PDA

View Full Version : What was your cat's name before it came to live with you?

NoahsMommy
11-07-2003, 11:52 AM
I have to say, I always think its funny how cats get their names. But what's cuter is what people name them if they are rescued...

Noel was called Zuni

Olivia was called Ebony

Micah was called Mike

What about you??

Soledad
11-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Bettie was named Bailey. And Boo was simply given a number at the shelter, which makes me a bit sad.:rolleyes: :)

moosmom
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Doogie was "Georgie"
MooShoo was "Spot"
Shortie Girl was Little Mews Faberge
Carly the Curly Girl was "Deena Monster"

The rest of my crew I named.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Called Eric and he said Tinky didn't have a name at the pound...

and Jupiter was Jupiter... my sister named him...:)

Maresche
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Hana was Hemlock at the shelter. No wonder she wasn't adopted by someone else in the year + she was there. Who would take home a cat named after a poison? :rolleyes:

ChrisH
11-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Ebby was named Ebony ...... but just lately, and I have no idea why, I have been thinking of her as Emma, I am wondering whether to make the change....

kuhio98
11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
We don't know what Halo's name was. She ended up at the shelter at 9 months old. No one knows what her names was before and they didn't bother to name her. She answered to Halo right off the bat -- she's a very smart girl.

Cammie's name at the shelter was Roberta. She never answered to it at all. The shelter told us she was 2 or 3 years old, but we could tell she was older. The vet confirmed that she is at least 10 years old. Who knows what her name was before -- she keeping it a secret. But, she answers to Cammie now.

RedHedd
11-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Aw Noah looks so cute is his orange Hallo-witch costume!

as for my cats .... I think I answered this on the other thread, but what the heck

Mitzi was named Sweet Pea

Mishi was Mishigaas.

11-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Maya's name at the shelter was "Pitou" :eek: , which is a dog's name here....! I have no idea of course what her name was in her first family, but I am very happy that we chose the name "Maya" for her! It is a sweet neem, for a sweet little girl:) :)
http://members.lycos.nl/plaatjesparadijs112/hpbimg/plaatjes331.gif

aly
11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Both my cats came off the street so they didn't have names.

My dogs were both from the shelter though:

Reece's name at the shelter was Paul Smith :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: (the 5th time he was returned to the shelter, they changed it to Paw Smith).

Lolly was Lolly at the shelter and I kept it since I adopted her at age 5 and she knew her name.

sirrahbed
11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
another fun thread!!
RB Bert was "Samson"
RB Ernie was "Bandit" (patch over one eye!)
Eliot & Emily were "Louis & Lucy"

My RB Ernie (1986-2003)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p0e7dd26d50752978f10f084f75129f11/faf4b76a.jpg

HayleyRosie
11-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Hayley and Mandy were both bought from a pet store and they didn't have names. My husband named them.

Uabassoon
11-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Corkscrew was Corkscrew, I loved the named so I didn't change it.

Tibby was Judy.

boscibo
11-07-2003, 01:47 PM
I only have one cat that had a previous name - Abby was "Sparky".

Samantha Puppy
11-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Sherman was Sherman from the beginning.

jenluckenbach
11-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Amber was Cleo (YUK)
Ashley was Quilt
Calvin was Wilson
Fern was Brown Sugar
Jim was Smudge
Kim was Lilly
Rutherford was Jelly Bean

the rest either had no name or I kept their name the same.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Tubby was Bitsy! :eek: :eek: Little did she know that he would turn into the Tubster himself. ;) :D

Peanut was Peanut when I met her. I don't know where her first mom got her, or if she had a different name at that time.
:)

Prairie Purrs
11-07-2003, 03:01 PM
The shelter where I got Kacey and Kiri had given all the kittens "Winnie the Pooh" names, so Kacey was Rabbit and Kiri was Kanga.

cubby31682
11-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Cubby was Billy Bad A$$. My mom named him that because he didn't care who he attacked. I of course had to change his name. I didn't like using my dad's first name for my cat. Kinda made me feel a little weird since he passed away.

Katie

catlover4ever
11-07-2003, 03:13 PM
I actually have no idea what Smokey, Tucker, Mystic, or Abner were called, I did not adopt any of them from shelters...instead they all found me after they were abandoned. The person who abandoned Mystic had already her "fixed", BUT if I had to guess what their names were they would be...Smokey was probally called Cry Baby, Tucker would have been called Grouchy, Mystic was probally Chubby or Tubby, and Abner was probally called Mouth.

