PDA

View Full Version : tried to not post but I need help

lbaker
11-05-2003, 06:40 PM
I would really like it if Karen, Jenluckenback and others that care - and especially those that met my Daughter-in Law Jenny at the Pennsylvania PT Meet to please send prayers & positive thoughts to her. She just went through major SirJury and prognosis is uncertain. My son is a basketcase and I now have two teenage boys to keep sane [HAH] and my son too. I'm trying to do right but ready to break.. as soon as I have time. PLEASE GUYS - I'LL PRINT IT OUT AND PUT IT BY HER BED... she has been a "Lurker" and knows who most of you are. Sorry to bring things down. Smoke? Cinder? Phred? Help me I think I'm falling.....
Laurie

Soledad
11-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Laurie, I'm hoping your son and daughter-in-law get the strength they need to get through this difficult time. Just remember that you are all surrounded by love and good wishes, no matter what happens. :(

slick
11-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Laurie, we will be there to catch you and your family. Sending prayers that things work out OK. Love and hugs to you.

dukedogsmom
11-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Jenny, we hope and pray that you will be alright and that your family and friends provide the comfort you need during this hard time you're going through. We here at PT wish you the best.

CamCamPup33
11-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Jenny,
I really hope you feel better soon, and recover fast so instead of just lurking, you can become a full time pettalk member! I hope all is going good, and the prognosis is a o k! Get well soon!

Laurie,
Take a break! Slow down! ;)

-Amber, Cami, Cali :)

Pam
11-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Jenny, I don't know if you remember me but I was the one with the little black poodle. I don't need to know anything about the nature of your illness because God already does and He is the great physician. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping that Laurie will soon be posting some good messages. (((hugs)))

Karen
11-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh Jenny Jenny Jenny! We will keep you in our prayers, and pray hard for you to get better. Okay, each guy? Find a doggie to take for a long walk. I'm sure Badger would offer his services. Then somebody smuggle something with dog hairs on it to Jenny's bedside - it'll make her feel more like home. Oh - and that something with dog hair all over it can be a human being, too.

Boys? You take a moment and take a deep breath, and give Laurie a big hug from me, okay?

Jenny, you'll be in our prayers tonight, and I'll tell the handbell choir at church to pray for you tomorrow night, too. I am sure Cinder and Smokey'll be on the prayer line soon - guys, I know from meeting Jenny that she looooooves doggies, and gives a good belly-rubs to doggies, too - I've seen it happen!

Love love love love hugs and happy healing thoughts coming your way ...

RICHARD
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
HI!!!

Sending you best wishes from the Left Coast!!

The Pet Talk Prayer Rule has been invoked!

Pet Talk Prayer.

Section 1.a

When the PTPR is invoked, all good thoughts, vibes and prayers will be multiplied by three and sent to appropriate place on the planet.

This policy covers all members in the PT family.

GET WELL!!
:)

lbaker
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
This is totally right. Can someone please, NO nevermind, I'll do it. Ask Karen to let the PA people to send thoughts. My son says she will totally feel good about this. doG, thank you friends.

Amber
11-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Get Well! :)

aly
11-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Dear Auntie Laurie,

We are keepin' you and your family in our doggie prayers. We love and miss you and send many tail wags, sloppy kisses, and butt wiggles!

LOVE,
Reece and Lolly

PS - You can show this pic to Jenny and we hope it will make her smile!!!!!!

http://rescuedpaws.com///costumes2.jpg

KYS
11-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Sending lots of payers and love from CA to Jenny,
you, and your family.

HUGS!!!
(((0U0)))

sammi
11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Jenny, I will send prayers and positive thoughts for you to heal and have strength to get through this illness.

Having met your mother In-law Laurie in Texas, she is a special person and I am glad she can help you and your family at this time.
Positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Sammi/Mollie

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Herrow, God?

Hi God!
Kuppla problemz down here onna Big Durt Ball...

Furst there's Miz Jenny...
Purdy sure You were dere fur da Sir Jury;
but we'd like fur You to help wiffa rekovery, too.

Pleeze reach down wiffa GodsPawz an Hold her reel tite...
An tell her You Love her an are gonna Help.

Then we gots da Boyz an Miz Laurie...
Their terribul wurried bout Miz Jenny.

Please gather da whole Fambly an give em a *BIG* Gods{{{HUGG}}
an let em know You're werkin onna *fix* fur Miz Jenny.

Oh - an dat BIG GLOW You see down here -
dat's allua Pet Talk Kandils :) lited up fur Miz Jenny!

Thanks fur Helpin, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

slick
11-05-2003, 07:08 PM
I see God has been dialed up....that's means good results for sure :) :) :)

zippy-kat
11-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Holding each and everyone of you in our hearts and thoughts and in our every prayer!

