PDA

View Full Version : airline giving away free tickets to aussie

carole
11-06-2003, 08:08 PM
I am so excited our local airline freedom air which flys out from my city, is giving away free airline tickets to australia on monday as their 8th birthday promotion, there is 5,000 to be had, and I am gonna try my hardest to be one of them.

You have to book it on the internet, and I am sure the lines will be chocca, it goes from 10th nov midday to 11th midday, so I guess I have to try all day and night to get them, but I am determined to try, I am very lucky with winning things, especially on the radio, and have won heaps of prizes, so I am hoping my lucky streak holds with me, its for travel next year may-june, so that would give us time to save for the rest and get the passports in order.

WISH ME LUCK my PT FRIENDS, will let you all know if I succeed.

boscibo
11-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Can anyone enter? Or is it just for you guys down under? I'd love to visit NZ and Australia.

dukedogsmom
11-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I want one! I'm taking vacation in January. Would love to see the country and hear all those great accents.

captain
11-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Carole,

You better be coming to visit me!!!!!!
Melbourne is the destination you want (although I think Freedom only fly to Brisbane .......?)

dukedogsmum - you are welcome anytime, mate! G'day, and all that :D

carole
11-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Sorry my american friends, its only in NZ, and its not a competition, you just have to be in the first 5,000 people to book your tickets, and if so they will pay for them.

Unfortunately it is only the Gold Coast Freedom fly too, but hey I would not be complaining about it, I really have to toss up whether to try or not, because I will still have to come up with accomodation, spending money for the 4 of us, I would probably have to get a loan to do it, so I may not go ahead.

I guess I just let the excitement of it all get away with me, I have the weekend to decide whether its a good idea or not, it will save us around 1600 dollars and that is not to be laughed at.

ramanth
11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
GOOD LUCK! :D

lynnestankard
11-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Oh Good Luck Carole. I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed over here!
Hope you get a freebie.

Lynne

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed over here!

Lynne

lol,

Keep it up and your eyes are going to stay that way!

I have ALWAYS wanted to say that;)

Good luck Carole-

no jumping in the house should you win....

I feel 'parental' today...:eek:

Logan
11-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Good luck, Carole!!!! :D Sure wish you could fly this way!!!! I have many furry ones and feathered ones that would welcome you!!! :)

Randi
11-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Go for it!! ;) .... and I hope you'll have a wonderful trip!!

A newspaper here once had an offer for VERY cheap flights to various destinations. A different destination every day of that week. The telephone line was open every day from 14.00 so we called them from a minute before and kept re dialling the number. We managed to get through for the 2 destinations we wanted - Barcelona and Madrid. :D 10 min. later, they were all sold. So we went to Barcelona that year in September and Madrid in October. :D

This was before we got Fister. ;)

carole
11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks Guys, I am still tossing up whether to try or not, but its so darn tempting, I have been feeling excited ever since, and looking up accomodation there, gosh there is an abundance of really neat places to stay at good prices too.

I guess its a bit like an adrenalin rush for me, thats why I used to do radio competitions, I won 1100 dollars once and many smaller prizes, and concert tickets to see Ricky Martin and The Eagles, I could go on and on because I have won so much, infact to be honest I went into retirement for a while, and have been ever since, as I felt guilty winning so many things, and felt mean, so as to give others a fair chance. Honest.

Some people bungy jump off the skytower for the adrenalin buzz, me its the winning comps etc that does it.

All you wishes will help for sure, should I go ahead. cheers everyone.:)

11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Go for it, Carole!! Australia is beautiful :) :)

RICHARD
11-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by carole

Some people bungy jump off the skytower for the adrenalin buzz, me its the winning comps etc that does it.

And I worry about you jumping in the house:eek:

GO FOR IT!!!

captain
11-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Carole,

DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! :D

Miss Meow
11-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Carole, go for it! If you win and don't want or need the tickets, they would make a wonderful gift for your neighbours or anyone you think would like a holiday :)

carole
11-09-2003, 04:26 PM
I AM GOING TO DO IT. infact I am just killing 20 mins before I go to the website, geez I am so excited, my heart is pumping, I am going to try for tickets for my parents, they go every year, We think the timing just is not right for us financially right now, BOO HOO, but hey I just have to have that adrenalin buzz, and at least try., apparently as you make the booking, it will come up with a zero balance if you have them, WISH ME LUCK ok bye for now, oh BTW you cannot give them to anyone else, as they will only be given to the name on the website you book the tickets in.

carole
11-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Stink, I have just tryed, and I cannot even get into the website, there are so many people online, and I don't have the fastest connection either, so folks looks like I am not even going to get a chance, oh well life goes on.:(

Miss Meow
11-09-2003, 06:08 PM
I hope you get on!

If you do, www.wotif.com has a huge $1 accommodation promotion in Australia at the moment. My office buddy and I have been trying to book some all morning! There are heaps of hotels on the Gold Coast that are participating, and some really good ones too like Conrad Jupiters!

carole
11-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Thanks Nicole, will keep that in mind, i have been trying for nearly four hours now and still cannot get into the site, however I got half of it, the bit you put your bookings into and then search for your flight, then it would go no further, talk about fustrating, oh well one has to try at least, thanks again and cheers.