PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAPPENED ?????

lizbud
10-03-2001, 09:45 PM
Am I having a senior moment or what??
What happened to the threads on DOGRESQ'S
Hope,or Aly's posts on Mocha? There seems to
be more than a few topics missing here..

Karen
10-03-2001, 09:47 PM
DogResq's posts on Hope start in here: http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000118

aly
10-03-2001, 09:54 PM
DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH!!!!!!!!!

I think I know what happened to my post. I was in a hurry this afternoon and went to edit my post, but I bet I accidently clicked the delete check box too! :eek: :mad: :o :rolleyes:

lizbud
10-03-2001, 09:56 PM
GOSH..Sorry Karen,I will delete this subject. Thank You..

lizbud
10-03-2001, 10:04 PM
On second thought maybe I should leave it
till tomorrow in case someone wants to
check up on Mocha & can't find the post.
Sorry Guys.

mugsy
10-04-2001, 11:56 AM
Wow, liz, you are such an observant Hoosier!! You make us all look good! ;) :p I don't have the Mocha update but I have the Unbelievable for Hope. And NO you didn't have a senior moment...those are reserved for me in that I found out yesterday that I can't go back to teach until after Thanksgiving and I am forced to sit at the computer all day in order to remain at least minimally sane!

lizbud
10-04-2001, 01:03 PM
Mugsy,
Are you a substitute teacher,or are a leave
of some sort? Too bad you have to wait so long; but think of the 'lesson plans' you'll
have ready to go...
About last night's post...Welllllll, I was
very,very,tired & there WAS a full moon & I just got new glasses.(Can I stop now?)
Just wanted to check for any news on Hope
or Mocha before I went to bed....

P.S. I did try to delete this topic this A.M.
but it keeps telling me I'm not authorized to
delete.

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

mugsy
10-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Liz, I'm a 7th and 8th grade Social Studies teacher at a middle schools in Fort Wayne Community Schools...now the largest school system in the state...we now beat out IPS!! Our latest acquisituion, Sophie, was being chased by George and I wasn't paying attention and got in their way and Sophie hit me full speed in the leg and broke the tibia in the ball of the bone in the shape of a "V" and then broke down the leg. I was in surgery for 3 hours and in the hospital for 5 days. They put a metal plate on the side of the bone and put 7 screws through the plate and bone. Also, the top part of the bone has spider fractures that I have to be careful of. The Patellular Tendon also started pulling away from the patella. Sooooo, as a result I'm off work for 3 months. Everyone asked if we were going to get rid of Sophie...sheesh...some people! Well, I'm sure that's probably more information than you ever wanted, but that's what happened. Anyway, I hope Mocha gets adopted soon...it sounds like she has a serious case of kennel aggression....get her adopted and that will probably dissipate. Hope, well, my prayers are coming long and hard that her sugar is regulated by the 31st so she can have her surgery and is able to see the angel that saved her. :)

Daisy's Mom
10-04-2001, 07:59 PM
Oh my gosh mugsy! What a horrible story! I hope you are feeling better!

lizbud
10-04-2001, 08:10 PM
Mugsy,
Hey Thanks for the update.Wow,are you able
to get around at all or do you have to sit
most of the time? I'm so sorry to hear about
what happened.Did someone really ask you
about getting rid of Sophie? Geeze !!
My brother & his wife are teachers(not IPS)
but local private(Catholic) schools here.
Their daughter just graduated from Marguette
U. & is doing her student teaching in
Milwaukee.
Well, I agree with you about Mocha; just
getting out of that kennel and starting to
adjust to a normal life with loving people
would do her a world of good.(I miss her pic)
Hope also strikes a special chord with me,
I pray with all my might that she overcomes
her illnesses and gets time to enjoy her life
with Julie & her gang. She couldn't be in a
better place.I'll keep praying for both these
special little fur-kids...
Talk to you later. Liz.

aly
10-04-2001, 09:36 PM
YOUR PRAYERS WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all 100000000000000000 times for your support. Mocha WILL NOT be euthanized!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been talking closely with several rescue groups, all very nice and willing to help, yet none able to actually take her in at the moment. However, the same girl who was going to originally foster her decided that she will foster and just keep her seperate from the cat. Maybe if all works out, she will even adopt her. I cried tears of joy when she left and the manager said, "Mocha has left the building!" :D :D :D I love that sweet girl and will be taking her Sunday for a play date with Reece! (Lolly has to stay home :( She had an intro with Mocha and was scared to death of her).