Love you guys!
Tonya, K'Cee Kat, and Hyper-Piper

PS I've asked a special hoppy-loppie angel to keep watch over you. As our "inside" joke goes: Buns atop heads!! (Please forgive her for mussing your up-do! :o And you think that's a headache? No, it's just love *tHuMps* to let you know she's there.)

{{HUGS}}

lovemyshiba
11-05-2003, 07:39 PM
You and your family will be in my prayers Laurie.

Logan
11-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Laurie, I'm glad you came to us. :) It won't just be PA people, but many others, too, who are praying for Jenny's healing tonight, and for the "boys" too, and you.

We love you (of course you already know that), and we're here for all of you.

Jenny, please get well, and know that you have many friends who care and are praying.

Logan

lizbud
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Extra special prayers and good wishs for Jenny, your son
and the entire family. Please know there is power in prayer. :)

{{{ Hugs }}} from me & Smokey.:)

popcornbird
11-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Will be keeping Jenny in my thoughts in prayers, and hoping everything turns out fine. May she heal well and quick!

CatDad
11-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Jenny,

Sending Positive thoughts and prayers for a strong and speedy recover. The kitties also send purrs of comfort and healing to you.

Also, sending prayers and comfort and sanity:) for Laurie, her son and the boys.

May God keep you all in his Grace.

tatsxxx11
11-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Dearest Jenny

We're keeping you and your entire family in our thoughts and sending you our most heartfelt prayers for your quick and complete recovery. You know, the power of the Pet Talk Prayer Patrol is mighty awesome...and Cinder and Smoke have a direct line to the big guy!:)

Laurie, we love you and as Logan has said, we are here for you always and forever. {{{HUGS}}}

Jenny, Sandra, Star, Cody, Mr. B, Oliver and Moon send you our love, a big hug, purrrs and slurpy licks. Please get well soon and join us here at Pet Talk. We're saving a place at the table for you:)

captain
11-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Jenny,

Wishing you strength and a speedy recovery.
In our thoughts and prayers.

Corinna
11-05-2003, 10:02 PM
All paws crossed here. We know prayers work in this house.
With the pup hotline and the pt rule invoked how could God not listen.

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Jenny, prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for you and your family. I sure hope that you have a full and quick recovery.

Laurie, some extra prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care and stay strong. We're all here for you now. {{{HUGS}}}

K9karen
11-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Dearest Jenny..please know that your extended family in Glenside, has all fingers, toes and paws crossed for a speedy and full recovery. You absolutely have to get well so you can join us at our next PT PA meeting..it wouldn't be the same without you there! Prayers go out to you too, Laurie for strength and guidance throughout this ordeal. You are so sweet and caring and everyone needs you right now to stay well yourself. Please please, NEVER hesitate to come to your friends here whenever you need to talk. Please please email me if you want.

shais_mom
11-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Laurie and Jenny and Family.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Staci

Barbara
11-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Positive thoughts, love and best wishes coming over from this side of the Atlantic.

:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-06-2003, 04:31 AM
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lord,
We stand in agreement that Jenny will be healed in Jesus' name.
Amen

jenluckenbach
11-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Dearest Laurie, I am devestated by this news. {{{{HUGS}}}} Charlie and I both will be praying for dear Jenny and your whole family. I don't have Cinder & Smoke's way with words, but:

Dear God, Please be with Laurie, and Jenny and their family to help them through this rough time. Be with the surgeon as he works to fix her ailing body. And continue to watch over them as recovery begins. Amen

Laurie, youa nd your family are way to special to ALL of us to bear this burden alone. I am glad that you decided to post here.

Love you

Jen

ChrisH
11-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Jenny, sending love, prayers and positive thoughts for, and to, you, your hubby, your boys, and, of course, you too Laurie.

{{Hugs}}
Chris

11-06-2003, 05:49 AM
Lots of "Get-well-wishes" for Jenny, all the way from Belgium!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Jenny.. and Laurie...

We are praying for you guys... Keep faith and don't forget nothing is too small for God.. He is God of the impossible..!!

Dear Father...

Please give Laurie and her family an extra special touch. Strengthen them up and keep them under your hand. Lord work your wonderful healing power for Jenny... so we can have a super happy praise report from Laurie... that everything is 100%. Thanks for hearing our prayers.

In Jesus' name
Amen

Don't worry about posting about your needs. We are all here for you!

Christiansmommy
11-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Hi Jenny...we met at the PA Pettalk meeting...i was the one with the 2 year old son. I am glad that Laurie has come to post here about this. The Lord listens to prayers and answers them too, and I am sure that there are many people here praying for you...hopefully that is a comfort to you in this tough situation.

