PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, Buddy

Sudilar
07-31-2001, 09:07 AM
Good luck, Buddy!!!! I hope your cruciate ligament rupture surgery goes well. We'll be thinking about you and liz. Let us know how it goes!!! Prayers are coming your way today.
Sue, Killian and Shiloh

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

AdoreMyDogs
07-31-2001, 12:27 PM
Hi Buddy this is Graham. My mamma tells me that you get the kroosheet leg mint surgery tomorrow. There was this other doggie at the doggie playground who had that same surgery done on her leg and she was limping for awhile but she came back after a coupla months and she was lookin and feelin reely good. I wanted to tell you to be brave, and also be pashent, it will be ouchie for awhile but less ouchie then it is right now. Everyday you will feel a lil bit better and pretty soon you will be feeling good and you will be able to run again. Something my mamma does for me evertime I have to go to the hospital and she has to leave me there is she puts a blankie or a sweatshirt that has her smell all over it and I could lay my head down on it and inhale really big and I felt better because I felt my mommie right there with me. It might be skary but the docters will take good care of you. Good luck, Buddy.
Your friend, Graham.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

jackiesdaisy1935
07-31-2001, 02:40 PM
Good luck Buddy, I'm sure you will feel a whole lot better when this is over and you are back to your ole self.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
07-31-2001, 04:12 PM
Bestest wishes that you'll be feelin reel good soon, and runnin and playin like crazy! Love, Star

Sudilar
07-31-2001, 06:09 PM
Any news on Buddy yet? Hope all went well.

lizbud
07-31-2001, 07:04 PM
Well i finally got the callback form the Vet Hospital...
It seems Bud had two problems.
#1 Cruciate ligiment tear
#2 Luxated Patella (dislocated kneecap)
Doc thinks it's likely that the second
problem caused the first.It seems a dog can
have Luxating Patella problem with only
a slight limp as the only outward sign.

Was told that Buddy's surgery went fine
and that he can come home tomorrow. YEA!!!
P.S. Buddy promtly announced his approval of
the vet hospital by takeing a Huge Dump in
the reception area...

THANK YOU EVERYBODY for your kind thoughts
and prayers.i feel like i have an extended
family 'out there'.It helps and i love you all!!!!!!!!

Rottie
07-31-2001, 07:27 PM
That's great news! Get well soon, Buddy. :)

Sudilar
07-31-2001, 08:43 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/dance.gif Glad it's over and it went well! Now comes the hard part, keeping him off his leg and keeping the bandage on!! Hang in there and please keep up posted. Hooray, Buddy!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-31-2001, 09:02 PM
We are so happy things turned out well, here is a Get Well wish for Buddy from Miss Daisy, Perry and me.

http://schnauzerville.homestead.com/files/dogginsniff_md_wht.gif

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Daisy's Mom
08-01-2001, 12:57 AM
Yay Buddy! I am glad it all went good for ya. In no time you will be back to your old self again! How wonderful!

Logan
08-01-2001, 09:00 AM
Lizbud, I know you are facing a long recovery with Buddy. Keeping those guys confined is not easy, especially when they start feeling better! I have several friends who have gone through recent hip and "knee" surgeries with their Golden Retrievers. They have secured very large kennels to keep their dogs in, so they don't move around too much, plus they take them out to potty with a towel wrapped around them to keep them from putting too much pressure on the bad leg. Are you going to have to do that?

I'm so glad that Buddy is on his way to recovery now. Good luck to you with the recuperation. He'll need LOTS of toys and love!! But I'll be he will be better in no time! :)

Logan

Stenograsaurus
08-01-2001, 09:35 AM
I'm glad the surgery turned out okay. Now comes the recovery. Good luck with that. Buddy, listen to your mommy. She's not trying to be mean by not letting you run and play. She's just protecting you.

Cinder & Smoke
08-01-2001, 10:42 AM
:) Hey BudMan ~ Smokey here ~

Ya home yet? Glad everything got "fixed" OK. Member - the more ya limp an akt "pained", the more treats and *skritchez* you'll get :D!

Tell me all about it when ya getz a minnit - I gotz a "trick kneebone" too, an Dad watchez me like a hawk! Iffin mine getz any worser he might take me in for the Sir Jury guy that werkz at Doc Mike's White Coat Lab ta "fix". I try not to limp much when Dad's watchin!!

Tell yer Mom extree treats will make you better kwikker!

RachelJ
08-01-2001, 11:39 AM
Oh, Buddy, I am so glad that is over and that you will now be on the road to recovery. We was thinking abut you all day yesterday. Now you get to be at home and mom can spend all day taking care of you, helping you get up and lay back down and get around and bringing you special treats for being such a good boy. :) A nice massage would probably help as well as you won't be getting much exercise. Don't feel too bad about what happened in the reception area. Those places can scare the poopies out of you!

Keep your tail up, Buddy, and tell mom to post some pictures of you recouperating.

Sudilar
08-01-2001, 12:52 PM
How ya doin' today, Buddy-Boy?? Hope you're feelin better. Hey, when that leg starts to itch, don't pull off the bandages like Mom said Avalanche did. They told her to put cayenne pepper on the bandage to stop her from pullin it off. HAH!! She ended up liking it and chewed up the bandage and had to be rewrapped!!! Silly girl. Good luck to you and relax!!!!!!
Killian

Albea
08-01-2001, 02:08 PM
Buddy boy:
It's so good to know the surgery went well and you'll be back home soon. :)
Carina and I send you best wishes for a quick recovery.Think how nice it will be in this hot weather to just take it easy inside instead of running around. ;)

tatsxxx11
08-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Buddy my man!! So glad to hear THAT'S all over and it's smooth sailing from here on! Now take it slow, and mind your mama! Soon you'll be back to your old self and better than ever! Love to Buddy from Sandra, Star and Cody.

lizbud
08-01-2001, 04:13 PM
Hi Everyone...
i went to pick up Buddy today but He could
not come home with me just yet..
He was beening released on an evaluation
signed by a vet tech person.(They said
Bud was able to get up to go out for a
potty break this morning)
When i got there and they brought him out
to the reception area and He just collapsed
on the floor and screamed with pain when
anyone tried to lift him..They tried the
sling like think under the belly to support
his back end...but didn't help at all.
A gurney like table on wheels was brought
out and two vet techs lifted him up onto it.
Bud absolutly could not take another step..
not even for Mom... so he was rolled on the
table back to his kennel and will be staying
awhile longer to recoop..
Bud & i weight about the same and there is
just no way that i could lift the Big Guy.
It broke my heart to leave him there,but
after seeing him in person decided he must
stay there until he can at least limp his
way out of there..

