PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarrassing Moments

K & L
11-07-2003, 08:20 AM
What was some of your most embarrassing moments your cats caused you?

Since I'm feeling down today over Roxie, I'm trying to think up some fun/humorous moments. Here's a couple of mine:

One of mine is TODAY. The weather here in AZ has finally cooled down enough to actually wear a light jacket in the early morning. I start work at 6:30 a.m. so am leaving the house rather early and need one. I keep all our sweater/coats/sweatshirts in our hall closet along with some of the plastic filing drawers (which the cats will go hide and lay on top of them). After a rough morning with poor Roxie, I tiredly grabbed my jacket, threw it on, and came to work. I went to hang the jacket on my coat hook here and OMG!!! cat hair everywhere! Then I looked down on my clothes and I was covered in hair. Thank goodness I carry one of those tape rollers with me. I folded the jacket up in a ball and stuffed it under my desk! I guess since we don’t have carpet, their not allowed on the living room furniture, they have to shed it somewhere!!!

Another moment was when we had guests for dinner and one of the cats proceeded to hurl a huge hairball right by the dinner table!!!

sirrahbed
11-07-2003, 08:25 AM
oh no...should i repeat this??? <gulp> Ok ....an old cat we used to have - our RB Bert, loved to dig in the trash. One morning I was having a group of ladies over for Bible study and he struted in with a (used) kotex!!! Omegosh!!:o :o :rolleyes: :eek:

Logan
11-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Ha Ha Ha!!!!! Both of you are too funny!!! :D

I guess my most embarassing moment with Butter has to be when I was on my 2nd or 3rd date with Scott. He had slipped off his shoes and was sitting on the sofa, with his leg hanging over the side (he was already quite comfortable in my home, obviously)! But Butter snuck up and was so tempted by those toes that he jumped up and bit him, right on the big toe!!! And Butter bites HARD, even when playing! :eek: I feared that Scott would leave and never come back! Thankfully he did!!! :D

The other embarassing moment that I remember is dog related, not cat. When Scott and I were on our very first date, I was a bit worried about him finding out how many animals I had, especially not knowing how he felt about them. So I waited until after we went to dinner to introduce him to Honey and Lilly, who were in the backyard. We walked out, and up walked Lilly, happy as a clam, with a rat in her mouth!!! It was dead, and the tail was hanging out the side of her mouth! :eek: Well, Scott won me over at that moment because while I held her still, he pried the rat out of her mouth!!! :D

I apologize to my rat loving friends. It is something I have had to get used to with the high prey drive of my dogs and cats. And by the way, Scott and I were married six months after that first date and now we have an even larger "crew" than I had then!

Vio&Juni
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Juni had a weird habit for a while - she would dig in my lingerie drawer.
One time I came in the evening with someone - all my lingerie collection was exhibited in the middle of the room. I don't know what that guy thought about me :D

catmandu
11-07-2003, 09:51 AM
The late Mr. Scrappy sealed his fate at the house that he was living in , by drinking the gravy , right out of the boat. Right in front of the guests! that why he ended uo in the PetStore!My moment came when Pouncer decied when she wanted a potato Chip , at a party , and picked her own out of the bowl!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2003, 10:04 AM
I can't think of any embarrasing moments with my two...yet! But I sure love reading all of yours. They are all so funny! :D

Logan
11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Juni had a weird habit for a while - she would dig in my lingerie drawer.
One time I came in the evening with someone - all my lingerie collection was exhibited in the middle of the room. I don't know what that guy thought about me :D

OMG!!!!! :eek: That is too funny!!! :)

Randi
11-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
One time I came in the evening with someone - all my lingerie collection was exhibited in the middle of the room. :D
SO funny! :D :D

The most embarassing moment here was when he had some dinner guests from South Africa, they were here on business and I had never met any of them before. One was a friend of John's family and he didn't know them that well either.

All doors were open in our flat, as Fister likes to be able to run free in all rooms. The moment they walked in, Fister decided to go and make a poop right in the middle of in our bed. Looking out at us while he did! OMG!! Well, at least it was a hard one which could be removed without much fuss.

By the way, I still wonder if it was beacause of the guests or if it was because some visiting children had been sitting on that particular bedsheet a few days before.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Vio, that ligerie story gave me the giggles - maybe the date thought you had laid out a show!!!!

Ally really embarrassed me a few weeks ago. My kids are friends with the children of a couple who both teach at their school (It's a VERY small island and only had two GCSE curriculum schools - so you get to know everyone).

