PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!

Christiansmommy
11-05-2003, 08:20 AM
My husband's car was stolen last year and the police recovered it and my husband completely had to rebuild the car, etc. it was all torn apart. So anyway, he got this really great alarm system and we have had no problems. We live in a good neighborhood, but on a busy street. Anyway, on mischief night, he parked behind my car in the driveway, just to secure it a little. It got egged really bad, and they didnt even touch my car. It also had these spots on it that look like it was shot with frozen paintballs. We weren't sure though, b/c there was no paint evident. But this morning at 3am, his alarm went off, and we just assumed it was sensitive to the rain (it is a really sensitive alarm), and so we thought nothing of it. He went out this morning for work and saw that it was shot 5 times with paintballs. Hopefully, no more damage to the paint was done (the frozen ones did damage the paint). So i called the police to report it, just for the record. He came out and said that if it happens again, to call immediately and they will have someone on night patrol to check it out...so anyway, it just goes to show that too many parents these days, just don't have good control over their kids. Unless, it is a grown man with a bad sense of humor.

We figure they dont touch my car, b/c they get no reaction with an alarm (since mine doesnt have one)...

They must live nearby for it to happen more than once...we'll see what happens...i will post any updates.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-05-2003, 09:09 AM
It's so sad that "people" have nothing better to do than to damage property which others have worked hard for:(

I am very aware of where my Son goes at night (he is almost 15). There are a few "expat clubs" - like social clubs for westerners - a couple of restaurants, tv room, pool tables, darts, and sports facilities etc. One of the reasons we moved house is to be within walking distance of these places. But I do occasionally "pop in" whilst he is there - just to make sure he IS where he says he is, and they are not doing anything they shoudn't be. It also gives him the perfect face-saving excuse - if his friends want to leave and go somewhere he is not allowed, or do anything they shouldn't, he always says "You know I can't, my @#%^&* mother might come in and check on me"

I know it won't work foerever but it works at the moment.

(Of course my daughters will not be allowed to leave the house until they are at least 23);)

Rio and Me
11-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Its like that over here to with thugs!!!
My brother had a car project of his on his ford Capri (?sp) it ws in our field just up the road with my horses in it! and at night some thugs went in with a crow bar and distroyed it!!! my brother knew who did it and you can guess what he did!!
If they had touched my horses they would have been in intesive care or dead!!!
but it happens every where and now we lock everything away!!!
Ky and rio

Corinna
11-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Ally cat's mommy ; I did the same thing for my kids they may complain now but mine have come back and thanked me for being a #*%$# it gave them the back up without losing face. About the daughters good luck!!!! Mine is 22 and we are planning a July wedding ,but she has found a great guy.

lovemyshiba
11-05-2003, 07:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that Robyn, I remember when the car was stolen before:(
I hope they can catch whoever is doing this--it's disrespectful and rude.

Please keep us updated.

Christiansmommy
11-11-2003, 12:57 PM
UPDATE...my mother in law lives in the town next to us and was reading her local paper and it said that (2) 18 year old boys were arrested for paintball shootings. At a car and at a person. The police got them and they also had marajuana on them too. It was on a road that connects her town to mine, and then my street runs right to that road...so assuming it is the same kids that did this to my husbands car...they must have just came from their town, turned down my street and did a driveby on my husbands car. So hopefully that is the end of that. I find it too coinsidental that it would be the a different groups of kids...i have a different police department than those kids were under when they got arrested, so they (the cops), probably don't even know about it happening in my neighboring town too. I bet it was the same kids, and hopefully this has put an end to it!!!

Glad they got arrested!!

Logan
11-11-2003, 01:19 PM
I hope that the perpetrators have been caught, Robyn. What a pain this was! :eek: Many times, I worry about our cars being out in the driveway. There is so much stuff in our double garage that there is no room for our cars, but I feel a bit better because we know that Scott's Expedition won't go in there anyway! Hehehe!!!! :)