relaxing...

I promise more photos, especially after Winter gets a good grooming.

:D

gini
12-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Winter, you have stolen my heart.