P.S. The surgery was scheduled for yesterday
morning but a 'hit by car'case came in
and all pre-scheduled surgeries were
delayed.His surgery was actually done
less than 24 hrs. ago.He needs more
time to rest up.(You should have seen
his eyes when they rolled the table
backwards instead of toward the front
door :(his eyes got Real Big & he whined
quietly) He wanted to go with me, he
just could not do it..i of course was
a total mess and sat in the car and
cried awhile before i drove back to
Indy.

Thank you everybody for your prayers.

Sudilar
08-01-2001, 04:32 PM
Oh, Liz!!!! How terrible and scary for you!!!!! I would have fainted!!! The best thing for him is to be in the hospital, if he can't walk. I know how hard it is with a big dog. With Avie, we had a heck of a time! He just needs a little more recoup time. Hang in there and send Buddy our love and prayers. Please keep us posted. Poor Buddy!!

Sue, Killian and Shiloh

RachelJ
08-01-2001, 07:38 PM
Oh, sweet Buddy, dear boy, makes me cry to think of him in that kind of pain. Like Sue, I would have fainted too. Maybe you should see if you can get someone to help you with Buddy when he comes home. I have a feeling that he may need some assistance for a couple days. In the end all will work out for the best.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-01-2001, 07:45 PM
Poor Buddy, I'm sure it will take some time for him to heal good enough to get going.
You must have been so scared, I know I would have been. Give him some hugs and lots of kisses when you see him from all of us.
Jackie

AdoreMyDogs
08-01-2001, 10:01 PM
I am so sorry. Poor Buddy. That must be so difficult and painful for you to witness :( I am glad they are keeping him a bit longer, as this will be his most painful time, and it's good that you don't have to witness the worst of it. I know I would rather my dog be in the hospital until he was at least limping.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Buddy for a quick healing process.

Daisy's Mom
08-01-2001, 11:56 PM
Oh Liz I am so sorry! That must have been so awful for you. At least he is in the best hands possible. Kisses to him, and big comfort hugs to you!

Gio
08-02-2001, 03:59 AM
Poor Buddy,

I will also pray for his speedy recovery.

Take care
Gio

CoraNewf
08-02-2001, 09:20 AM
:( Oh Liz....

I feel for you and Buddy. That must have been heartbreaking... it brought tears to my eyes just reading it. I'm so sorry he's having a tough time, but he's in the right place.

Our Sadie had ataxia, which was a side effect of the pheno barb. In layman's terms, Ataxia is a weakness of the hind legs. She could not walk without support. We had to use a sling. She weighed about 120, and there were times when she was like a dead weight. This took a toll on both my husband and myself.

Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers... good thoughts are coming your way from all the Millirons... canine and human!

One more thing? Our Newf Club is based in Indy, and we're over there alot! Several of our members talk about various vets in the Indy area. Which Vet did you use?

Annie

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-02-2001, 10:32 AM
Oh - how heartbreaking! I think I would have burst into tears right there in the vet's lobby! Poor Buddy! :(

Sudilar
08-02-2001, 11:56 AM
How's Buddy doing today?? Will he get to come home? Hope he is feeling much better. Good luck!! Prayers are flying your way!

Albea
08-02-2001, 12:20 PM
Liz: I'm soooo sorry Buddy boy was in such bad shape :( .I know how heartbreaking it is to hear a dog cry in pain and not be able to do anything about it. My thoughts are with you and the pup. Hopefully he'll be back home soon.

pepper636
08-02-2001, 03:36 PM
From a fellow Hoosier, I'm so sorry that Buddy had to go through all of this and you too. Will they let you visit him at the vet's even though he can't come home yet? That might perk him up a little. I'm glad the surgery went well and hope the recovery starts on its upward swing soon.

tatsxxx11
08-02-2001, 04:00 PM
How's Buddy today? Hope you're on your way home sweet boy. :( So sorry you had to have such bad ouchies. Lots of love to you and healing wishes :)

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Sudilar
08-02-2001, 04:44 PM
Any news yet, Liz??

lizbud
08-02-2001, 07:50 PM
Thank You Guys!!! for all the good wishes..

I called my own family vet here in Indy
to discuss some concerns i had with Bud's
'evaluation' prior to release from the hospital. I could not believe that any 'involved' professional could release him
to me or anybody else in the shape he was in.
His leg was not wapped or supported in any
way except internaly with pin & wires.
Most staff support people thought He had
only CLT repair and did'nt seem to know that
his knee(stife) had to be completly rebuilt..
I have TOTAL confidence in the surgeon
Dr. G. Timothy Lee (ortho surgeon) but have
real concerns with later evaluation before
releasing Bud.
My local family Vet(Dr Gerald McVeigh DVM)
said he would convey my concerns to Dr.Lee,
and call to check up on Him.
I decided Buddy should stay till Sat morning
when i can bring Him home & have help
available to get him out of the car
and safely into the house.i miss Bud like
crazy...(Keep emptying and refilling his
water dish every day)
P.S. The kitties miss Bud i'm sure cause
the've been a lot less rowdy lately...

Sudilar
08-02-2001, 09:29 PM
It is better to leave Buddy there til he is able to move around. They didn't wrap his leg? Avalanche was all wrapped up! Is he feeling any better? I know recovery takes quite a while. Were you able to see him today? I really hope he starts to feel good soon! My prayers are with you.

CoraNewf
08-02-2001, 09:29 PM
Hi Liz!!! :)

Just for the record.... heard many a good thing about Dr. Lee from my fellow Newfie Club members in Indy!

Continued good thoughts coming your way!

Annie

Daisy's Mom
08-02-2001, 11:43 PM
How is Buddy doing today? I am thinking about the poor baby a lot. Please keep us posted! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

KYS
08-03-2001, 08:15 AM
Poor baby,
Hope Buddy is doing better,
and will be home Saturday.
Lots of hugs and get well wishes.

lizbud
08-03-2001, 12:47 PM
Hi All...
Just thought i'd let you guys know that
when i called to check on Buddy this morning
they said Bud was much improved..They are
reluctant to go into a lot of details about
"the patient" over the phone which i guess
i sorta understand. Anyway they say that
he's acting a little better every day..
I'll be picking Bud up tomorrow morning..
i'm excited & happy that he'll be home again;
but am also a little nervous about it..
After work today i'm going two checkout
a few hardware stores to see about getting
materials to construct a temporary ramp
up my front porch steps (4 steps).

Thanks Everybody ...for your kindness & your
prayers for Bud and me.

