PDA

View Full Version : Has Tina had her baby yet?

carole
11-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Now not sure if I have the right name or not, but I remember a PT member who was due to have a Baby Girl, she already had a beautiful daughter Kaitlyn, by now she would have given birth to her second daughter,and is no doubt real busy attending to her, but just wondered if anyone had heard , be nice to see pics of the newborn.

luckies4me
11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
She was due a few days ago and said if she had the time would let us know when she went to the doc's. I haven't seen her online the past two days so I am assuming she had the baby. :D

Tina, if you are reading this please let us know what's going on lol. We are all very anxious to see your precious darling of a new daughter! :D

Kfamr
11-06-2003, 01:42 PM
She was on yesterday to wish Pam a happy birthday, so I'm not sure! :)

carole
11-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Kewl, well she must be due any day now, exiting , looking forward to seeing her new daughter, so Tina if you see this, remember to put us all out of our misery, and POST PICS SOON as you possibly can ok, cheers.:)

Tina
11-06-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm still around:) No baby yet:( Maybe hopefully she will be born this weekend. If not then she will be here sometime next week forsure.

If I don't have the baby by Monday then they want me to come and get checked again. And they will schedule a day for them to induce labor. So we should be having a baby soon:D

luckies4me
11-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Ouch! I hope you don't have to be induced. It hurts like heck. Do you plan on going natural or using pain meds? Can't wait, I am so excited for you. I remember how very anxious (sp?) I was. I ended up going to the doctors and my cervix was thinning but I wasn't dilating. Because my cervix kept changing and I was having contractions they broke my water, and then wow, then the REAL contractions hit. Yowser! :eek: I went to 4 cm using the jacuzzi to comfort me and then opted for an epidural. I planned on going natural but my blood pressure was high and Dylan wasn't getting enough oxygen, so we didn't have much time for the labor thing. I remember after getting my epidural how I actually got to sleep for an hour, and it felt like I slept for 6 hours, as labor is sooooooooo long. When I woke up they wanted me to start pushing, bleck. I pushed for three and a have hours, and will never do it again. I had very poor help, and Dylan was losing oxygen. They almost had to give me a C-section and I sure wish they would have as Dylan came out blue and wasn't breathing. :(
They did have to do an episiotomy and I got 16 stitches! :eek: His head was just too big lol. It was 12 1/2 inches when he was born. :p

carole
11-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Geez Luckies4me, if that didn't scare the heck out of her, that was enough to put anyone off having kids lol.

Hey Tina don't worry the 2nd baby is usually much easier, my experience for my first was much like luckies4me, but hey I went on and had another, and so will luckies4me, us BRAVE woman always do lol.

Naturally its better not to have to be induced, but if baby is at risk , then thats the only way to go, they are not keen on letting babies become too overdue these days.

Whatever I hope all goes well with the birth, and so look forward to meeting our youngest prospective member of PT, your new daughter.

luckies4me
11-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Well she's been through it before, I'm sure this will be nothing for her lol. I can only hope that what people say about the second birth is true! :p

It would have gone fine had I had a competent doctor and nurse midwife. :rolleyes: They waited too long, and I am sure the experience would have been a lot different had I chose someone else. I do have to say though, that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I used to think there was no way I could have a baby, but even with my mess it's such an overjoyous experience and worth every penny IMO. Not nearly as bad as I thought. :D Hopefully I will have another. Shoot, wouldn't mind twins the next time around lol. I LOVE babies!

carole
11-06-2003, 07:35 PM
luckies4me, I can only re-assure you from my own personal experience, the 2nd one was a breeze in comparison, but everyone is different, my first experience was very traumatic, both for me and my baby, and like you, I put alot of it down to bad doctoring and nursing, but hey I survived it, had a beautiful son, and went on to have my beautiful daughter ten years down the track.

Luckily the mind has the greatest way of forgetting pain, thank goodness eh.

Tina
11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh, luckies4me can't scare me anymore then I am right now.:) I went over with Kaitlynn too. About a week over. Luckly she came before they could induce labor. I actually had a pretty good experience with having Kaitlynn.