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/cz/AA/fz/nL35808.jpg

Here is my next sweet one to get into rescue, as I think he will be going "kennel crazy" very soon. He's been at the shelter a long time too, and was adopted once but returned. He is just a doll. His picture doesn't do him justice. He's a lab/chow mix. So many people have such awful opinions of chows. They won't even listen to me try to explain anything about Bear. One of the rescues I contacted about Mocha is potentially interested in him though. Let's keep our paws crossed :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/3r/UZ/QN/v497904.jpg

Daisy's Mom
10-04-2001, 09:41 PM
I am soooo glad that Mocha is going to be okay! Thank God our prayers worked. Bear is beautiful. Good luck with him!

mugsy
10-04-2001, 10:38 PM
Yeah! I'm so glad to hear that Mocha is going to be ok. I sure wish all the unloved ones could find loving homes. And yes, I'll be ok. I can now bend my knee pretty well...the doctor was impressed. I am in a wheelchair most of the time, but I fake it on crutches once in a while. And yes, there were A LOT of people who asked me if we were getting rid of the dogs...obviously they are NOT dog people. Currently Mike is giving all 11 of them bathes. Sox was first and was seriously unimpressed about the whole process. I think at this point he's almost half done. He just walks out into the living room and asks who still has a collar on and grabs one and carries them into the bathroom (except of course Jazzy, the Dane). George, Vonney, Shawna, and Sophie are still waiting...I don't think I would say in breathless anticipation! lol

shais_mom
10-05-2001, 12:13 AM
Aly, that's great!!! I have been meaning to ask, but maybe I missed it. What kind of dog is Mocha? Is she a mixed?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
MUGSY!!!!
I had no idea you should have told us earlier and we could have swamped your inbox with ecards!!!! You poor poor thing!! Get better soon!!!

aly
10-05-2001, 12:40 AM
We have her down as a shepherd mix. We really aren't exactly sure though. She is definately a mixed breed several generations back.

mugsy - GET WELL SOON!!! I meant to tell you that earlier.

Gio
10-05-2001, 05:06 AM
Mugsy I'm sorry to hear about your leg. Get well soon!

AdoreMyDogs
10-05-2001, 06:28 AM
Aly: Yay! Hurray! Yahoo! Yippie! I am so glad to hear about Mocha! And Bear, what a beautiful ball of fluff he is...I am surprised he's still there, he's so adorable and cuddly looking. I just want to wrap my arms around him and give him a huggie. I will keep him in my prayers now.

Logan
10-05-2001, 07:07 AM
Aly, your newest project reminds me of Dexter, who I rescued last fall. Can you believe it has been a year?
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/Wa/ze/bW/cw24447.jpg

And Mugsy! My goodness!! I hope your recuperation is going well. Get well soon! :D Those charging dogs can be pretty rough sometime, as you now know. When my friend, Betty, had George, he saw something he wanted to chase, jerked the leash so hard that she fell and broke her collarbone and two ribs! :eek: Gotta be careful!!

Aly, I am just thrilled about Mocha!!! Made my morning to see your post.

mugsy
10-05-2001, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the good thoughts. The doctor said I'm healing really well, but still wants me off work for 3 months. I am now bending my knee and I can put 10-20 pounds of pressure on that leg. I never was in a cast because of the surgery-I was just in a brace, which I hardly wear at all anymore.
I will include Bear in my prayers now. It's always someone--unfortunately. Good luck to Mocha and I hope she is happy forever in her new home.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-05-2001, 10:00 AM
Mugsy so sorry to hear what happened. Can't believe people would ask if you are getting rid of the dog. That would be like getting rid of a member of your family. I do hope you are doing well, it takes a lot of time for the healing, but it sounds like you are up to it. Just think, three months of PetTalk. :D

Aly thank goodness Mocha is going to be in rescue, she just needs to get out of jail.
We will all pray that Bear will be adopted or at least also go into rescue.
Jackie

purrley
10-05-2001, 10:02 AM
Aly - I'm so delighted about Mocha - just shows to go ya - you can't put a great dog down :D

kobieeli
10-05-2001, 10:46 AM
Fantastic news about Mocha! We all knew you'd make things work out, Aly! :D

...and a big Get Well Soon to Mugsy!

Stenograsaurus
10-05-2001, 11:36 AM
Hooray for Mocha. Bear, you're next in line. If anybody can do anything for you, it's Aly. If she can't help you, nobody can!!

Mugsy, I'm so sorry to hear about your little accident. I hope you heal up fine. I'm sitting here with a bruised cheek bone because my dogs were playing last night and they jumped on the couch behind me. These are 75 and 80 pound dogs. I turned my head to tell them that I was there and Dakota jerked his head at that moment and hit me under the eye. It's still sore but after reading your story suddenly my little bruise is no longer painful.

mugsy
10-05-2001, 01:58 PM
Oh I don't know, Jazzy hit me in the nose last year and that REALLY hurt. She's 115 pound Dane so it hurt pretty badly. I hope you heal up too. Also, don't anyone think I don't jump on Pet Talk 8 or 9 times a day! lol So if anyone wants to come to Fort Wayne and visit me to keep my sane the invitation is open!! Just think you could meet my 11 kids! :p :p :p