Sudilar
08-03-2001, 02:59 PM
liz, I'm glad to hear that Buddy is feeling a little better. I think the ramp idea is excellent. It's a lot easier than lifting a heavy guy like the Bud-Man. Keeping him quiet is going to be the hardest part. Good luck and we'll be thinking about you!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-03-2001, 04:51 PM
Liz, glad Buddy is doing better, that had to be so scary, I'm sure it will take time and he will be back to his ole self. Just take one day at a time. :)

RachelJ
08-04-2001, 08:08 AM
Hurray, Buddy will be coming home today. I know it will make him feel better just to be with you and in his familiar surroundings. I have a friend who has a lab that had to have a similar surgery, and the first days at home were hard, but the end result was very successful. Please do not hesitate to ask your friends or neighbors for some help if you need it. I think people are eager to be of assistance if there is something that they can do.

Sudilar
08-04-2001, 08:47 AM
Happy Homecoming today, Buddy. Our thoughts will be with you. I know it will be hard for a while, but hang in there, everything will be fine in the end. Good luck, Liz!

lizbud
08-04-2001, 03:44 PM
Hi Everybody...BUDDY"S BACK !!!! YEA
Bud is very much improved since last time
i saw him.He can stand on all four legs now.
They went us out to my car to help him
get inside it.As we were walking the vet tech
pointed out to me that although she had the
belly sling on him for added support he was
indeed able to hobble along on his own..
I do see a LOT of improvement...but as
someone already pointed out'one day at a time'...
Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!! all you
Guys for the encouragement,support and prayers.
Please keep'm coiming...
P.S. Sue..The surgeon said that he did,nt
use the wrapping technique himself although
some doc's do.Says unwrapped,i can better
check for unusual redness,drainage,etc.
Was told that Bud had chewed out some of
his sutures and had to be restiched this
morning.(They sent home a e-collar to use
if necessary. but I was so excited about how
much better he seemed..i forgot to ask how
to use the thing) Well Bud is sleeping now
and i think i grab a pillow and join him...
Thanks again Everybody...

ownerof3dogs
08-04-2001, 10:55 PM
I am so glad to hear the good news. I hope he continues to feel better :D

Daisy's Mom
08-05-2001, 12:01 AM
Welcome home, Buddy! I am very happy to hear you are feeling a little better. Get well soon, Bud! Take it easy and dont chew on your booboos! Kisses from me and Daisy!

tatsxxx11
08-05-2001, 05:26 AM
Yea! Buddy! Hope that today finds you feeling even better! And as Bridget says, no chewing your boo-boo! :D Love and get well quick wishes to you sweet Buddy! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Albea
08-05-2001, 09:08 AM
Hi Buddy!
I bet you're happy to be home :D All your friends here are happy too for you and Liz.
Take it easy for a while and get well soon.
Hugs and kisses :)

KYS
08-05-2001, 09:09 AM
A big welcome home!
Woo Woo Woo.
Now make sure you stay calm,
well rested and give yourself
plenty of time to heal.
Hugs

jackiesdaisy1935
08-05-2001, 11:07 AM
Welcome Home big boy and it is so nice to know everything is healing well. You take it easy and take some naps along with your Mom and everything will be great. So glad to have you home where you belong.
Jackie

Sudilar
08-05-2001, 04:34 PM
How are you today, Buddy? I hope you left those stitches alone!! Rest and take it easy. We're thinking about you!!

RachelJ
08-06-2001, 06:59 AM
Hey Buddy, how you doing today? You are on the road to recovery now to you just keep your spirits up and eat your krunchies and soon you will be strong and ready to rip and run with the rest of them. Tell mommie to give you lots and lots of rubs and love from all of us here at Pet Talk. And remember...keep that tail up.

lizbud
08-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,
Bud is continuing to show progress(Thank God
for answered prayers) Some friends of me & Bud came over to the house & installed a ramp
(3 1/2ft wide X 9 ft. long) up the front
porch steps,and tacked down some old carpet remnants up the middle of the ramp.They had
it completed before Buddy & i got back home.
It was a real lifesaver & Bud took to it right away.The Doc says restricted activity
for 3 weeks & surtures removed after 10 days.

I must say to all you guys that i spoke
out of sadness ,anger & disappointment when
i posted those harsh words earlier about Bud's 'aftercare' at the Vet Hospital.
In fact medically speaking, he checked out
just fine. (and there were no surgical complications).In fact,the Tech staff were
just as suprised as me when he "balked at
the gate' so to speak.I was able to act calm
& collected & in the moment at the time.
(There was never any doubt that any animal
treated can stay as long as needed after
surgery.Until it is safe for them and
practical for their humans to take them
home. The Vet Tech Staff are very caring &
responsive,and knowledgeable when it
comes to the furry guys. i spoke harshly
and i am very sorry about it now...
The sounds of extreme pain that came from
my furbaby brought out the old "Momma Bear'
instinct i guess.Please believe me The Staff didn't deserve it & i'm sorry i said it.

Rachel..How did you know that Buddy's very
favorite thing is to have his chest stroked
and rubbed.(Puts him right to sleep)HEE HEE

tatsxxx11
08-06-2001, 06:08 PM
Bud...You must be one special pup! Your own welcome home ramp!! :D I am so glad you are feeling better and better every day! And liz, don't worry about your "harsh" words!! Your reaction is very understandable, considering your concern for your baby. All medical people understand that family's often react that way out of fear and stress! Please give the Bud Man a great big belly rub and lots of kisses!!! Love, Sandra Cody and Star

lizbud
08-07-2001, 12:45 PM
Tatsxxx11...
Thanks for understanding..Although i didn't
say anything negative in person to the staff
people..i felt since i had expressed my
feelings here, i owed it to the Vet Tech Staff to apologize here too...
Thanks, liz & bud.

CoraNewf
08-08-2001, 11:05 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Welcome home Buddy... so glad to hear that you're doing so well!!! And Liz... I know you feel bad about your negative thoughts.. but you said it yourself... the mama bear came out in you....
that's ok!!!!

RachelJ
08-08-2001, 07:36 PM
Tucker and Hannah send some slurps for Buddy, and we hope each day has less pain and more strength and mobility.

God bless your friends for building him the ramp. They are my kind of people.

Keep your tail up, Buddy.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-08-2001, 08:25 PM
So glad Buddy is doing well, what nice friends you have to build that ramp, Buddy must be very special to all of them. We all say things when we are worried and upset about one we love, it is the mama bear instinct that comes out at that time and who can blame you. :)
Jackie

lizbud
08-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Hi Everyone,,,
Just a note to say that the Bud-Man is
doing good.Every day a little stronger.All
the swelling around the surgery site is gone,
also the bruseing of the leg is fadeing away.
What stiches he has left are being taken
out by my local vet this afternoon.
Buddy really wants to go outside more often
& also enjoys just sitting out on the front porch (with Mom of course).The house sits on
a small rise(hill) & Bud can check out the
neighborhood scene.No walks yet..but he can
smell the outside air & hear the familiar
sounds of his other doggie friends.

