PDA

View Full Version : Microchipping cost

wolfsoul
11-06-2003, 03:35 PM
If you have microchipped pets, how much did it cost?

I was watching the news and they said that it was $20, but I read a website that said they paid $75. :confused:

After I move out, Sara and any future dogs/cats will be microchipped, so I'm just wondering what the average will be. :)

Kfamr
11-06-2003, 03:39 PM
The shelters here do it when they get the dog in. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Daisy's was $20 dollars, and her's was done at an animal fair. I will be getting Molly one soon, hopefully the next time she goes in for a check-up. :)

wolfsoul
11-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
The shelters here do it when they get the dog in. :)
Really? I wish the shelter here did. But the shelter here is evil. Grr.

Timber's was done before she we got her, so I'm not sure how much her's was...

Julie -- glad to hear it weas that cheap! I hope I can get it done for that much. You'd think it would be a high price for such a neat little thing.

Kater
11-06-2003, 04:20 PM
We had Nipo microchipped at a Humane Society microchipping event and it only cost $5! When we adopted her from the Humane Society microchipping wasn't as mainstream and they hadn't microchipped her before adoption.

I think we had Jack microchipped at the Veterinarians so it probably cost significantly more.

Our Humane Society also microchips all outgoing animals at the same time they are spayed or neutered.

boscibo
11-06-2003, 05:19 PM
My vets charge $35. $30 for the procedure and $5 to activate the service.

binka_nugget
11-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Kaedyn was done at the shelter before we got him. I wanted to get kai chipped while he was in for neutering but I didn't have enough money. Their vet charges $40..which is reasonable I guess.

wolflady
11-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Wow! :eek: Some of these are really great deals! My dog Priya is microchipped, but all animals that come out of the local animal shelter here are microchipped. The adoption fee I paid was $100 and that included: microchipping, 2 DHLPP, 1 Rabies, Spay and of course the dog herself, which is a really good deal.

At the vet office where I work, we charge $45 for microchipping.

Logan
11-06-2003, 08:43 PM
I paid $50/dog for mine to be microchipped.

Shelteez2
11-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Emily was microchipped by the breeder before we bought her because in Canada for a dog to be sold as a purebred it has to be registered and to register a dog it needs to be identifyable either by a microchip or a tattoo.
I got Clipse microchipped when I got him and it was around $20 but I was working in a vet clinic at the time so I know I didn't pay whatever they'd normally charge.

binka_nugget:
You don't need Kai to be put under to have him chipped. You can just save up enough money and get it done at his next vet appointment :)