I'm more scared this time then I was with Kaitlynn. I don't want to have to be induced. But right now seems like it may be the only way she is going to be born. And I'm so ready for her to be born!!:D I'm not sure if I'll get the epidural this time or not. I didn't with Kaitlynn. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

lynnestankard
11-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Tina - please don't worry I had one baby induced and the other normally - not much difference - and both labours lasted about 4 and a half hours! Good luck - fingers crossed. You'll be good.

Lynne

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-07-2003, 02:26 PM
My first one was hard - 23 hours, and I was groggy from the stupid gas...

The second was much better - I went to Lamaze classes and learned all the breathing etc, so it was totally natural and a bit quicker than the first - "only" 20 hours

You'll do great!!!

popcornbird
11-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Gee, having a baby sounds SO scary! :eek: I mean, pain-wise. :o :o No, seriously, you REALLY REALLY scared me LuckyDucky. Now I think I'll have to think 100 times before even imagining having a child when I'm older. Hmmm...........I don't think I'm that brave! :o

Good luck Tina! I can't wait till the baby arrives!

aly
11-07-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm about to faint just reading this thread. You all are much stronger than me! When/If I have children, I will need to be knocked over the head with a frying pan!

GOOD LUCK TINA! Can't wait for pics of your new darling daughter!

Tina
11-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Now see what you went and done Cass, you scared everyone!J/K;)

I think I'll be alright, I just hope they are right though. About the second babies being born faster then the first. Everyone tells me I'll be fine that I done good the first time. I'm just not as sure of myself.

I'll try and have pictures up of my baby girl soon as possible. I hope she will be born over the weekend.

luckies4me
11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Tee Hee. Well I hope everything goes well. :D

PCB, trust me, it's not as bad as you imagine. It's really not and once you see that baby of yours it's so worth it!

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2003, 11:15 PM
You may not have to be induced Tina because there's going to be a full moon on Sunday. I've heard that a lot of babies are born during a full moon. :) Good luck and please keep us updated.:)

lovemyshiba
11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Haven't heard from her for a few days.........

Cataholic
11-11-2003, 08:43 AM
Really, Tina....where are you!?!?!?! And your baby?!?!? Just cause you are overdue, doesn't excuse you from keeping us updated. We want to see a doctor's note!

Where is OUR baby?:D

micki76
11-11-2003, 09:15 AM
She was online yesterday. Maybe she's at the hospital right now! :)

luckies4me
11-11-2003, 10:12 AM
I am assuming she had her right? I think she mentioned something about being induced Monday and today's Tuesday. :D I want to know lol. Hurry up Tina and let us know. :p

CamCamPup33
11-11-2003, 10:25 AM
LOL catnip! Yes.. Where is our baby!! :p Hurry and get back tina and update us.. :p

popcornbird
11-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Where is OUR baby?:D

LOL! Yes Tina, where is OUR very special PT baby? Come tell us! Hurry hurry hurry! I can't wait to hear the news! :D

wolfsoul
11-11-2003, 02:07 PM
STILL no baby?? Stop being such a comfy home! :p

Aspen and Misty
11-11-2003, 02:52 PM
Tina ::calling tina:: Where are you? Where is our baby??? We need pictures!!!!

Ashley :D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Tina!! Where are you?! I'm getting impatient....:D

Kfamr
11-11-2003, 10:52 PM
"OUR BABY"????? Wow... I never knew one baby could have so many mothers. :p

Tonya
11-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Best wishes, Tina. I say go for the epidural. Jaden was 10 1/2 lbs natural. I was able to relax and enjoy the birth rather then deal with the pain. Let us know ASAP!

Stenograsaurus
11-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Having a baby is a very stressful time. When you walk through that door with the baby, it can be a bit overwhelming. Give her a few days to get adjusted. I'm sure she'll be on as soon as she can. Tina, I hope all goes well. I can't wait to see pictures.

Amber
11-12-2003, 05:03 PM
GoodLuck Tina!! Cant wait till we see the new PT baby!! :)