Gio
08-10-2001, 10:42 AM
That's good news. Way to go Bud.
:)

RachelJ
08-10-2001, 12:15 PM
Alright Buddy! You are the dog! That porch sitting sounds mighty relaxing and a good place to recouperate. So get them stitches out and come on back home to survey your territory. I sure wish I could join you there on the porch.

Keep your tail up, Bud.

Sudilar
08-10-2001, 02:48 PM
So glad to hear that Buddy is doing so well!! Sit back, relax, be a couch potato for a while. It's great that the swelling is down and there are no problems. Sitting on the porch and watching the world go by sounds really good to me, too!!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 03:23 PM
It's so nice to hear good news about Buddy.
I'm so glad he is doing so well, there's not a better place on earth than sitting on a porch with someone you love.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
08-10-2001, 11:20 PM
Yay Buddy! You go dog ;) Get well soon!

tatsxxx11
08-11-2001, 07:44 AM
I can't think of a better way to recouperate than a little R&R on the porch, enjoying the view with your family! Soon you'll be up and running!!!! Hugs to you sweet Budster!

Sudilar
08-11-2001, 02:05 PM
How are YOU holding up, Liz?

lizbud
08-11-2001, 08:50 PM
Sue... i'm doing O.K. Thanks for asking...
Your question caught me by suprise . i really
had to stop & think about it for a few minutes..i'v been on 'auto pilot' for awhile
now.. Bud is feeling better every day and i
am so glad about that!!!
Being the only human species living here,
makes it a little stressful at times.i have
two grown children who years ago started
lives on their own.(one lives out-of-state & the other (daughter) give me moral support
They each have pets of their own.
But i rest when Bud sleeps.Feel kinda bad
about the kitties though..Don't get all the
playtime they are used to.ONE DAY AT A TIME
is my new mantra!!
Thanks to you Sue and all the other Pet
Talkers for the messages of kindness & support!!! I really helps.You'll never know
how much.
Thank You Everybody..from Bud & me...

Sudilar
08-11-2001, 09:31 PM
Good to hear that, Liz. I know how stressful it is on you. Each day will get better and better. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you and the wonderful Buddy.

lizbud
08-14-2001, 01:32 PM
Hi Everyone..
Bud's getting more & more like his old self.
This morning on 'potty break' he wanted
to leap off the side of the ramp, instead of
walking all the way down it.With his 'short leash' & beach towel sling around his back end, i was able to steer him down correctly.
i thought maybe he was just had to GO NOW!!
but on the way back into the house Buddy did
the same thing...tried to step back up onto
the ramp from the side (about 1/4 the way up)
Bud wants to be my shadow again & follow
me around the house or lie outside the bathroom door while i shower..,It is hard to
make him stay still & rest.But Bud is teathered inside except for "potty breaks'
He has plenty of room to turn around in,just
cannot wander around the house at will like
he did before.
P.S. Sudilar...My local vet removed Bud's
sutures 8/10/01, & also removed the staples.
which kind of suprised me.Did Avalanche have
both stitches & staples removed at the same
time?? (Buddy's surgery site looks good)
Just wondering? Say Hi to Killian &Shiloh.

Daisy's Mom
08-14-2001, 02:51 PM
I am so glad Buddy is doing better! Daisy and I have been thinking of and praying for both of you. Keep getting better, Buddy!

Sudilar
08-14-2001, 04:25 PM
Hi Liz and good ol' Buddy-boy. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Now's the time you have to really watch him because he feels good and thinks he can do everything. :rolleyes:

Avie only had stitches and was bandaged. They didn't use any staples. She took the bandage off and had to be rebandaged. When they took out the stitches, they left her unbandaged.

Killi and Shiloh say Ruff, ruff!

lizbud
08-21-2001, 11:58 AM
Hi Everybody,
Buddy has an appointment for re-check & release by the surgeon in Anderson tomorrow.
i think Bud is doing so much better, but i'm
still kinda anxious to hear the what the Vet
thinks..
It's been real nice "porch sittin" weather
around Indy for the last 3-4 days,especially
early mornings or right before sundown.
I have to remember to keep a firm grip on
Buddy's short leash even when he appears to
be totally relaxed on the porch(laying down)
If somebody comes along walking their dog
he smells them & immediately sits up or
stands up to "check them out" No barks,just
real wants to see who's passing by.
Well, wish Bud luck one more time for a
good checkup.(I know you already do)
Hope to post a little after we've get back
home tomorrow. Thanks, from Bud and me.

tatsxxx11
08-21-2001, 12:30 PM
Good luck tomorrow at the re-check appt.! Please let us know how it went. And of course, lots of hugs and kisses to brave, sweet, Buddy :) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
08-21-2001, 03:08 PM
Good luck, Buddy-Boy. I know you will be fine. Soon you'll be able to move around a little more. Keep us posted!!!!!

Sue, Killian and Shiloh

Daisy's Mom
08-21-2001, 05:02 PM
Good luck, sweet Buddy! We will say a little prayer for you. Please tell us how it goes!

KYS
08-21-2001, 11:14 PM
lizbud,
Will be thinking of Buddy tomarrow when
he has his re-check. Don't forget to write down any questions you might have for your
vet. I am sure the Bud will pass with flying colors. :)

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: KYS ]

lizbud
08-22-2001, 04:24 PM
Buddy did really well on our trip to Anderson. Dr Lee said Buddy checked out just fine!!The vet said to let Bud walk around
a little more outside.(backyard/with leash)
to help him regain strength in his knee.
Doc said to remember Buddy had two procedures done so give it a few more weeks to heal up
internally.The pin is still in place & Bud
did not make a sound when the Doc moved &
flexed the leg.i'm so proud of that pup!!!
If that were me that had the surgery..i'd
still be complaining loudly & popping those
pain pills..DOGS ARE GREAT!!! Kitties too!!

RachelJ
08-22-2001, 04:35 PM
Good boy, Buddy! What a super duper patient you have been. I know that you want to run and play, but you still got to take it easy. Now at least you can drag your mom around the yard on the leash. That will be fun. You and mom sure are going to have a lot of special together time through all this.

Keep your tail up, Buddy.

