PDA

View Full Version : any updates

tikeyas_mom
11-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey any updates on the Vancouver pt meeting???

binka_nugget
11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Slick and I (and the pups) are going to the dog park this saturday to see if it'd be alright to hold the meeting there. So far, we *think* it'll be held in March. Other than that, there's not much to update on.

tikeyas_mom
11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
ok thanks..

My godmother, robin, her husban Brian, and their dachy otis are coming along with me and Tikeya :).

binka_nugget
11-06-2003, 11:22 PM
awesome! :D I'd offer my house to everyone but we don't have the room to take in everyone..if you and jordan wanted to stay here though..we could try working it out.

There are a few hotels around here. There's one that is 2 blocks away from my house. I'm not sure if they allow pets but I know that another one which is not much further, allows pets.

slick
11-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Likewise here. I'm in a condo and don't have a spare bed. Besides, one of the bylaws stipulates that no visiting dogs are allowed in the building. :( :( Don't ask, it's a long story. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

tikeyas_mom
11-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
awesome! :D I'd offer my house to everyone but we don't have the room to take in everyone..if you and jordan wanted to stay here though..we could try working it out.

There are a few hotels around here. There's one that is 2 blocks away from my house. I'm not sure if they allow pets but I know that another one which is not much further, allows pets.
robin and brian are going toi stay in a hotel to have romantic time ;).. and otis and Tiekay will be with me :) at ashleys

slick
11-08-2003, 06:36 PM
OK so Ashley and I just got back from checking out a potential park for the meeting. I think it will work out OK.

The off-leash area is a little smaller than I expected but there will be room for running and romping. There are some nice trails to walk and also some picnic tables under shelter where we can eat. Let's just hope for some nice weather.

More updates as they happen.

Tonya
11-09-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'll make it.

binka_nugget
11-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Awesome Tonya! :D

slick
11-09-2003, 10:31 PM
That's great news Tonya. The weather up here is pretty touchy until June. Sometimes we get a really wet Spring and sometimes it turns out to be OK. We'll just have to take it one day at a time. I'm thinking March or April.

Tonya
11-09-2003, 10:56 PM
My grandparents have an apartment there. I haven't asked them if I can stay in it, but I'm sure it isn't a problem. They're staying at their house in California right now anyways. I love Vancouver...I've been meaning to go there soon anyways. What better reason then a PT meeting?!

binka_nugget
11-09-2003, 11:20 PM
:D I can't wait! I'm getting so excited just thinking about it. Will you be bringing any pups along? :D

Tonya
11-10-2003, 07:46 AM
More then likely, I'll fly. I wouldn't want to bring my pets on the plane.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
I still don't have a way to go unless I forget about Timber. I reeeeally want to bring her though...If I take the bus, I may be able to bring the rats, but I'm not sticking them under the bus. And I'm not sure about having them around all them huskies! Lol.

So I'm going to try talking to my stepmom and seeing if she'll take me. That way, Leather may be able to come also, but I'll have to keep her away from the dominant dogs there.

CatDad
11-10-2003, 05:14 PM
I don't have puppies, but I would still would like to come.:) I live vicariously through other puppy owners.:D

It is only about a 3 hour drive for me. Let me know when and where and I will try to make it.

andrea_NMAggie
11-10-2003, 05:45 PM
me too! I have a cat, but she doesn't really like going to the dog park, so i leave her behind when i visit everyone else's dogs! maybe we can get tomkatzid to come too!

slick
11-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Sounds great!! I don't have any dogs either but like to think myself as an Auntie to everyone else's puppies.:) :)

binka_nugget
11-10-2003, 06:07 PM
:D Awesome! I had no idea so many people lived so close. Whether you're owned by a dog, cat, rat, lion, pig, etc..I'd love to meet each and every one of you. :)

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Where does everyone who's coming live? :)

binka_nugget
11-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Me and Oreo_290 are in Vancouver. If I can convince gone_doggin' to come..it'd be great. She's in Port Coquitlam.

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm going to see if my friend Ashley could come. I bet she'd have fun. :) She is Chibi_star.

binka_nugget
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Ohh..I love her name ;) lol

wolfsoul
11-10-2003, 06:41 PM
LOL...I wonder why... ;)

Any of you people from WA wanna come through the Okanagan? *hint hint* ;) It's only longer depending on what way you come lol. I'm only 4-6 hours away from Van, depending on what way you take...It's not as long if you take the Cocohala (sp?).

andrea_NMAggie
11-10-2003, 08:17 PM
i'm in federal way, washington, only like a 3 hour trip away from vancouver...

tikeyas_mom
11-10-2003, 08:21 PM
it is a 4 hour trip from kelowna to van, I am bringing Tikeya*husky* and otis *dachy* both are dogs ;)..

slick
11-28-2003, 11:53 PM
I found out today that our offices are moving mid February so that means I'll be tied up until probably end of March so was thinking the meeting could be in April. At least that way the weather will be decent.

tikeyas_mom
12-13-2003, 01:18 AM
April wont work for me, because i have provincial exams in April :(..I cannot miss school.

tikeyas_mom
12-23-2003, 02:15 PM
any updates???? :confsued: I am brining oscar and tikeya now :p

slick
01-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Due to my work schedule it looks like it will have to be the 3rd week of March but will let you guys know. Keep your fingers crossed for sunny weather.

wolfsoul
01-03-2004, 09:40 PM
That week's free for me considering that's spring break, lol. :) I'll be gettign a ride with Jynnelle. Unfortunatly none of my pets will be able to attend, but I'll bring lots of pictures. You can see Timber as a baby. I also have one of Leather as a baby, and a few of baby Icarus. I don't have a scanner so you guys can feel special to be the only Pet Talkers to see them lol.

binka_nugget
01-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Lol, I can scan the pics for you so we can show the other pet talkers :D. What should we do for food? Everyone brings something to share?

wolfsoul
01-03-2004, 10:03 PM
oooh Yaay! I'm going to bring a million pictures and force you to scan them all! Lol.

I'll bring dog treats. They are actually rat treats...but, same thing LOL. Timber loves them. ;)

I'll also bring some money so that I can kinda buy my own food while I'm at your place. I don't want to eat you out of house and home. I tend to do that lol. :o

binka_nugget
01-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Lol that's actually a good idea only because our house has NOTHING but rice. Lol, unless you don't mind rice...we can go to mcdonalds which is only a couple blocks away (woohoo!).

wolfsoul
01-03-2004, 10:23 PM
I hate rice LMAO. :o Guess it'll be fast food for me! ;)