PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Banjo...

CathyBogart
11-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Recently, in a park very near my home, a senior citizen lost her ten month old Norwich Terrier puppy to another's inability to be a good pet owner.

66 year old Sara Whitlock stepped out of her car with Banjo the puppy on his leash. Out of nowhere appeared a bulldog which then spent half an hour mauling the puppy. She compared it to a lion attacking a kitten.

Other people at the park rolled garbage cans onto the bulldog, and doused it with water, but the dog kept attacking. Finally it managed to break Banjo's neck. The bulldog was captured, and Banjo was rushed to the vet, but it was too late.

I cried when I saw this article today. (I wanted to post the actual article but the paper wants $3 per article to view them) I'm sad to say that in this case I do think that the bulldog should be PTS. Right now it's on house quarantine, and then it will be evaluated. I hope it is put down and its owners are banned from owning any more dogs.

I wish there was some way I could help Sara Whitlock, I can't even IMAGINE the agony she is going through right now. She said she may press charges, and I bloody well hope she succeeds!

Rest in peace little Banjo, play well at the Rainbow Bridge and know that we're thinking of you...

babolaypo65
11-04-2003, 10:11 PM
So sad. and such an unnecessary death.:(

GoldenRetrLuver
11-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Oh No. :( How sad...I also agree that the dog should be put to sleep, it's best in the long run.
RIP Banjo. :(

slick
11-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Banjo, I know you are happy and healthy at the RB right now and I know that Toshie has shown you the ropes. I'm sorry that you had to leave your master at this time and in such a tragic way. Please watch over her and take care of her.

bluekat
11-05-2003, 04:31 PM
:(:( How sad...RIP sweet Banjo:(
I can't even imagine how Sara Whitlock must be feeling:(

trayi52
11-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Poor little Bango, and his mommy. I was luckier than that, I had a Chihuahua once to be attacked by a German Shepard, it grabbed my little Bingo and ran off with her, my husband tried to catch it as it ran by him with my Bingo between its teeth and he missed. Well when it run by me I just jumped on top of the dog and it let go of my Chihuahua. Believe it or not, I was trying to choke the dog to death, I was so angry I didn't even know what I was doing. Anyway my husband told me to get off the dog that I couldn't kill it like that. That dog never came back to my place, and my Bingo lived and wasn't hurt.
That had to be dreadful to witness, that dog killing a defenseless little puppy. I hope they put it down too. That really makes me angry to hear such a terrible thing. My heart just goes out to Sara, she has to be really hurting.

lovemyshiba
11-06-2003, 01:16 PM
How sad:(

Rest in Peace sweet Banjo.

delidog
11-09-2003, 05:27 PM
How Terrible!!!!
Godspeed,Dear Banjo!!!!
Scrubber and Ms.Puss will Take care of you!!!!!
My heart goes out to Owner Sarah!!!!

cocker_luva
11-13-2003, 04:18 PM
i hate it when animals die for an unnessary reason! i know that if an animal of any kind started attacking my dog, i would start to beat the crap out of the animal, no matter what kind of animal it was!!! i know it sounds bad to say that, but i would. and i wouldnt apoligize for it!!! even though my little girl can usually take care of herself, i would jump in and help defend her if nessacary!!!

trayi52
11-13-2003, 08:24 PM
cocker_luva,
You sound like me, here I am sitting on top of this big huge German Shepard, trying to choke it to death, I was so angry, I just wasn't thinking. I know it was stupid, but that little dog was smaller than that dogs head. :):confused:

Willie

amoore
11-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Poor litte dog :(
Im so sorry for that baby
I have a little chihuahua , and she is so little ,I stay frighted that she could be killed so easy !
I feel so bad that that little dog dieing such an awful death ! :(