(((HUGS))) and prayers are being sent to you.

Robyn

Edwina's Secretary
11-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Laurie,

My thoughts and hopes for a speedy recovery for Jenny and strength for her sons, your son and you.

Sara

gini
11-06-2003, 07:55 AM
"Jenny" - such a down-home, warm, friendly name. Whenever I hear this name I always think "you're really going to like this person. My sis-in-law has this name too.

I think I will call you Laurie's Jenny, when I ask God to reach down and help you heal. Mom's are pretty important - especially of two teenage sons - and God knows that you are needed here to keep an eye on them and raise them straight and true. That's why He will be with you every step of the way and have you back home and healthy in no time.

Laurie, are you getting those crab cakes ready?

lbaker
11-06-2003, 08:05 AM
You betcha Gini, these will be some of the best crab cakes cooked in all time - certainly will be cooked up with the most love. And thanks all of you, you are the best friends I have ever had. I'm printing this all out and will take it over to the hospital later. Not sure if she will be aware of things by this afternoon/evening, she's pretty doped up and still in excruciating pain but after the consult with her surgeon yesterday evening son & I are a bit less frantic. You are the best & I will let you all know as things become clearer.
Laurie

anna_66
11-06-2003, 08:45 AM
Don't know if I'm too late, but I still want to send my prayers to you, Jenny and your whole family Laurie.
I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.
Anna

Denyce
11-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Tons of prayers and positive thoughts coming from the Mountains of Central PA. I hope you get better soon Jenny and that the pain passes quickly.

Laurie,

Keep strong and positive. All will work out for the best and your holidays will be wonderful this year.

Denyce

Vio&Juni
11-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Get Well, Jenny!

Kiia
11-06-2003, 09:59 AM
I hope I'm not too late posting here.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, wishing you a healthy, speedy recovery!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Don't know if I'm too late, but I still want to send my prayers to you, Jenny and your whole family Laurie.
I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.
Anna

In my book one can't ever be too late with prayers and good wishes.

Laurie, I'm so glad you posted here, there is no way you should have to endure something like this without the power of PT behind you.

Prayers, positive thoughts, crossed fingers toes and tails and anything else that might help going out to PA.

(Zippy, I loved this "And you think that's a headache? No, it's just love *tHuMps* to let you know she's there.")

Albea
11-06-2003, 12:21 PM
I add my prayers and positive thoughts to all the other ones. Hope they will help Jenny recover quickly and will give you the comfort to know that we are here for you and your family.

PayItForward
11-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Adding my prayer to the Pet Talk wall.

Sending positive thoughts to Jenny & Laurie and their families.

carole
11-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Laurie the power of pet-talk is with your family right now, they sure have helped me through some tough times., and I firmly believe in it.

I sincerely hope Jenny continues to improve, and will soon be on her way to a speedy recovery.

A big HUG to you and your family, you will be in my daily thoughts. TAKE CARE.:)

lynnestankard
11-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Dear Jenny and Laurie Keeping you and all the family in my thoughts and prayers {{{Hugs}}} and good wishes flying over from the UK .
Those Prayer Pups have been on the 'hot line' hopefully you'll start feeling much better very soon Jenny.
Even though it's Thursday night I've just lit a Monday night candle and it's shining bright. All the luck in the world xxx

Lynne

jenluckenbach
11-10-2003, 10:07 AM
How's Jenny??? How are you, Laurie??

lbaker
11-11-2003, 08:17 AM
I really wanted to wait until we had some answers and now we do AND IT'S GOOOOD NEWS!! :D :D There does NOT appear to be any cancer. One more test result to come in but the problem appears to be some weird massive infection. Poor baby has 37 staples going from her "bikini line" to above her navel (they had to remove some of her innards :( :( and is still hooked up to IV's but she's able to sloooowly walk to the bathroom and can sit up in a chair for 15-20 minutes at a time. She was able to sip real juice last night and may be able to go to the clear stuff diet today. She has asked me to thank every single one of you and the print out I took her made her laugh and cry. She wants to keep it forever and tried to read it to the boys but her eyes kept leaking. She especially loved hearing about "prayers, candles, bells and crossed paws". I told her she is now an official member and part of the PetTalk Team. Behold the power of PetTalkers. I love you all and my family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts. To Jen and the PA troop, she says she'll see you in the Spring and you couldn't KEEP her away :D
Laurie

Cataholic
11-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Does it get any better than this?:)

Logan
11-11-2003, 09:22 AM
What wonderful news, Laurie! Please let Jenny know that we're still praying for her to get better and back home very soon! :)

Albea
11-11-2003, 09:35 AM
That's great news, Laurie!!!
Please tell Jenny we are still thinking of her and wishing her a quick recovery.

tatsxxx11
11-11-2003, 09:50 AM
No, it doesn't get any better than this.:):):) I can't adequately express to you Laurie and Jenny how overwhelmed I am by the wonderful, wonderful news! Now we turn our prayers toward a very speedy and complete recovery! Love and great big hugs to you Laurie and "Laurie's Jenny!":) Sandra and the Furcrew!

ramanth
11-11-2003, 09:56 AM
My thoughts and prayers to Jenny for a continuing recovery.

