PDA

View Full Version : Hi, This is my first post!

subwayseries
11-06-2003, 10:55 PM
I just discovered POTD recently. What a fun place! It's great to read about all the different breeds, and I've gotten some great pet advice lurking the regs posts. I really like this site.

It's been a year since a Toy Poodle made POTD. I might submit mine when I find a decent picture. It's too bad the search engine didn't sort by pet type, lol. I'd love to read about the other Poodles out there. Is mine the only one who thinks he's a German Shepard?

Later,

subwayseries

tikeyas_mom
11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
hahah,

hey welcome to p[otd!!!! your poodle is very cute, I wish her luck for being dog of the day :)

aly
11-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi ! Welcome to PT! Its always great to meet other Poodle lovers :D :D :D

I have a mini Poodle (prob mixed with Bichon) who is my little angel! He doesn't think he's a German Shepherd, but he thinks he's a person :D His pic is in my sig.

I hope you like it here and continue to post. There are a few other Poodle moms here who will jump in soon I'm sure!

subwayseries
11-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks, TM. Your pet family is pretty cute, too. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk! :D Your poodle is adorable!
My name is Julie and I am owned by 2 dogs, Daisy a Golden Retriever, and Molly a Sable and White Rough Collie. (you can see them both in my signature) I also have a 9 month old Pied Cockatiel named Piper, 2 cats named Angel and Dillian, a hamster named Neko, and 6 desert tortoises! :D

I hope you stay, this is a great board! :)

Kfamr
11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is KayAnn or Kay, whichever you prefer.

I'm owned by two pups which neither are Poodles. One is a German Shepherd, Pit Bull mix and the other is a Lab/ Who knows what? mix. :p

Their names are Simba and Nala and can be seen in my signature! :D

subwayseries
11-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome, aly. Reece was the last mini to be DOTD (I looked). He looks like a real trooper.

My dog is 13, and he's never let me brush his coat without a fight. I can brush his teeth, but if the fur brush comes out, so does the growling and the snarling. (It's too cute when this 5 pound pup starts to act like a wolf, lol.)

Any way to teach this old dog a new trick? My groomer bills are almost as high as my Direct TV.

KYS
11-06-2003, 11:08 PM
A very warm welcome to Pet Talk subwayseries.
Toy poodles are one of my favorite breeds.
We have a few poodle members here.

Karen :)

stacwase
11-07-2003, 06:39 AM
Welcome!!!

I don't have poodles, but I do have a dog who never used to let us touch him with the brush. We finally got him to be good for it. I had my son sit with Jake's (my sheltie) head in his lap and a bag of treats between his legs. Jake smelled the treats so strongly that he was focusing on them more than on the brushing. Every few strokes I'd have my son give him a little piece of a treat. I did that several times and now he knows brushing is actually pleasant, and he enjoys it.

The only part he still worries about is brushing his butt. I must have scratched it sometime, because he gets very scared about that part still. So I have to give him a little massage to get him relaxed, and then I start massaging his back legs and when I get close to his bum and he's still relaxed, I verrrrry slowly and verrrrrrrry gently brush his bottom, while talking softly to him.

Can't wait to see more pics of your doggie!

ChrisH
11-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:D Looking forward to hearing more about your handsome poodle boy! :)

Linda York
11-07-2003, 09:27 AM
:D Welcome to PetTalk!!! My name is Linda, I live in Valencia, CA and I have three mini doxies, all boys. Oskar, Macs and Mr. T. This is a great forum, full of a lot of great people and pets. I hope you post often and send pictures of your little guy. What is his name? Again welcome to you two!! :D

CJ7Boomer
11-07-2003, 10:06 AM
:D Hi Welcome to Pet Talk:D
My name is Melanie, i have a dalmatian named Lou Dog.
youre poodle is such a cutie! hope to see more pics soon!!

subwayseries
11-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi again, and thanks everybody. It's nice to have such a great welcome, especially from the regs. I work for a Web based Sports Network, in charge of their message boards. I'm used to having to censor a few innappropriate posts almost daily. It's nice to read intelligent posts by nice people here and not have to deal with flamers and such.

My dog's name is Sunbeam (I found him playing in a Steam Iron box 12 years ago). He is a rescue pup, and he's 13. I never would have thought of having a Poodle, but I'm hooked. They're really smart dogs. Sunbeam can understand dozens of phrases, and will do almost anything for a piece of chicken.

BTW, I'm 45, married 21, and my name is Tim. I'll figure how to update my profile now. :)

Kendra
11-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Welcome, from another new member!

It's good to see a new poodle lover. My miniature poodle, Jean Paul, is a little guy with a big personality! -Sometimes I refer to him as my monster dog!

Smilla
11-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Welcome! I own a Greyhound/German Shepherd mix named Lefty. He thinks he's all Shepherd.

Lefty was recently in an obedience class with a tiny, tiny black poodle named Shadow, who was not at all intimidated by the bigger dogs there! I wanted to sneak him home in my coat. :)

My Peanuts
11-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Tim. You're right this is a fun place and the people are really helpful.

aly
11-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by subwayseries
Thanks for the welcome, aly. Reece was the last mini to be DOTD (I looked). He looks like a real trooper.

I actually haven't nominated Reece for DOTD yet, but there is one that looks just like him! :D All the past Poodles and Poodle mixes are sooooooo cute :)

clara4457
11-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! You are absolutely right - there is not the amount of flaming here that you usually see on most bulletin boards.

My name is Clara and I am the proud Mom of Leo a 3 year old a Rott/Chow Mix; Penny Lane a 6 year old ACD/Shepard Mix and Sam a 5year old cat (who thinks he's a dog).

Be warned - this place is very addictive.

;)