PDA

View Full Version : Big time tear jerker!

stacwase
11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Oh my gosh!!!! I've been bawling my eyes out!

Whatever you do, if you hate crying, do not buy "Chicken Soup for the Dog and Cat Lover's Soul". I read the first 3 stories and I just can't read anymore! I'm going to have a sinus headache from all the crying as it is!

The stories are just so unbelievably touching. Not sad - just soooo touching!

I got the book because I liked the little exerpts on the backs of the food bags.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb [hits self on head].

Now I won't be able to stop reading it until I've read every single story and have used up 3 boxes of tissue.

Uabassoon
11-04-2003, 07:17 PM
I have that book, I love the stories in it. But I think mine is for the Pet Lovers Soul, and I still cry everytime I read it. I especially like to read it during my umm emotional time of the month, it's a great tear jerker.

CamCamPup33
11-04-2003, 07:18 PM
One of my teachers read a story to us from their.. I started bawling and everyone is like omg amber whats wrong.. Im like HELLO! were you listening? Yeah they are sad..

Kater
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Oh my gosh!!!! I've been bawling my eyes out!

Whatever you do, if you hate crying, do not buy "Chicken Soup for the Dog and Cat Lover's Soul". I read the first 3 stories and I just can't read anymore! I'm going to have a sinus headache from all the crying as it is!

The stories are just so unbelievably touching. Not sad - just soooo touching

Oh geez, BEEN THERE!
Glad I'm not the only one! ;)

ramanth
11-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
But I think mine is for the Pet Lovers Soul, and I still cry everytime I read it.
That's the one I have. :) And I cry too!

tatsxxx11
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
A friend gave it to me after the passing of my best friend, my Lab Jingles. It took me months before I could bare to pick it up. I got through one story and cried so hard my nose was so stuffed I couldn't breathe and my head was pounding. Haven't had the courage to pick it up again!

lovemyshiba
11-05-2003, 07:57 PM
I just bought that book the other day--let me tell you--the first chapter of stories are the saddest (they were to me). I haven't finished it yet, but many more of the stories made me smile.
I cried so hard in the first chapter my nose was stuffed and I got a headache--it was the story about the stray cat who came to the lady's house when she was dying and dropped off her kitten, and then followed by the dog whose owner died and he laid on top of his grave for months afterwards:( Those 2 did me in.

I love the book though.

delidog
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I read that book and "for the Pet Lovers' Soul"
about 4 years ago.......I love them!!!!
Yes, They make you Cry...They make you Laugh!!!!
But The stories are True!!!!!
We Love Them!!!!

Read James Herriot Sometime!!!
Takes you on Every Emotional Roller Coaster There Is!!!

bluekat
11-06-2003, 04:44 PM
I have that one and the one for Pet lovers:) I love those books:D

I agree, they really make you cry. I've read the ones on saying goodbye, and they're so sad:(