PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I'm so excited!

slleipnir
11-07-2003, 08:48 AM
A little while ago I asked for some help in writing a letter to a kennel I -really- wanted a job at. I sent it along with my resume yesterday, and guess what?! She calls me this morning!! She thanks me for the treats I sent for her dogs! (Thanks for that idea Karen!!!) She said she got the feeling I really cared for animals. She says shes looking for someone part-time but maybe not till the end of nov when the kennel is finished. She asked me to come by sometime and see her and the place to see what I thought and if its still sometihng I wanted. So I think I'll stop by today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe she called me so soon! I was sleeping when she called, like totally out of it, till my dad said who it was ;) I'm SO excited, so hopefully she want to hire me after she meets me. She seemed really nice :D:D

Rio and Me
11-07-2003, 09:19 AM
good job!!!
you will really enjoy working at a kennel!!!
What type is it ? Boarding/stray etc?
i love the stray part at my kennels, we get to name them a play with them extra and stuff its fun and sad whe they find there new forever homes (its not to bad because we NEVER destroy a dog).
some dogs i get to take home for a day trip kind of thing they really enjoy that!!!.
let us know how it gos
Ky and Rio

Samantha Puppy
11-07-2003, 10:00 AM
Awesome. :)

slleipnir
11-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Its a boarding kennel. I just got back from meeting with her. She said I was the 3rd she'd met with/interviewed. She said she got more resumes but only picked 3 so far! By the things she told me, I thinking she might want someone older, which kinda sucks but I hope she'll think about it. I'm going to call her next week about it to let her know I was thinking about it and really want it :x Wish me luck! The kennel won't be finished she thinks till nearing x-mas so I'll have to wait and see :x

Rio and Me
11-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Well there are more kennels around!!!
good luck

tatsxxx11
11-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Good luck, Audrey!!! I worked at a boarding kennel/training facility for 3 years and it was so much fun! Hard physcial work but great fun. I couldn't wait to get there in the morning and wake up all the sleepy puppers!:D And I went home worrying about them all:) If you don't get this one, don't give up! And perhaps she'd be willing to keep your application on file. Kennels always need extra help on holidays and during the summer. There were tons of teenagers/young people working at my kennel part time/after school. All paws crossed!:)

Karen
11-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Visit whenever you can (not more than once a week or so, though), just to bring treats for the animals, and see how it's all going. That way you make more of an acquaintance with her, and you keep your application in the forefront of her mind. That will help her see, also, that you really do want the job, and are not a "flighty" person just because you are young!

bluekat
11-07-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm so happy for you!:D Sounds like fun, I'd love to work at a boarding kennel too. and the one you'll be at is new too! Good Luck!:D:p

anna_66
11-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Good Luck Audrey, I really hope your the one she picks!