PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a friends cat

Uabassoon
11-05-2003, 01:37 PM
One of my friends on another site that I am on has the cutest cat named Pheobe.
http://images4.fotki.com/v42/photos/9/99069/469867/DSCF0131-vi.jpg

She is currently trying to earn money to pay her some vet bills and to save up enough to get her spayed by selling her crafts on ebay. Here is her story.

"When we adopted Phoebe she was underweight and sickly. But I wanted to bring her home instead of wait for her to get better in her foster home with 11 other foster cats. I switched her food from Royal Canin to Purina One, and she has gained 4+ pounds in 3 months!!! She had conjunctivitis and was a little sniffly, so we took her to Dr. B and he told us to keep giving her eye drops and also gave her her second distemper shots.

BIG MISTAKE

you NEVER give a cat distemper shots when they have an upper respitory infection. Phoebe got worse FAST. She started coughing and sneezing and throwing up bile. She'd meow in pain before she threw up. I was in tears. Since Dr. B is booked weeks in advance (and I was mad at him for making such a elementary mistake) we took her to Dr. D (a friend of ours and who works at the hospital my husband used to work). Dr. D gave us great medicine for Phoebe, and she got about better in the three weeks she was on it, but she still had a bit of a sniffle so we took her back for a re-check and she's on a different antibiotic to take care of the pneumonia in her lungs.

If Dr. B hadn't made that mistake, none of this would have happened. Now we have to get Phoebe's 2nd distemper shots all over again because the antibiotics. It's been a very long, stressful, expensive mistake - but we are dedicated to our baby and religiously giving her medication and making her 100% healthy for her December spay.

So in order to help pay for the costs of these shots, medication, and her upcoming spay, I've been making cute things and selling them on ebay. We're definitely going to get her fixed no matter what (if a cat goes into heat, it makes them 50% more likely to get cancer), but things have been stressful and my husband is in school so my job pays for everything.

Please take a moment and see what I have for sale on eBay. I just finished making a bunch of iridescent glass magnets that are really pretty and durable. You can check them out here:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=artofbeing.you&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Regarding my eBay auctions, if you bid on an item - PLEASE send me a note saying you found the link from livejournal and are helping out Phoebe!!! I will only charge you $1.00 for S&H (instead of the usual $5.00). THANKS!!!

I'm also going to start making polar fleece scarfs for $15 (including S&H) with kitty felt appliques. I have pink polar fleece, charcoal grey polar fleece, black wool, and pink flannel for the scarfs. I can custom-make an applique that looks exactly like your kitty (or bird or dog or any special pet). Let me know if you're interested, and email me a picture of your pet so I can start working on it. My email is [email protected] Thanks a million for your help everyone!!!

If you want beaded detail on the scarf (like a beaded collar on the kitty) It will only cost $20 including S&H. :)

Even if you aren't interested in buying anything, or can't afford it - please just keep Phoebe and us in your thoughts and prayers. All I want is for my precious baby to be healthy."

Logan
11-05-2003, 01:51 PM
I will pray for Phoebe. Thanks for letting us know so we can keep her in our hearts and prayers.

Logan

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-05-2003, 02:21 PM
I'll keep Phoebe in my thoughts, and have a look at the stuff on eBay too (I'm ALWAYS buying things off eBay, and it IS time to start looking for Christmas pressies!

Kirsten
11-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Best wishes to poor little Phoebe! I hope she gets well soon!

Kirsten

ChrisH
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Thanks for telling us about Phoebe. I will be keeping her and her humans in my prayers.

tatsxxx11
11-05-2003, 05:03 PM
What a trying time for you and Phoebe:( I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, and checking out your goodies on Ebay too!!:) I hope Phoebe is 100% very soon! (She's beautiful!):)

CatDad
11-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Prayer and happy thoughts to Pheobe and her parents.

Hoping for a very speedy recovery.

I will also go and check out the goods on ebay. I can never have too many items. Also Christmas is comming.:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2003, 10:35 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are going out to Phoebe and her family. I hope she makes a full recovery soon. :)

shais_mom
11-06-2003, 12:30 AM
I will definately send up some prayers for sweet Phoebe. She looks so much like my Kylie!

Kater
11-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Prayers on the way for beautiful Phoebe!
And her Mommy too....what a horrible ordeal. :(

Is she taking any legal action against this vet? They shouldn't be making obvious mistakes like this and if they do they should be reprimanded somehow.

I'll go take a look at her eBay auctions as well!

bisi.cat
11-06-2003, 02:12 AM
What a sad story!
Prayers are on the way for beautiful Phoebe!!!

P.S.Uabassoon, I love your new sig!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-06-2003, 04:09 AM
That link didn't work for me. But if you search under seller's names for artofbeing.you the items are listed. I think I'll order a scarf - they sound so cute!

catmandu
11-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Prayers are Coming for Phoebe! All the Best to her!

NoahsMommy
11-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey, Laura.

Did your friend complain to the first vet? It would be decent of him to offer to at the very least pay for the second vaccination. Decent...as in, avoiding a lawsuit. Even I know you can't vaccinate a sick animal and I'm just a receptionist!!

As for her spay, is she able to find a low cost spay clinic? I know we charge well over $100 for a feline spay, but the local shelters will do it for about $25.00. Is that a possibility for her?

I'll be sure and keep this kitty and her owner in my prayers. Poor things, having to go through that. :(