PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving Pet Talk

petlover
11-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Hey. I am leaving Pet Talk. I am sorry. People are taking me as a bad person for what I said about Hallie. They are saying that I start trouble and that I always attract attention when I know that I will get "smoked". Or whatever that means. I am sooo upset. Very unimpressed with Pet Talk. Very offended as well. I was just putting a post on " I'm getting a horse!" on Pet General and somebody comes up and starts talking about me making trouble and etc. I can't take that. I came to Pet Talk because I wanted to get away from all of them people like that. I thought that the people here were better than that. I am homeschooled because people were like that to me at school. I am very offended guys. Good-bye. I will miss the good part of this site.

aly
11-05-2003, 01:30 AM
The problem with public forums is that you will always see things that offend you and there will always be people you butt heads with. The best I can tell you is to ignore the things that upset you. I have a hard time doing that myself, but am working on it. I hope that you won't decide to leave Pet Talk over one incident.

I also wanted to ask you if you saw my reply about the puppies you found?

popcornbird
11-05-2003, 02:09 AM
I really hope you don't leave over this. :(

I for one find it very courageous of you to admit your mistake, really feel bad at heart, and promise never to do it again. We're humans.............we make mistakes, and we learn from them. I'm certain you learned from your's. I'm sorry you felt hurt, and I know that if I were in your shoes, I would feel the same.

Please don't leave over this! You will be grateful later on, if you make the decision to stay! Just ignore people who hurt you, and don't take their comments to heart. :)

Kfamr
11-05-2003, 04:46 AM
You've been here for like a week, and you're leaving?
You haven't even given it a chance. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh well, Bye!

stacwase
11-05-2003, 06:46 AM
There are also a lot of really great people on this board. You will be missing out on a real gift and giving those argumentative people their way if you leave the board.

moosmom
11-05-2003, 07:05 AM
Whatever :rolleyes:

Karen
11-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Please don't leave, sometimes discussions get heated, but we do not think you are a bad person. You are young, and still learning, and this is a part of that! Lurk for a while, and we'd love to hear more about your pets. I am glad you and Hallie have "made up" and hope everyone has learned from the whole situation.

sasvermont
11-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Bye

Samantha Puppy
11-05-2003, 07:47 AM
I just read through the "I feel evil" thread and at the end, you thanked Karen and apologized to binka_nugget... so what's the problem? :rolleyes:

With all the drama amongst the younger posters lately (not all), this place is starting to get pretty darn tedious. I'm not leaving as I enjoy some people's company too much, but sheesh - come on. A little maturity goes a long way. You posted a thread about smacking your dog on the nose amongst pet fanatics - what sort of response did you expect? I actually think you got a lot of constructive criticism and should relish what was said, instead of running away because someone said you shouldn't have done that. Are you going to run away every other time you ever get admonished in life? You're in for a pretty miserable one if so.

stacwase
11-05-2003, 08:04 AM
I don't think it was the posts on the "I feel evil" thread that are bothering her! It's the posts on the other threads she's started. She probably feels like she's going to be attacked on every single thread now because of it, and she's probably right.

For example Tikeya's Mom said something that upset everbody, and now every thread of hers turns into a battleground.

Now, of course, Tikeya's Mom is doing the same thing to PetLover. Like I said - abusing people leads to them abusing other people. It's a vicious cycle.

Samantha Puppy
11-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Hm. Interesting. I've read other threads of hers and haven't seen a problem. If anything, it starts a debate amongst others. Aside from some people expressing their disappointment in the "I feel evil" thread, I don't see what the fuss is...

stacwase
11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Well - then she mentioned that she was going to get a horse and somebody told her not to hit it. I don't remember who said it.

She wouldn't have mentioned hitting her dog if she hadn't felt terrible about it. She was using Pet Talk as a confessional of sorts. Sometimes when we do something we know is bad, we just have to talk about it - get it out of our systems. I think she was expecting people to maybe offer some words of advice to help her deal with her anger in the future. I don't think she knew that people would interpret her as being an animal abuser.

A true animal abuser wouldn't have come on Pet Talk and asked for help and forgiveness.

Smilla
11-05-2003, 08:26 AM
I haven't read through the entire "I feel evil" thread, but I saw some very good advice from tats and others. Stacwase also makes a very good point above. Maybe you should reread the posts and reconsider your decision.

I seem to have missed out on all of the heated threads, thank goodness! PetTalk seems the same as it always has to me (except for all of the new names); if it's not, let me live with the deception. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-05-2003, 08:26 AM
You should give the board a chance. But whatever, bye. :rolleyes:

Linda York
11-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Petlover, I would reconsider your choice. Please re-think leaving. Pet Talk is an open forum, we get alot of differant opinions, thoughts and beliefs. If a topic is open for discussion.... there will agreement, disagreement. There'll be posts that make people happy, sad, sometimes angry. We won't always agree, we don't have to. As I have stated before, when you post a thought, question or opionion.. you are going to get back alot of differant replies. We are all differant. Some you will like and agree with, some you won't. Let people have their opinions. The ones you don't agree with or don't like, ignore. Let people state their thoughts without feeling that they are attacking you. Whatever the reply.... it is just an opinion. (the way that person feels about what is being talked about). I have re-read the posts in question and I see no harm done. But if your choice is to leave, I beleive you will be missing out some great people and pets.

petlover
11-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Ok guys. I have decided not to leave. Besides, it was just one silly offense. I also know that there are great people here. And great pets too!!! I am glad that yall reminded me about that. I can't believe that I needed to be reminded. Anyhow, I have learned to know most of the people and their pets here, and it would be hard to leave. So, I guess I will be seing yall in a thread.

binka_nugget
11-05-2003, 10:02 AM
:) I'm glad you didn't let that scare you off. Flares are common around here...you learn to take in constructive criticism and leave out the nasty thoughtless comments.

Linda York
11-05-2003, 11:10 AM
"I'm glad you didn't let that scare you off. Flares are common around here...you learn to take in
constructive criticism and leave out the nasty thoughtless comments."

"The problem with public forums is that you will always see things that offend you and there will always be people you butt heads with. The best I can tell you is to ignore the things that upset you. I have a hard time doing that myself, but am working on it. I hope that you won't decide to leave Pet Talk over one incident."

"I also wanted to ask you if you saw my reply about the puppies you found?

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-05-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't know the history behind this, and I don't really want to know. (It was the title that caught my eye).

What I will say is this. Think of Pet Talk as a huge family. Just like any family, we will have differences of opinion and downright arguments. Just like any family some of us will handle it well, and some of us will handle it badly.

But a family eventually puts whatever happened behind them and moves on. When push comes to shove, family are there for each other, and they support each other.

That has been my experience on Pet Talk. I have always had support and advice when I needed it most. I am sorry if your initial experience has been different, but I'm glad you are sticking around, to get to know us better.