Sudilar
08-22-2001, 07:36 PM
Great to hear that Buddy is doing well on his long road to recovery!! Now he can get a little exercise! Continued well-wishes are coming your way!!

Daisy's Mom
08-22-2001, 08:44 PM
Hurray for Buddy! I am so glad he is feeling better. What a little trouper!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-22-2001, 09:32 PM
So Glad to hear Buddy is doing so well, Good for him. Liz please give him a hug from Daisy, Perry and me and maybe a little special treat for being so good. :) :)
Jackie

lizbud
08-23-2001, 10:58 AM
Jackie..
While waiting in the Vet's office yesterday
I got to see my first Standard Schnauzer.
He/She was a beautiful coal black color with dark eyes.I immediately thought of Perry & Daisy.(I know your babies are minis)But just
wanted to say how regal & beautiful the breed
is up close & personal.(Love the beards &
wiskers)

tatsxxx11
08-24-2001, 08:48 AM
Good job, Buddy!!!! You just may take the doggie "patient of the year" award! Now, take it slow and heal well! All my love to you and your wonderful mommy!

lizbud
08-29-2001, 07:27 PM
Hi Everybody...
Last night after taking Buddy ou for his
last potty break(it was after dark) we came
back up to the front porch to sit for awhile.
Bud & i sat down for some peace& quite time. NOT!!!
A opossum (young one) had come up the back side of the porch where i leave dry food for
a cat that lives next door.(Long Story)
When Bud smelled/sensed the intruder he
jumped up barking like crazy..It was one of
his 'SERIOUS' barks!! Bud has learned to
tolerate kitties in the house, and even the
occasional outdoor neighborhood cat that i
have introduced him to..but this critter was
just to much!! i had to drag in back into the house barking all the way. guess you could say Bud is feeling like himself again. LOL.. (The opossum(sp) did not move at all
and continued his/her meal after we went
back inside)
No more after dark outties for Mom..

Daisy's Mom
08-29-2001, 11:07 PM
Buddy, you silly boy! Take it easy, sweetie! I am so glad you are feeling better but you have to be careful now, okay? Doctor Daisy prescribes lots of napping on Mom's bed, 800 belly rubs a day, and kisses, as needed!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-30-2001, 04:44 PM
Liz I am so glad that Bud is doing so well, when our babies do well we do too. Give him a hug from us.
It's funny talking about an opossum, we live in the city and off our den we have a porch. One night the dogs were barking like crazy, not their usual bark we have a sliding glass door to the porch. I said to Don I'm going to see what they are barking at, I thought is was a cat. I shined the flashlight on the porch and I almost fainted, I saw this big furry looking animal with teeth so big that's all I saw was the teeth. I didn't know what it was and was scared to death. I called animal control and they said oh don't worry it's just a opossum they are all over and it will be gone by morning. Don got up and shut the blinds and that was that. I worried about it being there all night, by morning I looked out and sure enough it was gone.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
08-30-2001, 06:55 PM
Silly Boy!!! Be careful and take it slow until you're 100%!!!

lizbud
08-31-2001, 03:35 PM
Daisy's Mom,
I like Dr. Daisy's RX for Buddy!!!
Will follow it to a T..
Thanks, Bud & Liz

P.S. just added some pics to my Pets Page
at http://community.webshots.com/user/lizbud4

Daisy's Mom
08-31-2001, 06:40 PM
Buiddy is absolutely gorgeous! I love him! I hope he gets well soon. Yes, follow my RX and he will be better in no time :)

KYS
08-31-2001, 08:05 PM
Buddy you better listen to Dr. Daisy
or you might not get your 800 belly rubs a day. :)

lizbud
09-01-2001, 09:00 PM
I've noticed our Prayer Request List has
grown a bit in recent weeks, so if "eenybody
need um more" that's o.k. with the Bud-Man!!!
Bud is continuing with his progress back to
full strength ,thankfuly!!! Only use the
belly-sling on the ramp going down or up to
the yard.Bud walks on leash, but unaided around the side of the house & into His
backyard where we cover the territory
completely and Bud does his business...
Went out for a potty-break awhile ago
(after dark) but no opossum's sighted this
evening.(Thank You Lord)
Am doing double duty this weekend as my
daughter is enjoying a much needed long
weekend out-of-town with friends.GranMom(me)
gets to walk & feed her two doggies(Obie &
Coca Puff)..They are so sweet.. Obie was
actually my inspiration to get a Shepherd pup
of my very own ...

Albea
09-02-2001, 12:37 PM
Buddy Boy, it's so good to know that you're doing well enough to try tp protect your homr from all those wild intruders ;) Follow Dr. Daisy's instructions and you'll be fine in no time :)

kobieeli
09-02-2001, 01:31 PM
The Bud-Man is on the mend! Fantastic! :D

RachelJ
09-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Good on you Buddy. You must be obeying all the doc's instructions to be doing so well. I kind of got the idea that you were a pretty cooperative boy. It won't be long now and you will be ripping and running. Until then, keep you tail up, Bud.

tatsxxx11
09-03-2001, 04:32 PM
Just checkin in Bud-Man! Hope yer healin well and takin it nice an eazy! :) We send ya lots a love and licks and kisses. Check in when you can!! Love, Star and Cody

lizbud
09-04-2001, 09:17 PM
Hi Everybody,
Buddy seems to be doing well, it's slow but
steady kind of progress..He wants to run on
the outdoor trips but I have to remind him
to "take it easy", and "slow down"..
I'm taking this opportunity to also stop
feeding Buddy from the table.(terrible habit that I started a long time ago) It's hard to do, but it's all my fault for ever starting
to do it in the first place..Bud is very well fed , but sometimes I spoil him way to much.He is a very "pushy kind of fellow &
needs the word NO said & meant by me..
If he could, I sure he would have set a place for himself at my table a long time ago. Buddy gets extra praise,hugs & kisses,
but No people food!! I think this will really help with his weight problems..
Wish me luck to be firm about this!!!

tatsxxx11
09-05-2001, 07:47 AM
Hi Lizbud, Sandra, mother of Star, the pushiest lab on the block here! I feel your pain! I actually did once catch Star setting up her own plate at the table! :D And I know how hard it can be to be firm with the "no!" But most importantly, be consistent! Don't look at the sad, drooling face! :) Ignore, ignore, ignore!! Luckily, Star doesn't have a weight problem; just an ego problem!! LOL! Give Bud a hug, tell him to take it slow, and remember, TOUGH LOVE! :) Sandra

KYS
09-05-2001, 08:19 AM
Good work Buddy,
keep getting better, but be careful
about the running for now.
Pepper is pushy and spoiled too
so you two have something in common. :)
Good luck on your diet and tell you
mommy being spoiled is good.

