PDA

View Full Version : The Catwalk

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Peanut is practicing to be a model on the catwalk. Check out her feet as she walks. :D

Oh, and I did it in sepia tone, what do you think, should I have left it in color? It wasn't all that clear because the lighting wasn't that good....

slick
11-04-2003, 10:03 PM
:( Can't open this one either. I've checked my File Types and it's supposed to open with Windows Media Player which I have, but it just won't open.

Prairie Purrs
11-04-2003, 10:41 PM
What an elegant lady! Peanut is such a darling! :D

jazzcat
11-04-2003, 10:49 PM
I love it. You just need that song "I'm too sexy" playing along.

CatDad
11-04-2003, 11:00 PM
I think she will be the next super model of our time.:D

I agree you should have the "I'm too sexy" song playing in the background.

If it was too dark then the sepia tone was a very good choice it looked like it lightened it up.

Vio&Juni
11-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Debbie, this is exactly how Pichu walks (he looks a lot like Peanut, btw) and we blame it on the fact that his front legs are much shorter than his hind legs. Pichu looks very funny walking with his big belly, especially after he had eaten something :)

bisi.cat
11-05-2003, 03:19 AM
Now this grand old lady can teach all of us how to walk with grace and a regal attitude!!!
She's so lovely!!!
And the sepia colour matches wonderful with her beautiful "catwalk"...:)

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2003, 08:17 AM
I think she is practicing walking down the red carpet to accept her Acatemy Award...:D ;) :D :rolleyes:

ramanth
11-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Lovely Peanut! :D

I just love the way she stops abrubtly.... we all know how much she loves to be on camera. ;) :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-05-2003, 08:39 AM
What an elegant kitty she is.....great video!

This reminded me of a passage in a book called "Enough to Make a Cat Laugh" by Deric Longden (He is a brilliant British author who writes about his cats all the time)

In this passage he was going out into the garden, to look at the first snowfall of the winter, accompanied by his cat, Thermal:

"Thermal hadn't bothered with his wellingtons. He trotted on ahead of me in his bare feet, dotting out a trail of paw prints in the virgin snow, and I stood back and watched in amazement.

He had four legs and yet he only left two prints amd they were both strung out in a straight line, as though he were walking on a tighrope. It's a wonder he didn't fall over.

And then I realized that he always walks like that, but I had never really taken any notice before. He put one foot down where the other had been, just like a supermodel. I wonder if that's why they call it a catwalk"

Sorry it's a bit of a long quote, but I just had to share it
:)

stacwase
11-05-2003, 08:49 AM
I think that's her instructional video. She should be a teacher at a finishing school! ;)

amoore
11-05-2003, 09:22 AM
The cat walk was great , that was so cute ,..all we needed was that old song playing "On the cat walk " !
Thanks so much for that ! I see a future model ! :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-05-2003, 09:47 AM
We had trouble watchin the movies, too.
Dad figgered out how to do it...

1) First Open "Windows Media Player"...
If there isn't a short-cut on your desktop;
Click on START;
POINT to "Programs"...
another box should pop up with "Windows Media Player" listed with
the other programs -
Point to it and Left-CLICK...

The Player should open and fill the screen with the view box and a
whole lotta ads...

2) RIGHT-click the Movie LINK on the PT page;

3) a Drop-Down Box appears...
4) POINT to "Copy LINK Location" and RIGHT-Click on it...

5) Back to the Windows Media Player screen...
6) Upper Left Corner - Left Click "File"...
** Drop-down box - find and LEFT-Click the chioce
** "Open URL"

7) The "OPEN" data box will appear...
Point the mouse inside the white box (delete anything that might be
already in there),
Then RIGHT-Click and the Link Location you copied from the PT page
**should** magically appear in the data box.

8) Punch the OK button - and the player should load the movie.

You might have to punch the Big Arrow Button just under the screen to
*roll video*...

/s/ Phred

mahayana
11-08-2003, 09:07 PM
that was a cute vidio all you need is the song : up on the cat walk : by simple minds . :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Lovely Peanut! :D

I just love the way she stops abrubtly.... we all know how much she loves to be on camera. ;) :D
Yep, you got it Kimmy. She saw the camera, stopped, wagged her tail a few times, then turned and walked back the other way - into the bedroom (which is the door at the end of the runner). I got all that on film too, but it was way too long to put up here, and I didn't want to show what an attitude the new supermodel had. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Great quote Ally Cat's Mommy! So appropriate. :D

And yes, I didn't even think of that song before, but it would have been great.....but then you might never have seen the video because I haven't figured out how to add sound yet. I know how to mute the sound that's there, and I thought I was doing good by figuring that out. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, and thanks for the instructions Phred. I know a lot of people have trouble with videos, so hopefully your instructions will help them out. :)

Killearn Kitties
11-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Oh, beautiful Peanut! She has a lovely walk. Thanks so much for the video; I only wish I could have seen her turn and walk back to the bedroom.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy - I had forgotten about Deric Longden! He used to write a column for the BBC's monthly cat magazine and it was absolutely excellent. I dadn't realised how much I was missing Thermal!:D

NoahsMommy
11-12-2003, 03:36 PM
I love it. You just need that song "I'm too sexy" playing along.

hee hee, no need....I sang it in my head as soon as I saw her. :)

What an elegant little model. :D

2kitties
11-12-2003, 03:53 PM
She is a Natural!

iloverat
11-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Peanut definitely has the walk DOWN. I could watch that over and over. Soooo cute.

Allycat's Mom -- I'm so glad you quoted D. Longden. His book, The Cat Who Came In From The Cold, is one of my favorites. I'm going to try to find a copy of the book from which you quoted.