PDA

View Full Version : This makes me upset!

petlover
11-05-2003, 11:11 PM
I haven't thought of it as more than a childesh thing lately. But since this evening I am really upset about it. I have a yellow lab named Sugar. She was born in a place that was not puppy approved and there was flees. She is just a little bit *slow* right now. She is not dumb! She is a VERY smart dog. It is just that, she acts like she is * dopey* sometimes and people made fun of her. I feel so bad for her. She is such a sweetheart and that is why I named her Sugar. It was because I couldn't think of anything sweeter than my little Sugar dog. People sometimes ask me if she is sick. I just say no and that she was born a little slow. Then they start talking SLOWLY to her. Like she can't understand english!!!!:mad: :mad: I don't know why people think like that. As a matter of a fact she was housetrained in less than 6 days. Faster than any other dog around here. She also learned how to open the back door when she wants out to go potty. She is a VERY bright dog to me. I just don't understand why people think that if you are slow, you are dumb. That is not how it works.

Kfamr
11-05-2003, 11:18 PM
What do you mean by "not puppy approved" ?

petlover
11-05-2003, 11:24 PM
I mean that she was born at a place that was outside in the dirt, there were fleas and ticks all over the place. ( Which experts highly reccomend no fleas or ticks at the birthing spot.) They had dirty old ruggy pillows to sleep on. It was a little shed with cardboard boxes as a fence. So when the wind blew, it was pretty cool. And when it rained, it got very muddy.

Rio and Me
11-06-2003, 04:00 AM
Most likely a BYB!!!
people may think shes dumb but allot of people think all dogs are dumb!! (not me)!
but you know she not so just tell them shes not and if they dont belive just think who cares anyway!!!:p my dog my problem type of thing!!
some people think that my Rio is vicious and stubburn but she certainly isnt vicious just protect and scared of stangers!! shell growl and snarl at certain strangers (if i think they are a threat to me or her ill say she will bite, or if i know them ill say she wont hurt you i promise!!!) but if people want to think that i dont care gives me a bit of protection,lol
Ky and Rio

petlover
11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Also, I don't think it was on purpose, but I think that she might have been inbred!!!:confused: The man probably took one dog for the father and the mother got pregnant by her brother. I know that it is disgusting sounding. But it happens a lot. And there usually is always something wrong with the puppies when that happens.

My Peanuts
11-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Don't let the way people treat Sugar bother you. People usually don't understand that when you insult someone's dog you might be insulting them too. I know how you feel. I think Syliva might be a little slow, but she is too young to really tell and might just be a wild puppy. Sugar is a beautiful dog and if you love her, then that's all that counts.

dukedogsmom
11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
What a beautiful dog! How anyone could be hateful to her, I just don't know. I'm glad she's got someone that cares/loves her. Don't let those mean people get you down.