Sudilar
09-05-2001, 05:50 PM
Good to hear that you're doing better, Buddy! Remember to still take it easy. Soon you will be up and running!

lizbud
09-08-2001, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
Was just counting the days since Buddy's
surgery(7/31) trying to gage his progress.
It's been 39 days.Bud's doing well(Thank God)
Buddy has been taking Cosequin DS for some
years now, but the vet is switching him over
to a new product call Synovi-MSM in a grandular form..Put it on his food tonight
and seemed to like it.. I was just wondering
if anybody else has used this product or
has any experience with Synov...Buddy has
done so well for years on Cosequin DS,but
this is suppossed to be even better for him.
Anybody know about this product???

P.S. No food from the table thing is going
better every day.I did give him a tiny piece
of extra-lean cooked hamburger IN HIS BOWL
after I had finished my meal & he behaved
himself will I ate it...

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-10-2001, 08:24 AM
I don't know about the Synov, but I swear by the Cosequin! My cocker was only about 7 when she started showing signs of arthritis. The vet put her on a daily dose of Cosequin, and we noticed a huge improvment within a year. My parents decided to take her off the drug, just to see how she would do. She was great - it's as if that year of being on cosequin cured her of her arthritis forever (well, until she was 12 or 13, at least!).

lizbud
09-19-2001, 02:59 PM
Hello Everybody,
Just thought I'd post to say that Buddy is
doing better every day. The weather is getting a little cooler (Bud's favorite weather) and he really gets all perked up on his outties. I don't use the belly-sling any more, and have switch to his regular
leash for outside trips.(Still use the ramp)
I know the Bud appreciates me using the
longer leash (more slack) while I pretend
to not be there,so he feels free to walk,
graze, or just sniff around the fence line.
He acts so much better,more alert,especially
outside.(He loves cold weather)AND when we
walk around Buddy definately keeps his tail
up & arched over his back. Buddy says to say
Hi & thanks for the prayers Pet Talk Pals!!

Sudilar
09-19-2001, 05:38 PM
Hooray!!!!! It sounds like Buddy is doing very well. I am so glad!! The hard part is over and all the Bud-Man has to do is keep getting better and better. Yipeeeee!! So happy to hear good news!!

Cinder & Smoke
09-19-2001, 07:38 PM
Hey Bud ~ That sounds like some really good news :)!

And we all could use some of that! :rolleyes:

Take it easy and keep up with the progress. We're all Praying for you! Yer Pals...

Daisy's Mom
09-19-2001, 09:29 PM
That's great! I am so glad that Buddy is almost all better. Kisses to him!

Gio
09-21-2001, 03:33 AM
It's always wonderful to get some good news.

RachelJ
09-22-2001, 04:26 PM
You are right! This is the best news and I know it didn't come easy. It must have been a lot of work to help Buddy through these difficult weeks. I'd nominate you for Guardian of the Day in a heartbeat. Hannah (the Polar Dog) likes the colder weather as well. Maybe by the time the snow flies Bud will be able to frolic once again.

Keep your tail up, Buddy! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-22-2001, 08:53 PM
Liz, glad Buddy is doing well, I think the colder weather perks us all up some. Give him some hugs and kisses from Daisy, Perry and me.

lizbud
09-25-2001, 07:44 PM
Hi Everybody,
I just had the worst scare of my life.
Buddy has been doing so well lately that I
decided to leave him un-hooked from his
thether line in the evenings when I am home & not busy going room to room(cleaning,etc.)
Well tonight after supper, Bud grabbed his
tennis ball off a low shelf & took off running thru the house with it.
One of bud's favorite games before his
accident was to take the tennis ball,run into
the spare bedroom where I keep the sweeper &
drop in in front of the sweeper and then
bark loudly at the sweeper(I swear he thinks
it's a living thing) dareing it to take the
ball away from him..In the game, that's when
I would call him back to me ,praise the heck
out of him & give him a dog bisquet..
I quickly(trying to act very calm) when to
the bedroom, took hold of his collar & walked him back into the dining room & gave
him his treat ,then re-hooked him to the thether line..Since today is the 3rd day
of letting him walk around a little & he had
been fine, I thought it was O.K. Bud has not even picked up a toy off the floor to play
for months now, this was totally unexpected.. Well I think I've calmed down
now so I think I'll just watch him sit &
rest for the rest of the evening...

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2001, 08:38 PM
Hey Bud ~

Sounds like a recovery-in-progress to us :D!

Did that ol' *rug sukker* give up? Glad yer feelin so good now, but you'd better *patter* round the house a liddel slower so's ya don't give yer Mom a heart flutter condition! :rolleyes:

Keep up wiffa feelin better stuff! :D

Daisy's Mom
09-25-2001, 09:08 PM
Oh Buddy! Stop scaring your mom like that! :) At least he is showing definite signs of his recovery!

Sudilar
09-25-2001, 11:22 PM
Hang in there, Buddy-Boy, soon, very soon, you'll be able to do that again!! For now, though, go slow!!!! :)

RachelJ
09-26-2001, 01:57 PM
Sounds like Buddy must be feeling pretty good. Does the vet say when he can resume such normal activities?

lizbud
09-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Hi everybody,
Buddy shows no signs of having re-injured himself last night.Talk about 'heart flutter'
After all the pain Bud's been thru..to now
have a setback would be awful.He did limp for
the rest of the evening and today.(I was home
a lot today because of a prescheduled Dr.
appt. for myself) Bus seems o.k. tonight,
he can walk without a noticeable limp.

RachelJ..
Buddy's Vet told me that because of having
to repair the torn ligiment and re-align the
bones in the knee & lower leg, to expect 3
months re-coop time before Bud could get back
to acting more like normal.. Obviously Buddy
does not agree !! LOL .. I just got so scared
that all the progress he has made would go
'right down the drain',and we would be back
to square one..

lizbud
10-04-2001, 12:46 PM
Good News Guys,
I just talked to Buddy's Vet.and he OK'D
Buddy for short walks in the neighboorhood.
(Only 1 block for now) but that's great,Bud
will Love it...He's been looking kinda
bummed when we come back in after his outies.
He has been wanting to stay outside longer,
and go a little further out of the yard for awhile now.
Can't wait to see his face when I go home
tonight and say the magic words..Hey Bud,
"Want to go for a walkie"??

RachelJ
10-04-2001, 12:55 PM
Oh, that is good news! I can certainly understand your concern about the possibility of reinjury. Whew!

