PDA

View Full Version : *gasps* Guess what?

bluekat
11-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Yesterday after dinner my dad totally surprised me. He came downstairs carrying a camera, saying that he just bought it the afternoon. Guess what? Its a digi too!:D Yay! Now they'll be more pictures of Blueberry;) Hope you won't mind:p
I started taking pics right away. here's a really freaky one, lol

I'll need to take more though;) :p

primabella
11-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Congrats! You are now officially a digital camera owner! :D

Get more pics up soon! :)

HoRsELUvR
11-05-2003, 04:42 PM
awesome!congratulations!

Twisterdog
11-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Congrats, I'm jealous. I wish I had a digital camera. Maybe for Christmas. *sigh*

Can I make a suggestion? For those of us who are poor and have old computers and slow dial-up service, it takes a LOOOONG time to open really big picture files. If you could make them smaller in the future, it would help us out. Thanks! :)

bluekat
11-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Can I make a suggestion? For those of us who are poor and have old computers and slow dial-up service, it takes a LOOOONG time to open really big picture files. If you could make them smaller in the future, it would help us out. Thanks!

I know, they're big...but do you know how to make it smaller?:confused:

Russian Blue
11-05-2003, 05:27 PM
There are many programs, but I use a program called IrfanView to crop, resize and enhance all my photos. It's very easy to use and you can dowload it free here:

Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/)

Have fun with your camera!

;)

stacwase
11-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I know, they're big...but do you know how to make it smaller?:confused:

Most of the programs that come with the camera have a "resize" feature. For mine I go to "image" then "resize". I either make the photos 7" high or wide, and if you can only resize in pixels, make the height or width (whichever is bigger) 800 pixels.

Congrats on your cam!

binka_nugget
11-05-2003, 06:22 PM
congrats! what camera did you get? By looking at the attachment name, it looks like you got a sony. Am I right?

bluekat
11-06-2003, 03:46 PM
lol, yep its a Sony;) :p

Thanks for the advice, I'll try resizing the pics from now on:)

isis
11-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Cool!!:D

boscibo
11-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Congrats, I have two Sony digital cameras. If you have any questions the manual can't answer, I'll try and help.

I never install the software that comes with the cameras, I have Photoshop and I use Irfanview for resizing. It depends on which software came with your camera, though, but most have resizing features. Irfanview is easier to figure out and a great free program.

To get your pictures in focus, press halfway down on the shutter button to get the shot in focus (it can take a few seconds, wait for the beep) then press the shutter. That part is a little tricky, but will really help with focussing.

CatDad
11-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I will leave the graphics programs to the pros. Which I am not one of.;)

However, if you upload you pictures to Imagestation and post them directly into your post they will show up as a resonable size.

Good luck and have fun with the new camera. :D