PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching JOE AVERAGE

carole
11-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Yeah I am a sucker for all these programmes, Joe millonaire, the bachelor, etc etc, this programme just aired on nz network, last night, I have to say I think its going to be the best one ever.

Now I am not a raving beauty like our girl , but even I would not date those guys, going by looks only, of course, however I reckon she got rid of the more endearing ones so far, oh well its only a show, but gives me a giggle, how about you are you watching it, or have seen it yet?

tomkatzid
11-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Saw the ads, looked really funny. Keep me posted, as I am at work when it's on.
Katz

carole
11-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Will do, she got rid of the only one guy in MO that should have gone, the other three were kinda better looking than the ones left behind, it is a fun show though.

To be honest calling it Joe Average, is a bit harsh on the average looking bloke, because to me most of these guys would be rated below average in my books, well below., now this is going on looks only, mind you most of them did not appear to have great personalitys yet, maybe they will shine through later.

isis
11-06-2003, 04:22 PM
I don't watch stuff like that. I think its dumb, but thats just my opinion.:rolleyes:

carole
11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey no problem, thats ok, these shows are kinda dumb, but thats why I like them, because they are light-entertainment, sometimes a laugh, takes me away from the more serious side of life, however I do enjoy such a wide variety of TV, from serious documentarys, to dumb stuff like Joe Average, each to their own .

aly
11-06-2003, 07:53 PM
I went to juinor high with David Smith (Joe Millionaire) and he dated my best friend.

carole
11-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Wow Aly thats so cool, he was very cute, but didn't he turn out to be a bit of a jerk in the end.

aly
11-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeah he was a punk in juinor high. He got in a lot of trouble in high school and got sent off somewhere, haha.

He's not the brightest bulb in the box.

wolfsoul
11-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Yep, I'm watching it. :) I couldn't care less for the shows where they use the "pretty people." When they use average people, it makes it alot more interesting and real. THIS is a reality show!

dukedogsmom
11-06-2003, 10:10 PM
I think they should be using an average female, as well. Most men expect to get women that look like models, no matter what they look like. I'm not watching it. Just saw the previews.

wolfsoul
11-06-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I think they should be using an average female, as well. Most men expect to get women that look like models, no matter what they look like.
You mean not all of us girls are naturally perfect?! :eek: ;)

Kfamr
11-06-2003, 11:11 PM
I can't stand the shows like that! :p

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Carole, I watched it and thought it was hilarious. :D I agree that most of the guys are below average in looks. It reminds me of "The Revenge of The Nerds" movies. I think that the woman let some of the better looking guys go in the beginning so that more geeky guys are left for entertainment value.

I'm also a huge "Bachelor" fan too. :)

binka_nugget
11-07-2003, 12:53 AM
I love "reality" shows. Survivor, the bachelor, joe millionare, average joe..you name it! They're beyond stupid..but I just can't help it.

carole
11-07-2003, 03:00 AM
binka_nugget you couldn't have worded it better, that's exactly why I end up watching these shows, I see I am not on my own,these shows dumb or not usually have high viewer ratings.

I tune in for a bit of a laugh and as I said before some time away from the serious side of life.

Ye either HATE IT or LOVE IT I guess.

tomkatzid
11-09-2003, 01:57 AM
The first show was aired again tonight. Too funny. So we're hooked. Now I will have to tape it. Can't wait till the end show. Do you think she will really like one??
Katz

carole
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Well he will have to have an exceptional personality, to win her over, she is beautiful, and could get any guy, so he would have to be something really special, so far I have not seen that from any one of the guys, so it remains to be seen.

From the shorts of the next show it looks like she becomes mighty friendly with some of them, there is also a semi=nude shot of one of the guys getting into the spa I think, never was on the other shows lol.

Time will tell, but like all the others their relationships never worked out, so this one would have less chance probably IMO, Have the bachelorette and her partner got married yet, I forget their names.?

krazyaboutkatz
11-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by carole

Time will tell, but like all the others their relationships never worked out, so this one would have less chance probably IMO, Have the bachelorette and her partner got married yet, I forget their names.? Do you mean Trista and Ryan? No not yet. I think they're supposed to get married sometime in late November or early December. It's supposed to be on t.v. Also Andrew and Jen are still engaged but I don't know when they're getting married. I think they're living together now though.

Rachel
11-10-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by carole
Wow Aly thats so cool, he was very cute, but didn't he turn out to be a bit of a jerk in the end.

Carole, I bet you are thinking of the first Joe Millionaire. The one that is on now...the cowboy, seems like a nice guy.

carole
11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Yes Rachel I do mean the first one, we have not seen any other Joe Millionaires yet, so there is another one coming, kewl, can't wait, got my days mixed up , its tonight is the screening of average Joe, should be fun.

Rottieluver45
11-11-2003, 04:55 PM
DENNIS!!!!

He was soooo sweet! She shouldn`t have eliminated him!! Poor Dennis!! I wanted to cry for him but my sisters were in the room and they would`ve made fun of me!

Dennis, I hope you find a perfect wife!!!!!