Please tell us about the walk tonight.
This is one of Bud's pleasures that I want to share.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-04-2001, 03:17 PM
Yaaaaaa Buddy gets to go for a walk, I'm sure he will be excited when you get home and he knows he gets to go out for a short walk. Buddy, take it slow and easy and enjoy.
Miss Daisy and Perry.

Sudilar
10-04-2001, 06:10 PM
Yeahhhhh Buddy, you've come a long way!! Enjoy those little walkies! So glad you are doing so well.

lizbud
10-04-2001, 07:31 PM
Hi Everybody,
Buddy did GREAT on his walk.He got to sniff
every bush,pee on every telephone pole,and
generally 'check out' the neighborhood.Just
like 'old times'. When I got home from work
I just got his leash to take him out to the
backyard to do his duties.After we we left
the yard that's when I spoke the magic words.
Buddy got really excited(I knew he would)
and off we went..He did well, no limping
while walking,or after; but he is pretty
tired now.At least it's a GOOD tired and not
just bored..Thank You All for your prayers,
encouragement and helping me laugh at myself
through all of this.I can be a bit of a
worrier sometimes.
Much Love from Buddy & Liz.

Daisy's Mom
10-04-2001, 07:42 PM
What great news! He really has done so good! Buddy I am so very proud of you!

Gio
10-05-2001, 04:58 AM
Good job Buddy!!

RachelJ
10-05-2001, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by lizbud:
<STRONG>I can be a bit of a
worrier sometimes.
</STRONG>

Well, then you came to the right place as you've got a lot of company here.
;) And tell Buddy that there was a huge group of us going on that walk with you..in spirit anyways. I even noted how he way keeping his tail up.

:)

tatsxxx11
10-05-2001, 07:20 AM
Rachel is so right! Mr. Buddy Man, we surely were all with you in spirit. Not only do I worry for my kids, but have all of you guys in my thoughts every day! You are such a trooper Buddy; and making such great strides. And it sounds like you really enjoyed your outing; that's the best part. I know your mama must be like all the rest of us. We feel such happiness when we see our kids happy and healthy. Those "nice tireds" are the best!! :) Great big hugs and kisses to you sweet, brave Buddy! We love you!! Sandra, Cody and Star

lizbud
10-25-2001, 07:36 PM
Hi Everyone,
I took Buddy to the Vets today for a regular
Parvo booster shot & general exam.Last Thurs
I gave Bud a dog bisquet & noticed blood on
a piece of it that fell to the floor after
he bit into it. Buddy would not let me hold
his head still so I could look at his mouth.
I put him into a 'sit' 'stay' and backed off. When he relaxed his mouth into a 'smile'
I could see a large red piece of gum tissue
hanging over his bottom teetin the left jaw.
I called the Vet's Thurs evening (it stopped
bleeding pretty quick) just to ask them to
add that as something to check for in today's
exam. The Vet checked Bubby out today and told me it looked like a 'papilloma' and
he recommended surgery to remove it.I made
the appt. for 11/1/01.The Vet will do the surgery and Bud can come home the same day. He also said the biopsy results could be know within 48 hrs.He was very suprised that it had 'come up' so fast.He said it was a fast growing tumor but not to be too worried
about it.
The tumor does not seem to affect Buddy's
appetite, he weighed in at 107 lbs.

Sudilar
10-25-2001, 08:01 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy's new medical problem!!! I hope everything comes out ok. I know the hardest part is waiting for the biopsy results! Take care, Buddy-Boy, and get better!

Sue

Daisy's Mom
10-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Another problem Buddy boy?! I am glad this one is less serous. Good luck, hun!

tatsxxx11
10-26-2001, 04:49 AM
Awwww, Buddy. Not something else! I hope your mouth is feeling better poor baby. Mommy says we shouldn't be too worried. But until then, we will keep you in our prayers, dear Buddy. We love you boy.

AdoreMyDogs
10-26-2001, 06:07 AM
You get better, Buddy...ok? You have already made us all worry enough, we don't want to worry about you any more. So you make it through the next surgery quickly, and no more problems :) And I hope for only the best with the biopsy.

Your friends,

Leslie & Graham

Dixieland Dancer
10-26-2001, 09:27 AM
We are wishing and praying for good results on your biopsy Buddy. Hope your feeling better real soon!

RachelJ
10-26-2001, 02:06 PM
Buddy, you are like me, if it isn't one thing, it is something else. This one sounds like it will be a quick one to deal with and I know you will appreciate that. And we can't have anything that interferes with our chomping down on our krunchies and other treats, right? We'll be right here wishing you well and praying that Buddy preseveres once again.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-26-2001, 03:28 PM
Thinking about you Buddy Boy and will send those positive thoughts your way. Love and kisses Daisy, Perry and me

lizbud
10-26-2001, 07:01 PM
Thank You Everyone,
Maybe I should have waited until after the
surgery/biospy to tell you guys about Bud..
Buddy is doing very well really!!He eats
like there's no tomorrow, he's walking good,
and acts very alert & happy.He looks forward
to his daily walks through the neighborhood,
and greets me warmly when I come home from
work everyday. I'm going to take my Vet's
advice and not 'sit home & worry' about this.
Thanks for your kindness & concern...
Buddy & I send love to all of you & your
special little fur-kids!!!

RachelJ
11-01-2001, 07:00 PM
Did Buddy have his surgery today? Is he home safe and sound? Did the vet have any information or prognosis?

We are hoping everything went okay for the bestest bravest fellow, Buddy.

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

lizbud
11-02-2001, 12:02 PM
Hi,
Yes Buddy had his surgery yesterday,and he's
home with mw now.YEA!!The Vet said the tumor had grown between the teeth and down the other side of the gum.He thinks he removed it all & then cauterized the wound.The Vet
told me he had given Buddy a Valium/? mixture
to put him out completely.Must be powerful
stuff b/c Bud was like a 'drunken sailor'
the entire evening.Kept wanting to go out,
I would take him outside and he would just
wander in circles and 'pretend to potty'.
This went on till past 11 PM.I did call the
Vet at home once during the evening to see
what they had used to sedate him as Bud has
never had this reaction before.Bud whined &
wanted to pace the floor all evening.
I decided to take today off work and just
be around to moniter him.Buddy does seem
better today,but still very tired. I'm just
happy to have him home with me and he really
does act more comfortable today.
Thanks for the Prayers & Good Wishes. Liz

P.S. Sure hope Visa has a sense of humor.LOL.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

Phred
11-02-2001, 12:55 PM
Wow, Liz! That sounds like some serious surgery happened :eek: in his mouth!

