PDA

View Full Version : Dog wrestling

teena
01-08-2001, 08:46 AM
Well, we had an interesting weekend at our house. My two dogs LOVE to wrestle. They both stand up on their hind legs and wrestle until one or the other gets mad and I make them quit. On Sunday, they got a little rambunctious and Annie grabbed hold of Max's lip and wouldn't let go. When they quit, Max was bleeding quite profusely. It was on the left side of his mouth, where those little weird bump things are on their lips. When I got the blood cleared away, he had a tear in his lip about 1/4" deep. So, off to the vet we go. Yippee!!!! The vet decided not to stitch it, but cleaned it real good and put him on antibiotics. Almost $100!!!!!
I guess Max better start listening when Annie says, "Knock it off or I'll rip your lips off!"

tatsxxx11
01-08-2001, 03:40 PM
Last week Star (lab) and Cody (husky/shep) were "wrestling" like they OFTEN do, usually in the family room, knocking everything over! Star is still in the "puppy" mode and gets a little carried away. I suddenly heard Cody yelp. Well, Star had grabbed her ear tip and bit all the way through! Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back to the vet we go!! Like you, sutures, antibiotics!!! Well, Star is feeling pretty remorseful. Now she won't stop apologizing. She puts her paw on Cody's head and makes her lay down, then will gently "pick" at the scab and lick and clean it endlessly! What sisterly love!