Your wonderful update made my day Laurie. :D *HUGS*

Kia, Zam, and Logan send lots of love, kisses, and purrs.

slick
11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Laurie, I'm sooooo happy this has turned out OK. You must be so relieved. Yes, it's funny how you can become part of Pet Talk without really trying.:D We'll have to have a special toast on Thursday for Jenny's continued recovery.

lbaker
11-11-2003, 10:13 AM
We sure will Slick, she's been hearing about and laughing at Thursday's for 27 weeks now. hmmmm, could be she's just laughing at US :o Maybe this week she can join us instead of hiding under the pool table :rolleyes: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-11-2003, 10:34 AM
What wonderful news! Yeah! I'm so happy everything will be ok. So she's a few pounds lighter because of the missing inards, so what? Being a few lbs lighter is a good thing no matter what the cause, right? ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2003, 11:17 AM
This is fantastic news!!!!:D Prayers and positive thoughts are still coming her way for a quick and complete recovery.

Barbara
11-11-2003, 11:32 AM
This is so good to hear:)

We keep fingers and paws (back and fore) crossed for the recovery :) :)

Kirsten
11-11-2003, 11:38 AM
We keep fingers and paws (back and fore) crossed for the recovery

Same here! :) I'm glad to read the good news! :)

Kirsten

gini
11-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Did you hear my WHOOP and HOLLER all the way to Maryland?

Seems to me that things are falling into place so perfectly that this THANKSGIVING will be truly that........A HUGE DAY OF THANKS GIVING!

lizbud
11-11-2003, 11:50 AM
I am so glad to hear the good news.:) Will keep up the prayers
and positive thoughts for a quick & complete recovery.:)

ChrisH
11-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Wonderful news! :) :)
Will keep sending the prayers and positive thoughts now for a speedy and complete recovery.

Hugs

RICHARD
11-11-2003, 12:49 PM
:D

jenluckenbach
11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know how to send some of these tears of joy to MD? What happy news. :D

carole
11-11-2003, 03:47 PM
What a JOY to read such wonderful news, brought happy tears to my eyes, the power of PT works another miracle again.

Wishing you happy times ahead and a very speedy recovery.:)

jenluckenbach
11-20-2003, 06:09 AM
HI Laurie, I've just been thinking about you , Jenny and the whole family. Hope all is well.

RobiLee
11-20-2003, 07:01 AM
I'm so sorry that I missed this thread earlier....BUT...I'm so happy to hear the good news!! I'm wishing for a speedy recovery and hope all that pain goes away fast.

Thinking of you and hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Robin :)

lbaker
11-20-2003, 07:07 AM
What a great feeling to know that my family is thought of so kindly by so many wonderful, caring people. Jenny is getting stronger every day, eating well (yes Gini, I fixed her crabcakes on her first day home!) and is able to "hook herself up" to the antibiotic meds three times a day. A homecare nurse comes in once a week to take her vitals and she's sleeping well... especially now that her momma cat and a dog or two tuck her in at night. This indeed will be a THANKSgiving.

slick
11-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Once again, please know that I'm sending good thoughts to you, Jenny and her family. A special toast at Dick's Place awaits you Jenny and I've got a very special angel ornament I'd like to hang on the tree just for you.:) :)

lbaker
11-20-2003, 08:54 AM
angel ornament? It must be a picture of YOU ;) Thanks Slick.

Nomilynn
11-20-2003, 09:18 AM
I never saw this thread either.. just wanted to say I'm happy your daughter is doing well, and I hope she gets better really soon :)

mugsy
11-20-2003, 09:28 AM
I just saw it too. I'm sorry for the late good wishes, but, I'm glad all is going well with Jenny. Come out from under the pool table and join us when you feel better!!

gini
11-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, see, it is those crabcakes that did it.

The recipe calls for crab and milk and some eggs and maybe crackers.......but then it also calls for...........

Ten cups of pure love..............

That is Laurie's secret ingredient - it works every time.

lbaker
11-20-2003, 09:57 AM
* air kiss * Gini. See you in a bit at Richards :D