We all hope the recovery is quick and complete. Give BudMan a lot of {{huggs}} and **smooches** from all of us! :D

RachelJ
11-02-2001, 02:44 PM
Oh, Buddy, you just had a rough time, didn't you. But it is over now and the mouthers will heal up pretty soon. We sure hope you are having a better day today. Maybe a Frosty Paws would feel good on those gums. Huh?

And Buddy, don't forget to KEEP YOUR TAIL UP!

tatsxxx11
11-02-2001, 04:53 PM
Hey, Buddy! Star here. Hope yer feelin good today. That musta been a reeel ouchie. As fer doin circles inna room that's the same"cocktail" I got when I hadda thingy done. Vitamin "V" and ketamine! Mom's a recovery room nurse and said that stuff'll reeeeely knock a pup onna butt! :eek: Hope yer moufie heals reeeel quick so yuz can git back ta woofin down yer vittles. Till then, listen to yer momma and take it eazy. Love, yer pals, Star and Cody

Sudilar
11-02-2001, 07:23 PM
Couldn't get back on the 'puter yesterday evening, the server went down. I called that tech up real fast, but he couldn't do anything for me so I had withdrawal pains from not having a puter last night!!

Buddy!!!!! So glad you got through that surgery!! It sounds scary!! I hope they got it all. We'll be praying for your quick recovery. Killian reacts that way to a certain anesthetic (ketamine?), too. He paces, can't sit down, walks all over the place, has to go out to go pee, jumps on the couch, jumps off the couch, extreme panting,etc. It used to drive me nuts because I'd want him to just sit and relax after surgery, but nooooo, he couldn't. This last time, they gave him a different anesthetic because of his liver disease and he was perfectly fine. The vet did say that it wasn't a real powerful one and she did have to give him a little something more to help him. It wore off in a day.

I'm really worried about your mouth, though. Please let us know how it turns out. Good luck to you, Buddy. You're in our prayers still, til you're totally healthy!!!

lizbud
11-03-2001, 06:17 PM
Hello Everybody,
Just wanted to tell you guys that Buddy is
doing MUCH better today!!!
All that "crazy juice" has worn off,and Bud
is acting normal again.Bud wanted me to thank
Dr. Rachel for giving his Mom the Frosty Paw
RX. He had one this morning and one tonight
after supper.Rachel, it does seem to sooth
his mouth & he LOVES them...
Funny thing, but Bud's appetite has never
been affected by this growth and even now,
he eats his krunchies with gusto!!!
Buddy's getting all the Hugs & Smooches
sent along to him by his Pet Talk Pals...

Love & Thanks to Everyone. Buddy & Liz.

RachelJ
11-04-2001, 11:17 AM
Alright, Bud Man. Way to goooo! We are so happy that you are back to feeling normal.
Now all we have to do it get good biopsy reports and then Mom can relax too. I'm going to make myself a smoothy for lunch and toast to your good health! Hope Mom stocked up on them Frosty Paws for you! ;)

delidog
11-05-2001, 05:30 AM
yeah buddy!!! glad that you are doing better!!! the deli dog

lizbud
11-05-2001, 09:57 AM
GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS !!!
Buddy's Vet called me at work this morning,
and the tissue checked out as benign.Vet
called it an Epulis.Bud goes back for a check up on his mouth next Monday.I am so HAPPY!!!
The Vet said is very hard to distinquish a
Epulis from a Fibrosarcoma without a pathlogy
report.

FROSTY PAWS FOR EVERYBODY !!!!!

Thank You Everyone for the prayers for Bud.
Liz & Buddy.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

Logan
11-05-2001, 11:03 AM
Oh, Buddy, I am smiling from ear to ear :D , just because I just read your mom's note that everything is OK with you!!! Hurray!!!

So glad that you are getting appropriate attention and yummy treats while your mouth heals too!

Lizbud, I know you are relieved. Hope only good things happen for Buddy, from now on. :)

sammi
11-05-2001, 11:19 AM
Okay what is a Frosty Paws?? Sounds good would I like it? :D :D

lizbud
11-05-2001, 11:39 AM
sammi,
Actually I had never heard of Frosty Paws until I heard other Pet Talk folks mention
them in posts. But, I found them at my local
grocery.They are little "ice cream" cups of
a product with no milk or cream in it.It's
a frozen treat for Puppers.
You & I would probably prefer real ice cream...
Logan, AMEN, I think he & I both are
due for more NORMAL times..I'm dropping off
some film this evening and when I get the CD
back, will upload some pics to Buddy's site.
Ther are even a couple pics of Bud & me
together.(YIKES)Hate having my picture taken,
but hopefully Bud & Kittys will look good ..

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

jackiesdaisy1935
11-05-2001, 03:11 PM
YAAAAAAAAAy for Buddie, Liz get those treats out he deserves them. We are all celebrating the fact that Buddy is his ole self and no problems. Love that Good News. Hugs and Kisses for the Budman.
Perry, Daisy and me

RachelJ
11-05-2001, 03:56 PM
http://plauder-smilies.com/beerchug.gif Frosty Paws cheers and here's to Buddy! Lot of reason to celebrate tonight. http://plauder-smilies.com/party/dance.gif

lizbud
11-10-2001, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just put some newer pictures of Buddy
(post surgery) on our website to show that he's still doing well.Thank God ,and a BIG Thanks for all the prayers & Good Wishes from this very Special group of people on Pet Talk....
http://community.webshots.com/user/lizbud4

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

Sudilar
11-11-2001, 06:27 PM
Bud is lookin' good!!! So happy for him!!

lizbud
12-02-2001, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to close out this 'thread' on
Buddy's surgery & recovery episodes by
letting you guys know that Buddy is doing
really well !!He has not used his ramp for
the past month & goes out & in down the back
stairs with no problems..Mom is spared the
daily treks out into the rain,wind & cold.
Believe me..It was a small price to pay..
Today was a bright sunshine filled day,and
as I poop scooped the yard , Buddy continued his 'tunnel to china' that he hadn't worked on since last spring. He and I had a great
afternoon together.Bud loves for me to be
outside with him. Oh, by the way. the hole is
about 1 ft deep & 1 1/2 ft wide.It's under
a bush at the back of the yard so no one
can fall into it.
Bud & I offer prayers for all the other Pupsters that need them right now, and send our Thanks to all his Pet Talk Pals. Liz.

Logan
12-02-2001, 07:53 PM
What wonderful news to hear. Buddy is well!!! :D :D :D We needed that and I know you did too!! Happy digging, Buddy!

Sudilar
12-02-2001, 08:15 PM
So very glad that Buddy is doing so well! It's so nice to hear good news!

Daisy's Mom
12-02-2001, 09:52 PM
What wonderful news!!! I am so happy!