Anyway this child's mum had come to fetch her son after a sleepover. She had just been to a henna salon and had henna painted on her hands and feet. Ally took one look at this woman's feet and attacked them!!! She was really nice about it, but I was so embarrassed!

aly
11-07-2003, 01:08 PM
One of the first days I had Shiloh, I found a weird bump on her. I was extremely worried about her because she was so sick when I found her. I threw my shoes on and rushed to the vet. I ran in there, pulled her out of her carrier in the waiting room and showed them the bump. I was a bit confused when they all started laughing ..... until the nice receptionist told me it was just her nipple :o :o :o :o :o

RedHedd
11-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Oh geez. This is REALLY embarassing. My RB Goldie was very sick her final months with me. She had diarrhea all over the place and kept me busy cleaning up after her. I had an evening speaking engagement and did my best to dress nicely, high heels and everything and dashed out of the house to the meeting place. The evening went fine, my talk went well. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I had stepped in "something" before leaving the house and it was all over my shoes! :eek: :rolleyes: I just hope no one noticed -- :rolleyes: Now I always check before I leave the house to make sure I have no icky evidence of cats anywhere on my person. .... cat hair is OK; heck, cat hair is FOREVER! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by aly
One of the first days I had Shiloh, I found a weird bump on her. I was extremely worried about her because she was so sick when I found her. I threw my shoes on and rushed to the vet. I ran in there, pulled her out of her carrier in the waiting room and showed them the bump. I was a bit confused when they all started laughing ..... until the nice receptionist told me it was just her nipple :o :o :o :o :o

That happened to my family too! My first childhood pet (and constant companion) was a handsom little mixed-breed called RAGS.

One day, when he was still quite young my dad found a "tick" - and being unable to remove it (OUCH) we took Rags to the vet, where he tactfully explained, that, as with humans, even BOY dogs have nipples!!!

He was an amazing dog. When he was about 5 months old he was savaged by the dog next door, who jumped the wall. I beat off the other dog (I was 11 at the time - I can still remember it like it was yesterday), and as I ran away holding Rags his insides were spilling out. My Dad arrived home right at that second and we rushed him to the vet. I held him the whole way in the car. The vet operated, and Rags lived to the old age of 14 years!

BastetsMum
11-07-2003, 04:21 PM
My former potential in-laws were highly religious of the christian variety. I am of course, pagan, so when they came over I hid all my non-christain stuff in the bedroom. Bastet, being a kitten at the time (she reckons thats her defence) decided to drag out the alter cloth with a pagan symbol on it onto the dinner table and proceeded to sit on it for my potential inlaws to see. Suffice to say I never got married to the gentleman i was living with but I still have Bastet :D

Tonya
11-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Those are all great! My dogs have humiliated me several times, but I don't think my cats have. The worst is just having guests get up to leave and noticing that their backs are covered in cat hair.

Tonya
11-07-2003, 07:34 PM
We'd always free fed Raven with no problems, so the first year we had Ron, we did the same. He was already chunky when he got him. I'm partial to big kitties, so I kind of allowed it at first. Well, he got REALLY fat. His fatness practically happened over night. He was so fat that his feet would kick his stomach and his stomach would sway while he ran. Anyways, one day, he had an especially rough day while we had company over. First, he was sitting in the window behind the couch and his fat bootie lost balance and he fell though the screen. (Which by the way my husband STILL hasn't replaced that screen. :rolleyes: ) I had to go outside to get him. Lol. Anyways, I guess he lost his composure because right after that he tried to jump on top of the table and totally bit it. He misgauged the distance and hit his belly on the edge of the table. I know this is mean to laugh, but he laid on the ground on his back and made these funny moaning sounds. It was the first time that our friends had been over and they were not pet people at all. They probably thought that our cat was the biggest idiot. lmao.

Tonya
11-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Correction: My husband says Ron was uncoordinated not because he was fat but because I'd put him on a diet. Lol. Mike says Ron was famished at the time. I couldn't find a diet food that Ron liked so I had given up and decided to just make him eat the diet food. I figured that if he starved long enough, he'd eventually eat it. (Which he never did. :rolleyes: )

CatDad
11-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
[B]That happened to my family too! My first childhood pet (and constant companion) was a handsome little mixed-breed called RAGS.

One day, when he was still quite young my dad found a "tick" - and being unable to remove it (OUCH) we took Rags to the vet, where he tactfully explained, that, as with humans, even BOY dogs have nipples!!!

This is still embarrassing, but at least I am in good company.:D

I did the exact same thing with Bob. I was rubbing his belly and I found a bump. I got really worried and called the vet and they told him to bring him down.

My vet is fairly close, so about 10 minutes later we were looking at Bob's belly. The vet handled it well, and explained to me very calmly that male cats had nipples too. She showed me that he had a matching bump by his other leg. The vet tech just started to laugh, smiled at me and left. I thanked the my doc and we went to the reception area, the vet tech had went and told then entire office. Almost all of whom had to come and give me a hard time about this.:o That was the most embarrassing part.:o

I probably need to explain, this is not the meanest vets office in the world.:eek: I know almost everyone there by first name, I was in there once every 3 days for about 9 or 10 months. So it was not like they all decided to pick on the stupid owner, whom they did not know. Thinking about it now, it may have been better if they didn't know me. Then they would have had to make fun of me after I left.:eek:

Well at least they didn't charge me for the visit.

Baby Leila
11-07-2003, 08:19 PM
My most embarrassing moment cuz of Leila and Mischief was when we had our X-mas party we were all eating and all of a sudden Leila jumped up on the table and started strutting around and showing off when we here a loud ripping noise! :eek:
we ran into the other room and Mischief was tearing a present and the present was a giant cat nip ball with little mice under it! i waasssssssssssssss sooooooooooo embarrassing:eek: :eek:

Vio&Juni
11-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Vio, that ligerie story gave me the giggles - maybe the date thought you had laid out a show!!!!

What made it worse, was that he was not my date. He came in for some documents I prepared, so you can imagine...