PayItForward
11-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Georgie was named CPC (After the multistory carpark he was found abadoned in :mad: How could he with no hunting ability and very few teeth survive on his own :mad: Poor baby boy.)

Milly was called Edwina

Milo kept his name, I thought it suited him.

Treacle was called Sooty.We didn't like the name and changed it to Treacle in memory of Caramel, our nearly cat.

Bramble had no name as we found her under a bramble bush.

Tigs or his full name This is getting silly was originally named Scott (They had all the kittens named after Big Brother people in the English TV show)

Kirsten
11-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Aysche, Katz and Luna had no other names before, but Lily was named Paula.

Kirsten

BastetsMum
11-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Bastet was:

Argyle Princess Valley called Lockyer (yukko)

Now she is:

Argyle Princess Bastet Desertsands

Or simply:

Bastet :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Milly was called Edwina

:eek: :eek: I had never heard the name Edwina used for a cat before until I came here and met Ms E herself, so I'm surprised to hear there was another Edwina out there. :)

jazzcat
11-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Jazz was Chrissy
Scout was Goldie
I got Ripley as a kitten and named him

My dog Disney was named Spice and her sister was Sugar.

shais_mom
11-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Kylie was named Kylie. I kept her name the same.
Jen, I LIKE Cleo!! :) ;)
Even tho she wasn't a cat my RB greyhound's name was Tara when I adopted her. At the time I worked with a lady whose name was Tara and we didn't care for each other. ( I still work with her, but we like each other now :rolleyes: :eek: :cool: ;) :p )
I KNEW I didn't want my sweet dog named THAT, so I renamed her something pretty. I wanted to name her Peta b/c it means Golden Eagle, and she was gold and graceful as an eagle, but decided on Shaianne.

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Storm was Storm and I thought it was a nice masculine name so I kept it. I don't know if it was his original name though.

My RB Pepper was Chocolate.

Sunny didn't really have a name. They called him Mr. something or other. I've forgotten. He loves his name Sunny.

Cirrus was Flint. He was also called Rocky from his previous owner.

Sky was called Herman. Yuck!!!

BastetsMum
11-08-2003, 01:59 AM
My name is Peta! I am always interested in its meaning. I was named Peta by my Dad who had a Maori friend who said I looked joyful.

It means Golden Eagle in which language Shais_mum?

In Maori it means *Joy*. In Greek it means *Rock*.

shais_mom
11-08-2003, 01:03 PM
Bastet's Mum,
BLACKFOOT (Indian) is what my book says!!

prechrswife
11-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Saphirah owned my husband before he and I got married. He tells me her original name was Alexander, which is very odd, considering she is a she.

Chloe came from the pound, and she did not have a name there.

Samson found us, so we have no way of knowing what his name was. (He also came to us already fixed, so he probably had a name at some point in his past. We are still trying to figure out what kind of person could have dumped such a great cat. :confused: )

sasvermont
11-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Miley is / was Miley
Juni is / was Pink Paw
Graemer is/was (RIP) .... was Grunther

Winter is/ was Lulu

Barbara
11-09-2003, 05:11 AM
Tigris was Blacky
Filou was Solo (in his passport;) ) and Mini (nickname)

IttyBittyKitty
11-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Pixel was named "Leila"
Randi was named "Stargate XOXO HUGS"

Craftlady
11-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Butterscotch was called "orange cat, Tom Cat" at the apartment complex we first lived.

Thumper was called "Erie" at PetSmart.

Skinny was always called Skinny cat. :)

trayi52
11-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Well Grover was about two weeks old when I got her, and she came out of a trash can at the school after some of the older boys there had been using her as a football, so I decided to call her Grover, of couse the grandchildren wanted this name for her, so thats how she got her name. Buffy, my Chihuahua, got her name from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I wanted her to have a strong name, because I lost my first one Tito while she was giving birth, and then my second one Heidi, was killed by a Doberman, just seemed like they just didn't have any fight in them to live, so thats how Buffy got her name. The rest of my crew was named by the family, where they got the names, I have no idea. Thin air?

CatDad
11-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Well,

Bob was called Anikan, from starwars.
Joey was Joey, no change

:D